Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sway in a Sway slow to load

I have created a Sway in a sway however when scrolling through the Sway when we get to the point of the embedded Sway showing it takes some time to load. I would expect this to be a smooth transition without having a delay which reduces the impact of the message in the presentation. Surely the embedded sway would be aware that it is included and be visible at the same time as the rest of the Sway content.

It also did not work well with my autoplay setting as I had to reduce this to allow for the Sway…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sway text bug

I am giving up on Sway due to a problem with text formatting on photo labels and text boxes. For the past couple days my text is entered from the right and scrolls to the left. It ends up looking like the attached sample. I suspect there's a bug in the coding. I am guessing you have given up on Sway. You are wasting my time. I must now redo the project with Adobe Spark Page.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Numbered items should carry from card to card

The text editor on a card is kludgy, buggy, and weird if you add bullets, so it's easier to put one bulleted entry per card if you want to created a bulleted list.

This trick doesn't work as well with numbered lists. Each new card starts its list at one. If there are multiple numbered card entries in a row, the numbers should carry on from the previous.

Alternatively, you could fix the text editor for cards so that it handles bullets correctly.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. clunky

Microsoft really needs to go back to the drawing board on Sway. While I love its potential, my students are asking to use Adobe Spark instead. Their reasoning is that Sway is clunky and unintuitive. Spark is very fluid and simple to use. As I have stated in other product posts, Microsoft needs to move away from a legacy backend, like SharePoint. My 20 somethings say they love the potential of the Microsoft product line, but they choose tools like Evernote, Spark, Trello, and G-Suite because they are super fast and fluid to use.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sway - automated creation from a database

Our business Brisbane Catholic Education is currently looking at creating a completely digital onboarding (new hire or internal transfers) experience. As a part of this process we were envisioning individual schools to have a brief unique video or Sway (default design/style) that provides a basic introduction and background to new employees. Due to currency being a factor when creating digital presentations we were hoping to automate the updating of this Sway based on a database (API).

It would be great if Sway had the ability to create an automated Sway based on data pulled from an API - (series of…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Facebook

Start and populate a sway based on a Facebook.page

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Drag - replace image

Most of the time, I am designing images and then bring them into SWAY. The current UI is - delete image, add image, click on new image, reformat focus of image - this requires a lot of repetitive clicking.
    Is it possible to simply drag a new image onto of the existing image ( replace image YES / NO) and have the new image inherent all of the previous conditions?

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please update your tutorials

I teach SWAY to high school students. I showed them a tutorial today from your website to find out the canvas looks nothing like that anymore. Please update your tutorials with your new releases.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. add backround music to my Sway

I need to add backround music to my Sway.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Support for Google My Maps

Can you please add support for Google's My Maps embedding.
    You support normal Google Maps, but I have created my own maps, and I want to present them with Sway.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Embed from Lynda

Microsoft owns Lynda. Please allow videos from Lynda to be embedded in Sway!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Restore Multiple Accounts

In past builds we could sign in to personal and business accounts to create our Sways. As a heavy user, I was dismayed when this was over-simplified and I have to completely sign out and re-sign in to switch accounts.

Also, I'm often signed out of my work account automatically by the app.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. to create a Sway from a OneNote page

It would be helpful to be able to create a Sway from information on a OneNote page.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. start a document from online onedrive for business

Allow users to grab files from ONLINE OneDrive for Business when clicking on "Start from a document". Otherwise, students have to download the file from their OD4B then browse for that file to use it to create a Sway. Also helpful when on a shared machine.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have fewer limits by linking to OneDrive

There is currently a limit placed on the number of headings, photos, imports etc on Sway. This is a major problem. Could this be reduced or entirely removed if Sways could be saved to OneDrive instead of just on Sway website, allowing the size limit to be that of the users storage. This would provide a lot more freedom.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Edit on mobile chrome

I would like to edit on mobile because I want to go edit my sway and I can't because of chrome so pls, I need sway on the go but also it would be nice to have a app that can also run offline things

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I suggest...

I suggest that the videos can be displayed in play at the same time, they do not work me one by one.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. a universal audio option.

I want to be able to include sound for a Sway presentation. I want to be able to have the sound play for as long as the audio/music file is. And that independent of how many cards I insert to the Sway. One or more should not matter. But to be able to add sound to a card is important. Also to be able to schedule intros or outtros, fadings, duration.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Intrusive software update UX

When editing a Sway, a notification often appears that the Sway software has been updated and that it is necessary to refresh the browser. This is intrusive because it's impossible to proceed without refreshing, but refreshing takes me to the first card in the Sway and sometimes loses a few seconds' worth of work. The nuisance factor is building up as it happens so frequently. I don't encounter this problem with other major webapps, and it would significantly improve the UX for me if this distraction could be fixed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add video resources from the repositories used by our Library, namely: Kanopy, ClickView and Alexander Street Video

I would like to be able to embed video resources from commonly used Library video repositories such as Kanopy, ClickView and Alexander Street Video ... without the ability to do this, there will be a limit to Sway take-up by teachers (and from there, students). I think that Sway is indeed a very useful tool for both teachers and students, but without this flexibility in this setting (Tertiary organisation) fewer will be able to use it to link together open web resources, with the material students will need to access via the Library.

The cherry on the cake would be…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base