Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create more dynamics content much like SmartArt in PowerPoint

For example: showing hierarchical data, flows, good/bad choices ...

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dng Support for Sway

Since I store all my pictures taken with my DSLR, it would be great if I could use those photos (DNG's).
    Right now Cr2's (Canon) are supported, but the Previews are really of poor quality.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sort images by picture quality when searching

Would like to be able to filter during a picture search in the same way Bing can i.e. large, medium, small. Even though the size is shown on the picture it would be preferable to filter out the small ones when I am looking for a large background that is a decent quality when viewed on a large screen

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow creating Sways from long powerpoint files

When trying to import a powerpoint slide, too often Sway informs us that it's too long.
    Please increase the limit of the import size.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Revoke collaborative Sway sharing link

Great job on the collaborative / multiple author Sway feature.
    When I create an edit link, I understand that authors don't appear until they sign in using the edit link.
    We can revoke all links to the Sway to make it private again.
    Can we have a feature to revoke just the edit link? This will leave the public link intact and the public can still view the Sway, while all shared editing ceases.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to import TimeToast timelines

i use the website timetoast to make timelines and i would like to be able to import one in to a sway

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Combine two text boxes

Combine two seperate text content boxes

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently, you can combine text cards by dragging and dropping one into the other. However, this only works if there are line breaks between text in the main card. We are tracking this issue as a bug and will update this post when it has been addressed. Thanks for reporting this to us! :)

8. Animations

Adding a subset of PowerPoints animations will help engage those reading our Sways. eg Pan+Zoom, header scroll, fade in / out etc.
    Obviously there's a fine line between ease of creation and fully customizable options, keeping the animation selection to a minimum would b prudent.

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Collage Creator

As I was getting more familiar with Sway, the product does a great job of pulling in a variety of sources but does not give enough options for editing the images once imported. There are several popular online collage makers out there. Essentially to make my Sway really pop, I have to use either one of those online tools or create my own collage offline then import it into Sway.

Cut the other guys out and you will have a winner.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Recreate traditional games

There should be a way to make Sway really cool with some templates of games, they can be for creative purposes and projects fro school.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The ability to import from OneDrive or other services

I would like the ability to import files from OneDrive and other services like Dropbox rather than just being able to import files into sway locally. I feel this would give much more of an option for users. I am really enjoying using Sway at the moment it is a very good idea.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! When creating a Sway, did you try clicking on the “Media” button after clicking on the black diamond with the plus sign? OneDrive is currently a supported source for importing images. Dropbox is on our radar.

12. Set base Font and Colour, Sway to do the rest

Basically we're looking at the possibility to use a sway professionally when we need to quickly communicate an idea/concept/development to clients. Normally we might send an email, usually not enough time to produce a ppt, but a Sway could be perfect to help us communicate more efficiently.

However, we need to be able to brand it a bit so we'd like the ability to set one font and select one highlight colour (the font we always use for headers, and our "corporate colour"). After that Sway can do whatever it wants matching fonts and colours to our selected ones.

I…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for explaining your scenario to us. Have you tried uploading your logo as an image in your Sway, then picking the color palette based on that image? If not, try going to the “Mood” pane then selecting “Color.” You can choose whatever image you want, but try one with your logo and branding colors. Does this meet your needs? Let us know why or why not in the comments!

Currently we don’t have any direct font customization, but we appreciate your feedback!

13. Direct connection with programs like mind mapping

It would be very easy if there was a direct connection with OneNote since it is used to gather website information very quickly. Also, a connection with content from other programs like mind mapping could be very interesting.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestions! In order to better capture votes so we can monitor feature requests, we would ask you to break apart your request into two separate requests. For now, we’re editing your request to be solely for mind mapping since a request for OneNote integration has already been submitted. Use some of your votes to vote for the OneNote feature request, and let us know more about why you want it in the comments! :)

14. HTML

I would like to make my sway as Langding page
    There for I need to embed HTML

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Import from Facebook page

Really need the ability to import pictures from my Facebook photography page.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add videos from my own YouTube channel

It woul be great to have an opportunity to add videos from my own youtube channel by drag and drop like photoes from OneDrive. So I suppose SWAY should have an option of attaching one's youtube channel to the account.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Advanced image search options

Give options when searching for images to limit search such as image size, colour, time (same options as bing image search)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Search articles or webpages within Sway

I would like to do a Bing search on topics (researching)
    Eg: I'm trying to write about "Daft Punk"
    With other products I would hit a new tab and read an article about them and then continue writing,

I want that experience in Sway. Where Not just pictures, but text and articles can be read and continued.

You have a fantastic web experience and this will make me not move away and help you retain people.
    Great job!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ribbon

Add ribbon to easier creating of Sway. It would be more intuitive.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Entering text in the text card by dragging

If we want to create Sway with a lot of text, it is useful to logically divide complete text, make a doc file for each part, and put all the files in one folder. This simplifies review, changes and additions of text.

As well, with Ctrl+A/Copy/Paste, we can easily enter text in the text card.

But this can be even easier, and much more fun: in a way as we add images. We can place the doc files into Sway folder on OneDrive, and drag them to the text cards.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base