Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mind mapping

Allow Sways to have multiple paths - basically "mind mapping". An example would be a company org chart, starting with Acme Widgets Co, where you can click on any department, and leads you to that branch. (Could show personnel, finances, other metrics, etc)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Name and Lines

Great new product MSN!

Helpful additional features for the future might be an option to enter lines between tekst, pictures etc. Now I make them in Photoshop and enter them as picture.

Secondly it might be better to be able to rename the Sway and not only leave the text on the first Title as name of the file.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow presentation to 'sway' based on audience or customer

For those using sway in a sales or other type situation you often have a standard set of introduction slides. After this depending on some criteria you customize the presentation based on ...their industry, their answer to a key question etc. Having the ability to create one presentation with several possible endings would be fantastic in so many settings and would help the problem of keeping 3 or more presentations ready depending on the customer or audience.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sway as a real interactive (nonlinear) storytelling tool

Since Sway is promoted as storytelling and presentation tool, you should add more features specialized in interactive, dynamic and nonlinear storytelling. So you could create interactive novels, tutorials or things like "textadventure games", where you have choices, different story branches and conditional statements.

To get an idea, what I mean, you can take a look at the tool "inklewriter" (http://www.inklestudios.com/inklewriter/)

It would be really awesome, if the features of "inklewriter" would be available in Sway also.
    Sway is currently really cool, but it has actually no features for nonlinear storytelling.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Integrate it with Microsoft Powerpoint

I tried making a sway (or whatever you call to the product of this software) and found that it is an easy way of organizing your thoughts when doing a presentation.

Instead of putting your ideas in "Outline" in Microsoft PowerPoint, I think organizing it this way (I mean the sway way XD) makes it more easier and adorable.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! How do you imagine Sway integrating with PowerPoint? Do you want to be able to convert one to the other? What functionality would you expect to see in Sway or in PowerPoint if they were integrated? Let us know in the comments! :)

6. Links to Windows Explorer

Allow Sway to link to Windows Explorer file paths.
    Make sway the go-to app for online tutorials by allowing us to link file paths on Windows such as C:\Program Files or C:\Users\Downloads

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Embed gist

Allow for embeding gist (gist.github.com) into sway

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. integrating Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Fireworks and other Adobe programs

Microsoft should think of maybe in the future integrating Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator as well as other designer softwares such as Rhino and Sketchup.... Or maybe Microsoft can create another software similar to photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and integrate it into Sway... it will make Sway look absolutely professional and extremely convenient for people who are proficient at design and it will also draw newer people who already use Microsoft into the new design softwares (which is connected to Sway), if you you do go ahead with this in the future, please send me an email, i will be more than happy…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sections and Pages

Add Sections (tabs) and Pages like OneNote. This would be a great product to use for a project journal.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Tagging Sways to help organize them

Add tagging and viewing of Sways to work similarly as Microsoft Photo Gallery and OneDrive uses. The benefit would be that it's a familiar and current concept and that grouping and sorting of Sways would be possible. Currently, we only have a least-recently-modified view. As the number of Sways increases, we'll have to find them, manage them, or version them. Do this before a third party starts doing it. (Auto tagging in OneDrive fashion would help too.)

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Don't become overly complicated or add too many features

With PowerPoint misuse embedded into the countless presentations I have ever seen (and created myself), please don't allow the suggestions brought to the table daily to sway you away from what sway is; a simple to use, visually amazing and incredibly powerful delivery resource. If you make it too complicated and add too many features, variations and customisation people will just fall back into creating dull and uninteresting resources. The absolute focus should be about customisation around designs (for use in remix) and that's all.
    https://sway.com/uask-w26Z6lRnMGN
    Still under construction...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Browser add-ins (similar to those available for Pinterest and Facebook)

Browser add-ins (similar to those available for Pinterest and Facebook) that allow you to add content directly from the web. This is especially important since the sources available within the application for inserting content are curated.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add more hyper-text editing functions

Onenote gives us an easier way to take notes, organize information, but its hypertext-editing function is not so good. At the same time, Word is a WYSIWYG software and it cannot edit hypertext either.

I hope Sway focus on hypertext-editing function so as to organize all kinds of information more conveniently and effectively.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Standard Business Reporting - Enterprise

I would like additional content sources for #Sway to include Standard Business Reporting. Information is defined once in the SBR AU (Definitional) Taxonomy and re-used many times across reports. These data elements can be used in a variety of ways to review and report business and financial information.

Please review www.sbr.gov.au

The taxonomy is designed from an information classification perspective and would be enhanced with additional sources such as dashboards, sound clouds and linked to Business Intelligence capability in Azure.

I would like to discuss sway on a confidential basis through @skypebusiness.

Thx for your consideration of these matters.

Kind…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sway for Business Sales presentations

I'd like to use Sway as a tool for our Sales people to create personalized customer presentations.
    What I'd need would be for Sway to stay within our O365 tenant (not public), to be configured to look at specific publishing libraries for master presentation slides (stored as images maybe?), disclaimers etc.
    After that it would be nice to be able to have an offline format (through OneNote maybe?) and share it selectively with customers.
    SharePoint used to have a Slide Library that we used in a similar way. I think Sway could be the killer app for Sales!

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for all the suggestions! Some of them (like enterprise compliance) have already been suggested by other users, so make sure you go vote for their ideas. Can you elaborate more on what publishing libraries for master presentation slides Sway should be configured to? What disclaimers you would need? Let us know in the comments!

17. interactive Data

For example, creating interactive mathematic graphics with excel or other data. So the users could click on the graphic and see what happen on the graph.

It could be nice to create a timeline option to click on and see what happen.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sway and search engines

Hi Sway Team,
    i was trying with using Sway for a presentation of my "little" company. Ater trying - i left it as a little "WebSite". Take a look at http://www.yabez.de
    The interesting thing was, that Google immediatly took my Sway in the Search Results (Search for "yabez"), Bing did not (for now).
    So here is my Idea: Could you implement a few functions for optimization in point of search-engines?
    - robots.txt stands in the moment not on "follow, ..."
    - indexing
    - Tags and description

Kind regards,

Matthias

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Quick mode and Advanced mode

So that would keep it quick and easy as you obviously want.
    But then you could have sensible layout features for those that want more control, and there's so much more control I'd like.....

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Kindle Fire app

Please make an app for the Kindle Fire!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base