Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improved Cut, Copy, and Paste

Need robust paste from most common apps, e.g. when I paste from Office apps, I loose all formatting.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considering  ·  4 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Drag and Drop Pics from PowerPoint

PrintScreen images I paste into PowerPoint for cropping and enhancing must then be saved, then browsed to before dragging into Sway. I'd like to drag them directly from PowerPoint without saving them as a photo. Also, when dragging from a folder of pics, it indicates "move" rather than "copy" which is misleading. This last item is similar to what occurs using squarespace.com which has the same issue. I think Sway has great potential.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a background video

Not just photos/images as background... videos in order to personalize my sway and make it more dynamic!

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. No limit to the number of images or pictures

I was thinking of having a sway for each year with sections in each for the different months. Each section then will have my personal photos and videos and comments for that month as part of my memories collection. I had created one with the photos from my one drive. However, there seems to be a limit in the number of images one can have in a sway. Is it possible not to have this limitation?

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As we continue to improve our performance, we will work on raising the limit of images you can have in your Sway.

Has anyone else reached the maximum image limit? If so, let us know in the comments what you were trying to use Sway to make and why you needed that many pictures.

6. Sway folder

When we make Sway, we can make the job easier by previously put in the same folder all the images and texts necessary for making new Sway.

For example, we can make a folder called "Sway" in OneDrive, and there put all the images and texts for our new Sway.

But it would be better if you add in OneDrive "Sway" default folder, and add option (on right-click) "send to Sway folder", to easily transfer images and text from other OneDrve folders in the folder Sway.

In Sway you can add the option "Sway folder" next to the "Media" and…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Flexibility for texts and images

My experience was using the horizontal structure. At first I was missing the ability to break a line on title or heading, like hitting enter, or [key]+enter. (by the way subheadings would be really nice too!)
    When I insert text, and there's a remaining space below, I wish I could adjust images to fit in that column.
    Image captions currently break my layouts, so that would be nice if there was options to set caption inside (top/bottom), outside. For the most detail-oriented, nested blocks (like a full text block inside an image) would work like a charm.
    When you increase…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate the detailed suggestions. It would be helpful for other users if you submitted each of your suggestions as separate ideas so others can vote on them. Additionally, if others have the same ideas as you, you can vote for their ideas already on this forum! Keep that feedback coming. :)

8. Instagram in Media pane

There's OneDrive, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube for sources in the media pane. I would also really like to be able to add pictures from Instagram! Maybe my own instagram account as well as being able to search for what people are hashtagging there.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Google Drive integration

Allow us to search our Google Drive content

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. An overall structure that allows a outline hierarchy

I think different audiences are going to have different interests in ideas, I would love the ability to summarize Sway's into the headlines so that clicking on a headline would allow for more detail to be displayed underneath and would leave it hidden if you chose to scroll down further. (I'm thinking of something similar to the excel grouping function basically, but the headline itself would be the little plus sign) Probably works better with a vertical presentation.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Have you seen the Pyrography Sway in the Sways We Love section of our homepage? https://sway.com/wood_burning . Its structure is still being developed, so it’s not available in authoring at this time. However, you can see it under the “Coming Soon” section when changing the Mood.

We know the navigation is a bit rough, but we’re wondering what you think of the concept. The basic principle was that someone could scan the upper level if they want an overview, but could dig into any particular step by scrolling vertically. Let us know in the comments if this captures some of your intent! Also let us know if you can think of any specific improvements to this structure. :)

11. Adjust space between items on storyline

I'd like to be able to adjust the space between the different items on my storyline

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Why do you want to adjust the space between different items? Did you think it was too spread out or too close together? Which items weren’t properly spaced? Was it for aesthetic reasons or for something else? Let us know in the comments!

12. Ability to add text on top of a video/pictures

I would love to see the ability to add text on top of a video or picture when creating a vertical page.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! Out of curiosity, have you added photos to your headers or title cards? Is this the type of effect you are requesting? Or are you hoping to get more of a subtitle or caption, but overlaid on the picture or the video. Let us know in the comments!

13. Add author and attribute information

When I create a Sway I can add a title, but I can't add an author name or other attribute details: email address, job title, company name, Twitter ID, URL, etc. Without this every Sway is anonymous... or I have to add my details in the same format as the rest of the text.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Options like in Canva or Prezi

m not sure what the direction of this tool eventually will be. Right now it lacks everything that would make it useful for business presentations. I'm a PPT user since version 1 of PowerPoint and maybe too spoiled. But if you need ideas for useful functionality/features and ease of use, just look at Canva (canva.com) or Prezi (prezi.com). A lot of things being asked in this forum are available in these tools already and I'm convinced that these are just two of the tools you're competing with. But then again, you might have a total different idea where you want…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! As you have pointed out, a lot of key functionality is missing while we are in Preview. We value working closely with our users as we continue to build and develop Sway so we can incorporate this feedback, Which missing features do you think are the most important? Please let us know in the comments!

15. Web Pages

I would like to reference a full web page. Is that Possible?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Select all / deselect all button in Add Content Pane

I wanted to test how clever Sway is when you put bunch of photos so I picked one of my trips folder in OneDrive and have found out that I need to manually select all photos one by one.

It would be great to have a button for selecting all files in current folder.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! In the meantime, here’s something that might help: with a keyboard, you can use shift+select to select the last item in a folder after selecting the first to quickly select all items. After you’ve made some selections, a “clear selection” option is available.

17. Add a web site screenshot that links to the website

I'd like to be able to easily add a visual link to be able to visit a website - either a screenshot of the site itself, or a live version of the website embedded into the Sway - kind of like you can do with a YouTube video only visiting a website instead.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to change the Header -- including adding external scripts

I'd like to be able to modify the <head> of the Sway. I'm thinking specifically about calling a script from a CDN, but there are other uses. There are unlimited uses for scripts, but what I'd use them for would be to provide a means of displaying math with the MathJax script.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 500px in Add Content pane

It will be great if you could integrate services like 500px.com and Flickr.om it is a great oppt to get all the photographers to create on Sway

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Share to Sway

The possibility to share to Sway from as many other apps as possible. I would expect at least all Microsoft programs being able to share to Sway.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base