Sway

Welcome to Sway’s Suggestion Box!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. We will read all suggestions and respond to every suggestion that gets at least 20 votes. We may also merge and rename suggestions for clarity.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion boxes, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Standard Disclaimer
(Our lawyers made us put this here ;-) )
Please note that the Sway Suggestion Box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. If your submission is not a product feature suggestion it may be removed. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your submission is subject to the UserVoice License Terms.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

I would like...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The ability to fine tune layouts, designs, typography, colors, and themes and more

Having the ability to be picky with the layout, designs,etc. as we have with PowerPoint would be awesome. Sway provides fantastic transitions and layouts that would suffice the general user, but having the power to modify specific details would be a game changer. The other idea would be the ability to export and download with compatibility with presentation software would be beneficial to a broad audience. Also have an option that the Sway can autoplay!

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! While fine-tuning is on our road map, we’re currently prioritizing the work that will allow our algorithms to get it right more often (to minimize the need for fine-tuning). If you’re interested in learning more, you should check out this blog by the original general manager of Sway: https://blogs.office.com/2014/12/10/sway-philosophy/. In summary, we are trying to understand what a person’s intentions are when they tweak the layout, so that we can teach Sway to do that tweaking for them. We know we aren’t entirely there yet, so we hope to continue to learn from you where Sway is failing you so we can improve. If you have any specific examples where you don’t like Sway’s layout, please tell us in the comments along with why you think something else would be better. :)

• The ability to add Excel Files in Sway

As my immediate supervisor loves Excel, many of our files are in that format. The ability to embed spreadsheets with the ability to switch between sheets/tabs in Sway would be beneficial.

47 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Please allow the use of tables of data

I would like to start using sway for business presentations that can be shared online. It would be great if Sway would allow me to put in small tables so that I can put data into presentations. At the moment I can upload data as text, which is fine, but without being able to put it into columns and rows (or even use tabs to separate the data) it at all looks a bit of a mess and I am not sure that I can use Sway in the way I would like.

53 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Button for 'see all' sways

Congratulation for sway. Our main Problem is the search function and thats my question: how can I search in all sway-files/documents, and not only in the one which are showed on the front side. Or is there a buttom for 'see all' files?

18 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Support Photosphere or 360 degrees panoramas

I really, really wish there is support of panoramas in Sway. This should include 360C photos as well as "normal" wide panoramas. Like in Google Photos or Flickr

9 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Download Sway as a Flash file

sway should be able to be downloaded as a flash file to play arround and share.

24 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Add Google Analytics to a Sway

Hello! My name is George, and I'm from Russia. I have been doing Internet marketing in B2B. I constantly use your program to create business proposals and presentations of our services. My clients are thrilled with the presentation in the "SWAY". I would really like to understand and analyze the behavior of see my presentation, in order to make them better and more useful. Is it possible to attach the system analysts, such as Google Analytics. I would like to see on what the user pays attention when watching. It would be helpful to know how much time it takes…

20 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  3 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Make Sway work with Mix

I'm a teacher and I was recently introduced and given the opportunity to play with both Mix and Sway. They're great products, but I don't understand why they can't work together. I would love to create a sway where I can quiz students and see analytics. I'd also love to be able to download or export a Sway. I really like the way Sway looks and it will be great for me to present info, but it really needs the interactive nature of Mix in order to foster collaboration.

22 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    3 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • SWAYs at Docs.Com must load and view FASTER on MOBILE Devices.

SWAYs, especially those with videos and other rich multimedia content, take too long to load and view on mobile devices.

I tested several 'featured' SWAYs on an iPhone 6, iPad, Samsung Note 4, and Note Tablet ed. 2014. I tried both ATT's 4G mobile data and a very fast WiFi connection.

The TEST RESULTS were the same: SWAYs load too slowly for most mobile viewers, especially first-time casual users to a Docs.Com Collection.

If MSFT can't improve SWAY mobile loading times, this outstanding method for web publishing will surely flop.

9 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • It is very time consuming. very slow. To share the photos, transfers not very good. Compared to Google, you have to improve a lot.

Let the site look like a page in a book. A few buttons, which serve well. Faster, and with exact purpose. Not to confuse.

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • 1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • There should be a way to play a sway from a certain point

Every time you press play it starts from the beginning and that is not very useful for editing. You should be able to play from an exact point.

5 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • "Animate" my text to reveal answers to questions

Do something like group text cards, so that I can do similar approach to when I could animate text to appear on a click in a PowerPoint. In my classroom I do daily questions on PowerPoint and then animate the answers to show up when I want them to show up. I can't find a good way to do something like this but maybe if there could be stack cards or something with text that flip between the cards or reveals the "back side" of the card, that would be a neat interactive and visual way to work with text.

7 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Autoplay through a multiple sways in a playlist and loop as a continuous presentation

I would like to use sway to present stories of victories and recent achievements to people who come into my office on a casual basis, to keep people in the loop about what's been happening.

This would require creating a Sway for each victory story, and then creating a playlist of Sways which could auto-play through. It would be played on a loop setting on a TV in the office.

I think Sway would be a fabulous method to presenting and communitcating these stories, but without the ability to auto-play a sway, play through multiple sways in a playlist, and…

87 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Hi, it would be just awesome if Sway could have the ribbon like it is in Office in general. This would make our work much more intuitive.

Hi, it would be just awesome if Sway could have the ribbon like it is in Office in general. This would make our work much more intuitive and effective. I think most of us agrees that ribbon was excellent idea.

11 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Sway chat

A chat to talk with other people that are editing the same Sway.

6 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Email a sway so that it shows up in the email body (not just as a link), and/or import to mailchimp.

When people get a sway it is just a link, so it can't really be used as a newsletter for marketing purposes. It needs to look like something in your mailbox; no on will click on just a link.

Also it needs to import into mail chimp so you can use it with your email list and have all the tracking features at hand (or recreate the mailchimp features in Sway).

207 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      2 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Add screencasting tools to SWAY so I can make my own educational videos from my computer

Please include screencasting tools to sway. Small businesses will not always have dedicated video makers or graphic artists to make educational videos and upload to sway before making a newsletter for example..I should be able to record and demonstrate while my webcam captures me and the educational video uploaded into SWAY...(see screencast-o-matic.com).

2 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Caption on Image Stack

It would be cool, and useful, to be able to caption a stack of images -- presumably they are related in some way, that is why they are grouped.

Currently captions on images within a stack do not show until you click on the little icon inside the picture, and then the caption tries to display also inside the picture -- rarely works well. When the stack is expanded to full screen, no captions show.

So something to describe what the stack contains would be very much appreciated: e.g., Scenes from the Party, Terraced Fields, etc.

5 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Sway metadata API

I would like to embed a sway into my website similar to the way twitter embeds tweets into external sites. Right now, if I want to list Sway's on my blog, I need to host everything on my site statically, which could easily get out dated if I edit the Sway. I would like to be able to just list the Sway URLs and have a javascript library go through and create the previews for me.

3 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 35 36
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base