Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a mobile app

Hello! I really love Sway, but I also wish I could have a mobile app. Have not you thought about it? It would be great!!!!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sway to play directly into ONENOTE without a link. The look of sway right in a ONENOTE page. Students do not like links.

Open a sway file right in ONENOTE. A fully functional sway presentation in ONENOTE. Students do not like to follow links. presenting content in a effective way with sway and students can take notes in ONENOTE. Using one program seamlessly with another.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. integrate a local anchor

Add an local anchor to swap somes pages who we don't want to read. for exemple like in the office word's summary. Click on the link and it bring you to the page that you want

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Html to Sway

Html to Sway

I am planning an app that produces (W3C conform) html pages (travel reports).
    Users should be able to publish html pages to Sway. Would be great!

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. h5p.org and Padlet.com

Hello!
    I work as a teacher, and would like to be able to embed more HTML5 content for interaction into my sways. Consider adding support for h5p.org, they offer a lot possibilities for interactive content. Padlet is another useful tool we often use in the classroom. Please consider enabling these features, would help many teachers and pupils!

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Deploy company templates

We'd like to be able to have a custom Sway template available for our Office 365 users to use to make Sway presentations.

101 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sway would have great potential as a digital signage system

I think Sway could have the building blocks for a great digital signage system. If Microsoft could release a "Enterprise" product where digital signage content could be created, and then be able to distribute them to TV's using a Windows 10 IoT device, that would be amazing. Storage of content could be either OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint or on premise server. Would need to separate the management of the connected Windows 10 IoT devices (IT department) from the content creators (your Communication department), then you got a great corporate digital sinage system.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. the option for a QR code next to the link when sharing.

Like in Forms, create a QR code for sharing the Sway easier.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Full Customization

Alright Mr. Sway-Decision-Maker, it's time for a reality check.

Customization is NEVER a bad idea. Sway seems like I'm being shoehorned into making a crap presentation with a great program. The program shows promise, however I won't be using it in the future unless full customization is implemented. From the other posts I've read, either nobody working on Sway has any idea how to implement that customization (which I don't believe), or they've got their head so far up their assess that they forgot how to let people innovate within a program. I'm currently just trying to add a frame…

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your frustration. Sway is a new productivity tool striving to reinvent the way people work, and since Sway is still a fledgling product, there are things we’re still working on. That said, we typically follow this model: first, and foremost, we want design decisions to be automatic so that our customer isn’t obligated to spend copious amounts of time on fine grain details (for example, Sway will automatically crop your image). We came up with this automatic system by working with professional designers to try and find something that is broadly appealing. However, we know it doesn’t fit everyone, so we offer a set of overrides to help users tweak their Sway (in this same example, this would be the feature Focus Points). Finally, we want to allow customization of those overrides (in this same analogy, this would be the ability to manually crop the…

10. a Translation feature - very interested to use Sway for a school newsletter. i.e. English to Spanish, etc.

Word on Office 365 has this feature, and I would like for Sway to have this feature. Does this exist currently? Is this a possibility?

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add screencasting tools to SWAY so I can make my own educational videos from my computer

Please include screencasting tools to sway. Small businesses will not always have dedicated video makers or graphic artists to make educational videos and upload to sway before making a newsletter for example..I should be able to record and demonstrate while my webcam captures me and the educational video uploaded into SWAY...(see screencast-o-matic.com).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Working Title

I Use sway to send to customer after visit with main goal to show customer example of workflows. I would like to duplicate a Sway, make some modifications and send a tailor made version to the customer. Because each Sway has the same Heading it is not even slightly possible to manage Sways (with the same name).

I Would like to be able to add a 'working title'. This title should only be visible to moderator - so not to customer! - I then can give the Sway a for me meaningfull name.
    Also It would be great to be…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Digital Inking

I love Digital Inking and would like Sway to support it for quick drawing, graph, math and why not able to write on the go.

Also support for different colors of pen ink.

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Data Tables

Sway absolutely needs the ability to include data tables of some sort. Similar to Word or PPT.

There is basically no way to present numeric data in Sway right now which makes it mostly useless as a business presentation tool.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Merge

Can you introduce feature to merge two sways.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Display data and enter forms from SharePoint on-premise (or 365) lists e.g., blogs, surveys

Please have Sway allow us to display data and enter forms from SharePoint on-premise (or 365) lists e.g., blogs, surveys

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A Sway web design app

I would use Sway if it's output could be imported into website designs, or if it could be used to create them directly. The way it's designed is exactly the kind of web page design app I would go for.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Embed gist

Allow for embeding gist (gist.github.com) into sway

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like to see more personalisation.

I love the themes which are in place. However, I think that it would be nice if we could decide the colour of the fonts and headings used in the customise section with a colour picker like you do in other office applications. I would also like to see improvements to background images, so instead of using the defaults you could also choose to import your own images. This would make the experience much more personal. I always find that the themes which exist are missing the combinations of colours that I would like.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sway Integrated Into SharePoint Publishing for Curation

Integration features into SharePoint Publishing to allow content curation of SharePoint content utilizing Content Search. SharePoint currently allows you to publishing pages, but not curate content. It would be nice if you have a portal hosted in SharePoint to use Sway features to use Content Search to discover content within your portal to use in creating a narrative.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base