Sway Suggestion Box

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Paragraph Breaks in Various Formats

It would be great if sway would not break paragraphs into different sections. Oftentimes the text has 2-3 lines in one column and then the last 5-8 words in the next column which makes it difficult to read.

It would be great if Sway just always kept paragraphs in a single column. At least if they are under a certain length.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hello there, i have tried sway and here are some elements that i would like to point out for the betterment of presentation in Sway. Fo

Hello there, i have tried sway and here are some elements that i would like to point out for the betterment of presentation in Sway.

More fonts and font size should be embedded, easy text moving and wrapping,insertion of audio files, more transitioning effects and text animations, text with pictures(not captions) should be added, share via mail, convert to video option...if the sway experience approaches the PPT i guess users will really sway in joy with sway but for the time being there is MUCH room for improvement.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Sway Team responded

Please split your post into single ideas so others can vote on them! Additionally, since some already exist (audio, font size, etc.), you can just go ahead and vote for those!

3. A Header Card that includes a header image and a logo

At the moment it appears you can put a header image with text, but if you wanted to include a logo too that would be a new card? As on a website or eg Facebook and Twitter I think a lot of us would have a header image, name of the person/organisation and their logo all together as part of the header. Having the logo on a separate page looks a bit odd. Another option would be to allow you to put your logo as the first element: but it seems if you add a picture it has to be…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Vertical list/group

Currently Sway has the ability to make seemingly random sized grids, stacks and slideshows, but it lacks a common layout: a list.
    One thing all by itself. Kindof like Headers, but not massive. I could use Text, but those have a decent gap between them.
    It would also be nice to have a thumbnail on either the left of right side (let the user choose), or none.

Usage:
    [1] I have a bunch of images with captions, a thumbnail could be displayed on the left, text on the right. One image/caption per "line". That way everything is nicely aligned and…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. To be able to put Tweets into the grid

It's possible I just did it wrong, but I wasn't able to put tweets into a grid which I think would look really nice.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Layout "Slideshow" & "Stack"

I hope to see a better "Slideshow". This is an amazing layout for showing pictures in Sway.
    I have some ideas:
    1. Allow modifying "Emphasis", like "Subtle", "Moderate", "Intense"
    2. Provide an option for animated slideshow, where pictures sliding within the card. This is quite eye-catching.
    3. Show caption on the picture
    4. Button for expanding the Photo Group, maybe a popup or extended area, showing grids of photos.
    Thanks!

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Sway Team responded

Thanks for the feedback! We’ll be working on getting that feature to be more complete in the future. :) Let us know if you have any other improvements you would like to see!

7. transition

The transitions on Sway must be made smooth. At the moment, they are often jerky. Or clunky. They have no mass. This is a stark contrast to transitions on other presentation platforms.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Move more freely while navigating

Deverían poner más estilo libre... que se pueda mover de un lado para otro y regresarse o algo así

Translation:
    IN THE PART OF NAVIGATION

Should put more style free... to be able to move from one side to another and returned or something

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for submitting feedback! If we understand correctly, you’re interested in being able to navigate through the Sway more freely. Does this mean you would like to navigate in different dimensions, or have an effect of zooming in and zooming out on different content? Are you interested in some of the effects here: www.sway.com/red_panda?

9. Remove Social Links and Sway Icon

I understand the need to market the product, but the ability to publish without the social links and the sway icon would be great.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Expert / Freestyle Mode

While the machine/auto design by Sway looks amazing, it would be awesome if we could get a freestyle/expert mode so we could manually place and layout certain slides ala traditional Powerpoint. The contents of that card would be locked and immune to the Remix. However, colour palettes, fonts etc works across to ensure consistency and cohesiveness. Thank you

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We plan to unlock more and more finer controls over time, but keep in mind that the Sway Philosophy is that no matter the device or screen size, Sway will look amazing. There are some types of layouts we wouldn’t want to allow a user to manually set because if someone viewed their Sway on a phone, it may be unintelligible or illegible. We hear you though about having an “expert” mode, and as we start to get more and more of the basic functionality in, we’ll start looking into enabling expert users with more knobs to turn. :)

11. Warn me that new styles may break my slideshows

I looked at my Sway on an iPad, changed the "mood", and several things "broke" like comparisons and slideshows. I would've at least liked a warning that it was going to do this. Also, I can't seem to go back to the default style, as I don't know what it was.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting… do you know which style broke your slideshow? (You can just let us know which row the style was in.) This is not expected behavior. Were you using the slideshow with a filmstrip at the bottom? Let us know in the comments so we can follow up with this.

12. 30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Were you imagining that once you scroll something (like a video or audio embed) off screen, things that are playing would fade out? Let us know in the comments!

13. Clean elegant themes

I want to use Sway with professional audiences. Background textures, wacky typefaces, and swooshy transitions get you ignored

Please provide additional clean & elegant theme/design options.
    I want my Sways to look like 85% Medium.com (excellent typography, focus on content, understated design), and 15% PowerPoint (emphasis on headings/sections, strong focus/full screen emphasis on certain elements).

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We appreciate the feedback! We have two “elegant” themes currently: the first row and the fourth row of the Design Pane (Click on Style). You can also further customize them by choosing your font combinations and color palettes, making the accent colors clean and more understated. Are you finding these variations to be too limiting and would simply like more? Are the colors/fonts not appropriate, even after customizing? Let us know in the comments!

14. The pinch gesture to zoom out to a "sway map"

Sway is awesome, but forces a linear presentation/consumption flow. What if the pinch gesture zoomed out to a "sway map" that was based on the section headings - this would allow non-linear navigation of the sway. If you wanted to get really cool, any links outside the sway would then map outside the "sway map" showing you the connections to other places. If a sway linked to a sway, you would end up with a view that showed this too - and a way to easily navigate through them all.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. XBox One and 360 App for sway

Kinda like onedrive app but lets you see the sways using kinect and or just using your controller

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Be able to have a background to "hold in place" for a determined number slide. And have video playing in the background is very cool.

I would like a background image to remain visible, say, in a very subdue washout color while text and graphic content can 'roll' over until another background image can be use for another section of rolling graphics. Oh and plz allow for fonts selection and manipulation to the fullest extend. Text is such an important component of any modern app, it should be a "feature."

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Try showcasing a picture as much as possible (“most”) then putting a text card after it. If your Sway is in the vertical structure (and for the majority of styles), you will get the effect you described. We’re working on making effects like this more discoverable, so your feedback is greatly appreciated! Additionally, if you break your each of your ideas into their own posts, it will help others vote for them. :)

17. Support for third party moods

There are so many talented graphic artists in the world that I would like to make sure that being able to access third party moods is part of the application platform.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Remix

"Remix"
    This function can display a list of models instead of skipping one at a time.
    We have the habit of comparing models and choose the best and the process of "back, forward" makes the person give up.
    It would be nice that the models could be classified into categories or, in sway start, one chooses a theme and the "remix me" shows the models according to this choose that saves time.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Have you tried manually changing the style or structure in the mood panel? Do you feel that this does not let you choose a theme for the Sway? Additionally, now that we have undo/redo supported, we hope that you find that using “Remix” with undo will allow you to cycle through many choices then go back to your favorite. :)

19. To have a link to an image editor available

link it to existing on the machine text editor including rich text editor so that editing can be done in some sense offline and then bring it in to Sway -- to size, crop, position images

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Do you want to do any other type of photo editing, or are you envisioning it solely to help with cropping and resizing? Let us know in the comments!

20. Sway Preferences

Sway Preferences

Now, i have read the "sway philosophy" blog: thanks , great!

One idea though keeps creeping: should there be a kind of dummy card or somewhere where i could specify some rules that i would want Remix to use?
    If you want, these would be my preferences, some indications to the automated way of Swaying.

This would keep the product "pure" and would at the same time save time, please users etc .
    It could be an advanced feature so only users with some experience of Swaying would use it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re glad you saw the Sway Philosophy blog post and enjoyed reading it!

Thanks for the suggestion. This type of request is definitely something we’re considering for the future as we make Sway more robust. Keep the feedback coming! :)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base