Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. People to be able to edit SWAY on cellphone even if the did not create it

Currently if I create a SWAY for my students and give them editing rights, currently they cannot edit on their cell phones. Often the task is take photos, done on their cellphone, but then they have to get photos onto laptop and edit on their. It would be great if they could edit on their cellphone!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A Layout that STAYS

Have the Layout I select to STAY! It keeps reverting back to the scrolling Sway. I don't WANT a scrolling Sway I want the viewers to click the bottom right arrows :(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Your Sway should not change its layout unless you change it explicitly, so this may be a bug. Can you please explain to us what actions you took right before realizing that the layout had changed so we can investigate further? (You can reply directly to the email generated by my response.) Thanks!

3. Sharing linked direct to player

I'd like the ability to send a link to somebody that just goes directly into the player and potentially make that public.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Import More File Types

Would you please add the ability to import OneNote, Evernote, and .gdoc files into Sway from the menu in the "My Sways" section of Sway? I use Evernote extensively and if I could import notes or groups of notes into Sway, it would save me tons of time because I already have the content created in Evernote.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Be logged on on more than one electronic

Be able to log in on more then one account

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. ability to the reorder the placement of my Sways in My Sways

Let me drag and drop my Sways in the order I wish them to appear on the My Sways page

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. smartboard

Though it appears Sway is designed for touch, it does no scroll (Vertically or Horizontally) with touch on a SmartBoard. I am sure there are lots of us starting to use Sway that are confused by the need to use a mouse or the scroll bar to make the Sway go from point to point.

Could you please make it touch enabled from scrolling on a SmartBoard?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. deep zoom

It would be great to be able to embed "Deep Zoom" files from the Microsoft Image Composite Editor (http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/69699e5a-5c91-4b01-898c-ef012cbb07f7/default.aspx) into Sways.

The ability to deeply zoom into well crafted panoramas would be amazing.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Remove "share this sway" button

I plan to create a newsletter with sway that is later embedded in an application. I do not like the "share this sway" button, as i would prefer that the sway is always viewed in this application and it is not send to others that do not use it.

Is there an option in the embedded code, to hide this button? If not, can you please add it?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. video play icon

If an inserted video has a lot of white, the play icon is lost. Need to be able to adjust the play icon color or select the video preview screenshot

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Guest Editing Mode

Be able to add pictures from Facebook (and similar services) without a Microsoft account or without linking to one. I would like to collaborate at events and may need to pass a device around to multiple people.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Share support for Wechat

WeChat moment is a popular mobile social site for Asian people. Please support share to WeChat moment!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. publish using App Studio

Create a windows app using the Windows App Studio program

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. automatically email sway at finish

I'd love to automatically link the sway to a calendar event and send out a link at the finish of the presentation/sway.

I've finished and the links in your inbox.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Do you mean that you want the share icons to link to a specific Facebook page? (For example, I’ve made a Sway about Microsoft, and I want the link to take me to Microsoft’s page.) You can do this manually by adding a link to your Sway, but interesting idea. Thanks for sharing!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base