Sway Suggestion Box

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Center or left/right justify stack groups

I created a sway that scrolls horizontally. When I put some images into a stack group, the group was left justified. I think it would be nice to have the option to center a stack. To me, it would look better on my laptop but maybe it doesn't work as well on small devices.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remix only specific elements in the Sway

I'm really excited about the remix concept, but it would be great if you could select where you want to wonder around.
    Let me explain; if you could select what you want to alter, maybe just the font, or maybe the layout, or maybe the background color scheme, so you could "freeze" what you already like and keep trying new things where you are not completely sure, then you could quickly find something you like by trial and error... and you may end with something otherwise you wouldn't imagine.
    Personally, I try to make my presentations feel familiar in the…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option "Animations"

With this option, we can add animation to the start of Sway. For example, Sway is shown as a magic box (or package) and click on it (people like to open the packages :)) box opens and starts Sway presentation.

This would be fun, especially for children and older people who want to make a Sway.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Section layout options

Allow varied selectable layouts within each section. Currently, only an entire Sway layout and (future) varied photo group layouts seem possible. Allowing varied layouts within each section will increase the "personal" feel of Sways and avoid looking like "one of those templates".

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Automatic page size optimization

In most cases, page sliding does not show distinctly separated single slide. I agree that this feature can be a merit of sway. However, it produces too much redundancy in a slide, particularly cut edge or cut text on the right side when proceeding to the next page, finally depressing readability and clean web design.
    This feature hampers clear cut presentation as we can easily find in powerpoint sildeshow or turning a single page to next page in reading books.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The ability to choose between different levels of available layout customization

Sometimes I might want a down and dirty presentation, and would be happy with the preset Sway options. Sometimes I would want more control like font size, color & picture layout. A toggle between "Let Sway Create" and "More Control" menus might work.

But don't let me or any other user have complete control, otherwise you lose the simplicity and beauty of Sway.

One last thing ... "Remix Me"? Really?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Smart Layout and Features for Images

1. When I'm using Sway to create a presentation, it looks like all images are responsive based on devices. If Sway can create more options, like a thick box, or image box which can be resized by the user (in HTML, it is free to create a image box which size can be set in x% of the screen), in this case, I think I can create more pages just what I did in Word (or for advanced users, allow user to create the page with CSS?)

2. The current version of Sway is just like a website. If Sway can provide…
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Insert and/or crop YouTube video clip

I short video clip (shorter than 30 secs) will enhance any (Sway) presentation... check this feature from un upcoming service

Simple and great!, Find / crop / insert Youtube video http://www.powtoon.com/slides/ at 2:23...

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Sway Team responded

Thanks for the suggestion! Currently, you can search for YouTube videos in the Add Content pane to add them to your Sway. We don’t have cropping at this time though.

9. Kinect Support

specific gestures will make spectacular presentations.
    Especially combined with some other suggestions presented here.
    Create sway with Xbox one will be an additional vantage

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Interesting idea! Keep them coming. :) Do you foresee Kinect being able to help you author sways, or more specifically in the consumption experience by helping you interact with them? Let us know in the comments!

10. Group of pictures that will cycle endlessly

I had to make a GIF for that.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. ideal sway output

it would be awesome and amazing if sway could enable me to have same effects as this website.

http://www.asus.com/my/NotebooksUltrabooks/ASUSTransformerBookT100TA/overview/

thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That’s a pretty cool website, and we appreciate the suggestion! Interesting use of panorama and vertical structures together. And we’re fans of parallax scrolling over here. :)

12. Layout photos on various sides of a cube

Switch to different views of the same object (front, rear, from above etc.) to create a tridimensional effect.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Record a object transition

And also when inserting an object I want to be able to modify its position using the mouse and a record button which function like a position recorder of an object

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! What are you trying to do with this type of recording? Are you looking to enhance animations or to try and illustrate a point or a concept? If you share your specific scenario with us, it’ll help us better understand your request. Please let us know in the comments!

14. Accordion Tabs

Accordion 3-tabs that allow you to create content that you can highlight based on selections.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Navigating a Sway in new ways

the opportunity to move the presentation already either vertical, horizontal or in any way imaginable so it looks more cool and more impressive

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Just to clarify… are you saying that you want to use Remix, but limit which structure it will change your sway into? (Essentially, cycling through the different styles without varying the structure.)

17. Photo caption font should match text style

I added a caption to a photo, but it looks jarring and out of place because the text style is different than other blocks of text in my Sway.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 360cities.net link/embed support

Great source of cylindrical and spherical panoramas.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 7 8 9 11 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base