Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

I would like...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. To add text as the body after the header

I would like to add bullet points under a heading in Sway, like a body. I would like to have this feature added...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have a comment box for a Sway blog

Have a comment box for people to comment on when posting a blog using sway

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Embed Bookings into a Sway

Please allow Bookings pages to be embedded into Sway.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. sway activity

should be available for downloard in compultador and be ultizado in various activities, therefore, this application is a recognition in work and other activities, and is more updated resource that the Power Point ... it would be great if this application was available in downloard! !!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Addin images from SharePoint to Sway

I would like to add content (for example images) from SharePoint to Sway

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Crop/edit photos in addition to specifying focus points

Cropping isn't just about picking what shows up in the Sway stream, it's also about eliminating/censoring parts of the picture so they can't be seen even when you drill in to the photo. When picking photos from one of my online accounts, it's super bandwidth intensive and time consuming to download a 1-5MB photo, open it in MSPaint etc, crop it, re-save it with a different filename, and upload it. Focus points are great, but they solve a different problem than cropping.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Spellcheck

It would be great if we can enable spell checking when creating pages.

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Give Sway Title without Entering Into Title Box

We have designed a masthead for our Sway newsletter. We don't want a title over it, but still want to give the Sway a title.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Use Flow to create a daily Sway

Leverage the new Flow app to auto generate a daily Sway. I'm thinking of a Feedof5 where I curate content from my top 5 influencers, newly published content.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Linking within my Sway

I want to be able to use links to navigate within my Sway. Basically, the feature in Word that lets you choose to navigate to a place within your document.

1,579 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    85 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add audio narration to a sway picture

add voice narration to images and/or sway documents like word excel ppt, for example want to comment on an image to explain to students/viewers more details about it

174 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We are pleased to announce that we now allow you to add audio with an audio card. This is the first step towards allowing narration and linking it with a picture. If you’d like to see any additional audio features, please open new suggestions to help us prioritize our future improvements in this space. :)

12. Embedding (public) Facebook posts

I'm preparing a Sway about the use of Social Media and it would be very nice to be able to embed public Facebook posts (e.g. from FB pages) similar to the ability to embed Tweets.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Search 'my' Flickr photos

It's great that I can search Flickr for images, however unless I've tagged my images as CC I can't find them. If I could log in to Flickr and have my images and albums right there in the images pane then I could get my images straight into my sways without having to download them and then re-upload them.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you’re signed in using your personal Microsoft account (and not an organization Office 365 account), you should see a button that says “Connect to view your Flikr content.” By connecting this account, you’ll be able to see your images.

14. Better content management

At the moment writing text offers very basic functionalities. I would like to have more options to enter text like possibility to change character style (italic, underline, linethrough, double-line).

Better handling of images in the flow with the possibility to have text adapt around the image and have images positioned in different ways with respect to the text flow. This should be applied to any media actually: twitter posts, videos etc.

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Text formatting neceseary for scientific or mathematical equations

I'm writing a scientific description of metabolic processes, and I'd like to be able to have superscripts and scientific characters (alpha, beta, gamma), multiplication via "dot" symbol etc. For example, I'd like to write -57 kJ * mol-1 and have that formatted automatically by Sway. I suspect that there will be some folks who will want to use Sway to present technical information, and this would be super helpful. Additionally, I'd like to just type things vs. having to use UI to generate the symbols that I want. So for example, I'd like to type delta G prime = -57…

255 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    26 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Timeline Layout

I want to be able to add a layout to my Sway that allows me to create Dates and Text/Media then scroll through it like a timeline.

309 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considering  ·  6 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sway API

It would be great if Sway offered an API.

I would LOVE to have tools to make templates or styles and give them out or at least edit my own sways in an advanced mode.

261 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    32 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Replace image command

When adding images to cards it would be nice to have a replace image command. That way when you want to try a different image in your sway design, you don't have to always delete the image and then start a new card and add new media

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! For the time being, we kind of have this feature for header and title cards. Just drag a new image over the card and it will pop the old picture out into a separate image card and add the new image to the header/title. We’ll continue gathering feedback to see if we should expand this capability like you suggest. :)

19. Refresh imported file (word, pdf, ...)

The Import feature is fantastic, ie convert a dull Word document into a live Sway.

However, quite often, the Word document remains the source and when it is updated i need to create a new Sway.

Would love to be able to "refresh" input file so that the Sway remains, with its links to others and i don't need to keep deleting the old one when Importing the updated Word content into a new Sway as today.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Track changes by different authors in Sway

I would like to be able to figure out what changes have been made by others before finalizing the sway.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base