Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Immersive Reader for Sway

The Immersive Reader found in Word and OneNote and other places is amazing. Please bring the immersive reader to Sway. As a presentation and teaching tool, this would substantially improve the accessibility of Sway content. The translation and dynamic visual formatting features would be most valuable.

403 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Whitelist Request (University Tenancy Level)

At Griffith University we are wanting to embed our number of standard web applications as well as our own internal applications within our Microsoft Sway content. Currently you get an error stating "Sorry, we do not currently support this site...". Our MS 0365 support team have advised that they cannot add any applications to our white-list for Sway.

We have found that the white-list of allowed embed-able content in Sway is controlled as one global list rather than administered per tenancy. This level of control to allow each tenancy determine their own white-list will allow organisations to cater to their…

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add background music to sway

Add background music to sway

106 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Manual Option To Add Font, Color, Background, Theme, etc

I had moments ago described an issue with building a Sway. When the text and graphics are put together it's all entirely random. There needs to be consistency and documentation to this process. THIS IS NOT THE SAME ISSUE.

When creating a Sway not only are the options limited (right side) but what is available I find utterly confusing. This could be organized far better such as picks: Select - background, font, color, whatever... The one click option to change is like everything else in the app totally random so I am forever clicking. Usually I end up liking a…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. data storage to move within EU

Today our sway is not stored within EU, that forces us to block Sway, so we can't use it! Please move the storage of sway for EU installations to servers within EU.

https://products.office.com/en-us/where-is-your-data-located?geo=Europe

228 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Embed sways directly into email

Embed sways directly into email rather than having to send recipient to another page via embed code/link

146 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Screen Recording

I found I had no way to use Sway to record the screen in animated way for a presentation that required it to be filmed/pre-shot. In the end I used VLC media player to record the screen. It worked well enough but would have been streamlined with the aid of Sway built in screen recorder or animator. :)

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Give the option to remove security warning pop-up.

This week, any links embedded in my Sways that are clicked on bring up a pop-up security warning regarding leaving the site and going to a new one. Now, all Sways that I have embedded in my WordPress site will not open any embedded links because it cannot deal with this pop-up. As the owner and creator of the Sways, I am confident that I am not entering any dangerous links (most of them are to my own SharePoint) and I cannot afford for my customers to have this annoyance. Please, at least, give organisations the option of removing this…

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sway forum or site feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show who has seen the sway

Hi,

I would like to have the possibility to see that people from my organization have seen my sway.
    Currently lets see how many but not who.

Thank you

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. clickable table of content on top

Have a clickable table of content on top iso only the navigation icon - this would enable me to use sway to create modern training manual, ie users can see the headers of my subsections and navigate quickly to the content they need.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Alignmet options.

Hi.

It would be great if you can align the text like in Word. Aligment options like justify or align to the right.

Thanks.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. *.Padlet.ORG whitelist request for University

Here at the Queensland University of Technology in Australia, we use the Padlet tool in our Learning and Teaching tool mix.

In the last year, Padlet.com changed their business model from allowing multiple free 'Padlets' to only 3, resulting in schools and universities such as ourselves needing to procure "Institutional" licenses for Padlet - this was no problem, and also allowed us to have a custom subdomain in the *.padlet.ORG space.

Free-account Padlets (Padlet.COM) embed with no issues in Microsoft Sway. *.Padlet.ORG, however, DO NOT EMBED.

error:

"Sorry, we do not currently support this site. Please look at the more…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sway App!

Hi!

I am using sway, and i think it is amazing! However I would like to suggest that a Sway app is created instead of having to use sway online! Also a photo and video crop function would be good. But apart from that, awesome program!

Thank you Microsoft!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Sways into Folders... I have too many under 'My Sways'!!!

I have so many Sways... Revision Sways, Portfolios, Stories, Newsletters, Units of Work... and they all live under 'My Sways' - an increasingly over populated area! I like an organised workspace and would love to be able to create category folders and organise my Sways accordingly. PLEASE consider this, we teach students not to save everything in 'My Documents', to use Tabs in One Note, to use folders in OneDrive, to use channels in Teams, why is Sway storage so one dimensional???

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. embed h5p

Hi,
    Could we please enable embedding H5P.com content on Sway please? We use Sway for education and we need to be able to embed H5P's interactive content on Sway.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. export

We would like to export/import a Sway. This way our students could export a Sway from their school account and import it to their privat account, when they're leaving school. Or one teacher could export his sway and give it to another teacher who then could import it and adapt it to his needs in his own account. As a workaround we can share a sway, open it with the other account and duplicate it then. But a export/import possibility would be way better. Thanks.

113 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fine Tuned Analytics

When reviewing Sway Analytics, I notice that the number of total views is higher than the number of people in the distribution list that I send the newsletter to. Is there a way to modify the analytics to only include unique views based on sign in information and not include additional views by the same person but on a different device? The skewed numbers don't allow me to present an accurate report of how many people are actually opening the newsletter.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a border to images and videos within sway

When I insert image/video can I have the option to add borders around them. When there is a photo stack sometimes the photos could do with a border

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I would love to see an Undo Feature added.

It was my first time visiting Sway & I accidentally X'd out a feature that I cannot find to re-add to save my life! Undo would allow me to go back a step and correct my mistake, that so far I have found no way to fix. Searching for that feature (options for suggestions when adding pictures) has been fruitless so far. The actual options we have for view are very limited, and I don't see this as a settings option at this time. I don't know how to bring it back and I really preferred it to be there.…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. allow section links for a table of contents or a link to a specific section

We love using Sway for newsletters and more. But here's a suggestion for you, @sway. Allow us to make a link to a section. Then we could refer readers to a specific article. It would be possible to do a clickable TOC, too!

382 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 68 69
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base