Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Immersive Reader for Sway

The Immersive Reader found in Word and OneNote and other places is amazing. Please bring the immersive reader to Sway. As a presentation and teaching tool, this would substantially improve the accessibility of Sway content. The translation and dynamic visual formatting features would be most valuable.

550 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    15 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. embed a sway in Teams channels

I'd love to be able to embed a sway in a teams channel. So that it functions - not as a link.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Embed sways directly into email

Embed sways directly into email rather than having to send recipient to another page via embed code/link

178 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Image links to work in mobile view

We have a grid view with some images with links. This works well on a desktop view, but in the mobile view the images shrink and the links disappear and no longer work. It would be great to still be able to have that functionality in the mobile view. Perhaps the way to do that would be to add an extra type of card that does not expand the images when users click on them, but instead takes you to the image link. Thank you.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. embed h5p

Hi,
    Could we please enable embedding H5P.com content on Sway please? We use Sway for education and we need to be able to embed H5P's interactive content on Sway.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Enable Export Sway to Microsoft Stream

Give me a reason to not export the PPT to Stream. Stream channels are used at my organization to centralize content. I have to record my screen pressing "play" to get what you offer with PPT export to Stream. Enable me instead to directly export my Sway to Stream, with or without 1. animations and 2. choosing the display speed (ie more time for slides w/more content). Ensure display of 3 options in Sway (horizontal, vertical etc) is optimized for non-theater mode of Stream.
    Thanks! Please vote for this!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Share Sway with an Outlook Contact List

Within my organization (a university) I have created personal contact lists. I want to share a Sway newsletter with that personal contact list. It seems, however, that I can only share the Sway with university-wide lists and not my own personal one. How can I make this work?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. *.Padlet.ORG whitelist request for University

Here at the Queensland University of Technology in Australia, we use the Padlet tool in our Learning and Teaching tool mix.

In the last year, Padlet.com changed their business model from allowing multiple free 'Padlets' to only 3, resulting in schools and universities such as ourselves needing to procure "Institutional" licenses for Padlet - this was no problem, and also allowed us to have a custom subdomain in the *.padlet.ORG space.

Free-account Padlets (Padlet.COM) embed with no issues in Microsoft Sway. *.Padlet.ORG, however, DO NOT EMBED.

error:

"Sorry, we do not currently support this site. Please look at the more…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Reaction options for Sway articles

Add reaction options for Sway articles. Could be: Like, love, wow, hate.... or as simple as like and dislike

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. verbal commenting

I would love to have viewers add verbal comments in sway

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. See how many shares

We need deeper analytics. How many newsletter shares were there? Also, what are the traffic sources for the views? It's hard to tailor future content when we dont have an idea of where the audience comes from. In my organization, we post the newsletter on multiple channels as well as embedding them in emails. However, we have no idea who our readers are. More analytics!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. A different mechanism for access settings

Currently Sway external sharing configuration uses the tenant's SharePoint setting. This means we would have to allow anonymous sharing of our intranet. :(

We'd love to use Sway for digital proposals for perspective clients but can't because of this limitation.
    Forms doesn't have the same issue. it would be great if access settings for Sway were independent of SP so we could actually use Sway for external clients.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. allow section links for a table of contents or a link to a specific section

We love using Sway for newsletters and more. But here's a suggestion for you, @sway. Allow us to make a link to a section. Then we could refer readers to a specific article. It would be possible to do a clickable TOC, too!

387 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Customize the URL on sway just slightly.

Customize the URL on sway just slightly. Just enough to make it a little more personal.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. nearpod embed codes

Please add the ability to embed Nearpod lessons. Nearpod provides the iframe embed code, but Sway does not support it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Create a Sway app for Microsoft Teams

We have teams that use a variety of Microsoft O365 apps for a single project. For instance, we have a Sway that people can read through to get information on a training course, and a Planner where folks can looks for issues with that material or make suggestions for updating that material in the future. We have started to use Microsoft Teams and we would like to move to using Teams as the go-to collaborative environment for certain projects. In order to make that work, we would need a Sway App that can be installed within Microsoft Teams so a…

488 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. direct link to table of content

Is there any way to open a Sway directly with the table of Contents? Maybe some Parameter in the URL would be sufficient. The ToC view is a great start for our Readers and should be somehow accessible directly by either modifying the url parameter or setting it as default view in Sway.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Autoplay for multiple shorter videos without having to click on each to start (not YouTube)

Auto play shorter videos and audio that I create without having to click play on each card. Not YouTube, just my own short videos and audio clips in Sway. Should play as one seamless slide show without having to stop and click over and over.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base