Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

I would like...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Import from Facebook page

Really need the ability to import pictures from my Facebook photography page.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add videos from my own YouTube channel

It woul be great to have an opportunity to add videos from my own youtube channel by drag and drop like photoes from OneDrive. So I suppose SWAY should have an option of attaching one's youtube channel to the account.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support code markups and related features

I'm a developer and current solutions for live coding or showing a demo involving source code do not necessarily fit my needs. A lot of my colleagues use PowerPoint to relay code snippets or documentation to other people, but it always felt like the wrong solution to the problem. I was hoping that sway could include several features for this - syntax highlighting, live coding support, clean style templates etc.

116 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Advanced image search options

Give options when searching for images to limit search such as image size, colour, time (same options as bing image search)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. An overall structure that allows a outline hierarchy

I think different audiences are going to have different interests in ideas, I would love the ability to summarize Sway's into the headlines so that clicking on a headline would allow for more detail to be displayed underneath and would leave it hidden if you chose to scroll down further. (I'm thinking of something similar to the excel grouping function basically, but the headline itself would be the little plus sign) Probably works better with a vertical presentation.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Have you seen the Pyrography Sway in the Sways We Love section of our homepage? https://sway.com/wood_burning . Its structure is still being developed, so it’s not available in authoring at this time. However, you can see it under the “Coming Soon” section when changing the Mood.

We know the navigation is a bit rough, but we’re wondering what you think of the concept. The basic principle was that someone could scan the upper level if they want an overview, but could dig into any particular step by scrolling vertically. Let us know in the comments if this captures some of your intent! Also let us know if you can think of any specific improvements to this structure. :)

6. Search articles or webpages within Sway

I would like to do a Bing search on topics (researching)
    Eg: I'm trying to write about "Daft Punk"
    With other products I would hit a new tab and read an article about them and then continue writing,

I want that experience in Sway. Where Not just pictures, but text and articles can be read and continued.

You have a fantastic web experience and this will make me not move away and help you retain people.
    Great job!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ribbon

Add ribbon to easier creating of Sway. It would be more intuitive.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Options like in Canva or Prezi

m not sure what the direction of this tool eventually will be. Right now it lacks everything that would make it useful for business presentations. I'm a PPT user since version 1 of PowerPoint and maybe too spoiled. But if you need ideas for useful functionality/features and ease of use, just look at Canva (canva.com) or Prezi (prezi.com). A lot of things being asked in this forum are available in these tools already and I'm convinced that these are just two of the tools you're competing with. But then again, you might have a total different idea where you want…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! As you have pointed out, a lot of key functionality is missing while we are in Preview. We value working closely with our users as we continue to build and develop Sway so we can incorporate this feedback, Which missing features do you think are the most important? Please let us know in the comments!

9. Entering text in the text card by dragging

If we want to create Sway with a lot of text, it is useful to logically divide complete text, make a doc file for each part, and put all the files in one folder. This simplifies review, changes and additions of text.

As well, with Ctrl+A/Copy/Paste, we can easily enter text in the text card.

But this can be even easier, and much more fun: in a way as we add images. We can place the doc files into Sway folder on OneDrive, and drag them to the text cards.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Google Drive integration

Allow us to search our Google Drive content

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Diagrams

Add the option to add simple diagrams (similar to SmartArt in Office) linked to themes with remix

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Additional Context Menu

I would really like to see a context menu at text editing and some other places additionally to the CardDeck-menu strip at the top

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to change the Header -- including adding external scripts

I'd like to be able to modify the <head> of the Sway. I'm thinking specifically about calling a script from a CDN, but there are other uses. There are unlimited uses for scripts, but what I'd use them for would be to provide a means of displaying math with the MathJax script.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Use tag to filter content

Using tags to easily filter contents from keywords would be useful, because it could allow users to search pictures (and text) about a specific subject.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add author and attribute information

When I create a Sway I can add a title, but I can't add an author name or other attribute details: email address, job title, company name, Twitter ID, URL, etc. Without this every Sway is anonymous... or I have to add my details in the same format as the rest of the text.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Preview videos before inserting into Sway

I Would like to be able to preview a video when creating a sway. Currently the only way to see the Video is to insert it and play it in the Sway to see if the video is what you desire OR to open another tab, search YouTube and pkay the video there.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Import Retains Basic Formatting

I am creating a catalog of images where each image needs a unique caption, as there are almost 200 images doing so by hand in Sway is very tedious. I automated the process of creating the captions in Word and then upload that document into Sway, which works very well.

The issue I have is that the first part of the caption needs to be bold, with the last part (the price) should not be. I can automate the formatting in Word as well but Sway does not recognize the formatting so I have to manually emphasize each image in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Xbox Showcase

Be able to drop videos from a user's Xbox showcase / game dvr

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sway library

A Sway library to store, find and (re)use Sway templates and earlier used Sway cards.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sort or filter content in OneDrive

Having > 1000 pictures in one onedrive folder, it's kinda impossible to find the ones I want to embed into a sway. So please add options as they are available in onedrive (list/thumbnails) and allow sorting by name, size, date (ascending & descending) and as in onedrive, allow storing the sort type. And maybe even add a filter for date, to limit display to a specific period.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now use the search bar to search the metadata of your OneDrive content to help find what you need! We’ll keep this idea open though to track actually creating filters like you describe. Thanks for the feedback!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base