Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

I would like...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. allow section links for a table of contents or a link to a specific section

We love using Sway for newsletters and more. But here's a suggestion for you, @sway. Allow us to make a link to a section. Then we could refer readers to a specific article. It would be possible to do a clickable TOC, too!

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Be able to add background music to my sway

Be able to add background music to any sway

147 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fonts in Sway

Could we please get some more updated fonts in Sway such as the Segoe UI Font family?

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create a Sway app for Microsoft Teams

We have teams that use a variety of Microsoft O365 apps for a single project. For instance, we have a Sway that people can read through to get information on a training course, and a Planner where folks can looks for issues with that material or make suggestions for updating that material in the future. We have started to use Microsoft Teams and we would like to move to using Teams as the go-to collaborative environment for certain projects. In order to make that work, we would need a Sway App that can be installed within Microsoft Teams so a…

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. connect Sway Analytics in Power BI

I would like to create Power BI reports and dashboards using Sway Analytics as a data source.

Ideally, I could create reports using analytics from Sways I have created and Sways for which I have author access.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Being able to add tables and quotes

To add tables and quotes (prominently) you need to separately create and publish as images, which impairs viewing by mobile devices.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Embed content from SharePoint Online

Provide the ability to embed SharePoint items, like documents, lists and pages into a sway

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Download the corporate font on Sway

This tool is great ! However, I would appreciate if I could download our corporate font on Sway in order to create our Sway template.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. attach files, not import them

It would be great to upload files as an attachment without showing the content of the files, but have the possibility to click on it

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Uploading a Sway to Microsoft Teams

I'm looking for some direction, I'd like to upload my Sway library to Microsoft Streams, although we share Sways with the organization I'd like to build a full library of them in a central location for everyone to be able to view anytime and open it up for others at our location to be able to share their sway creations as well. Are there directions available on how to upload Sway's to Streams, I've been doing a lot of searching without success

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Export Sway to PowerPoint

Sways should have the ability to export as .pptx

110 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Presentation mode

To be able to play/present my sways in full screen mode like you can in PowerPoint.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hyperlink Images

Hej
    I'd love to create a simple landing page with various offers. Instead of a link-list to the details I would like to use images/icons that the user can click to navigate to another sway or service.

Please just allow to change the navigation target from clicking on an image to either "view in fullscreen" as it is default now, or "navigate to: URL/Sway", so we can use images as hyperlinks.

Thanks

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add a feature to create tables directly in Microsoft Sway

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Sway 内での表の作成機能について

Add a feature to create tables directly in Microsoft Sway
    ■Description(内容):
    現時点では Microsoft Sway 内の機能に "表" を作成する機能がなく、Excel Online 等にて埋め込む方法が代用の方法となります。今後の機能の拡充の要望として Microsoft Sway 機能内にて "表" を作成する機能を追加していただく事を要望いたします。

It would be very useful if we can create a table directly within the Microsoft Sway, instead of creating a table in Excel Online and embed it into Sway.

Thank you for your consideration.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. To have options for creating folders in Sway

I suggest Microsoft Sway team to think of an option to create folders and then create or place sways in it.

So that I can have all the sways related to one activity in one folder and also searching becomes easy.

Moreover, the dashboard looks clutter free.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. No. of Viewers report

How can I get a view report on my sway? I want to get the entire list of viewers or no. of views about my sway, when someone is opening my sway in web layout and does not have the app installed.
    Please reply.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable editing of Sway on Android via an app

Until we can edit and update our Sway on the go and anywhere than this will not be perfect. It would be ideal to take a snap on our camera phone and instantly upload it to Sway for editing. I use my phone more than a laptop/ computer to work so having a Sway app would turn this into a much more user friendly concept

151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Analytics for media content engagement

It would be great if Analytics showed how much users engaged with media that is embedded in a Sway (e.g. average time viewing/listening, etc.). I am using it for student podcast/video hosting and this data would be useful for discussion.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. eDiscovery & Administrative Management of Sways

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Sway/eDiscovery-amp-Administrative-Management-of-Sways/m-p/288723#M281

Today:
    •Sway activities are available in the Audit Log of the S&C
    •Sways are held in a blob storage in Azure, so are not stored in Exchange or SharePoint
    •Because Sways are not in the purview of Exchange or SharePoint, you cannot place them on eDiscovery holds or capture them in content searches
    •No PowerShell module exists that can manage Sways from a tenant admin perspective, like Whiteboard.
    •Additionally, because they are not stored in Exchange or SharePoint, and there is not a PowerShell module, you cannot transfer ownership of a Sway(s) to another user.

What we need:
    1.…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 61 62
  • Don't see your idea?