Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. privacy

It would be great to use Sway to share ideas, presentations, reports and information with business partners. And, here, privacy is key!
    Sway is great becaus of its speed from idea to content. If you integrate that with MS Office (especially OneNote!), you would have a great tool to communicate with teams.
    PLEASE DO THIS!!! :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Space with all sways together

Hello, guys! What about Sway become a personal page where you can post, and share with the world your hobbies and knowledge? What about people being able to personalize the layout of this space, and make their own magazine? Guys, trust me: people love sharing themselves. But until today, the tools to do it are not good as Sway. Personally, I loved it.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Viewing Sways on TV without laptop

Viewing onedrive Videos on TV is possible via Roku and Pikta for onedrive (My Mother in Laws is enjoying this).

It would be great to view Sways on TV without Computer in a similar way.

Older People e.g. would enjoy their Family member's personal Sways.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Preview Sway as it would look on different devices

It would be nice to be able to preview what a Sway would look like on other devices. I built a Sway on my computer and the preview mode shows me what it will look like if it's viewed on a computer. It would be nice to be able to see what it will look like on a phone or tablet.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We appreciate the feedback. If you would like to do this manually, just resize your window to the approximate size of a tablet or a phone. Your Sway will reflow to that window size, and you’ll get an idea of what it would look like across different devices. :)

5. Live Audience Interaction Via Mobile etc.

I'm sure this is far in the future, but it would be great if there were ways by which your Sway audience (whether or not its a live presentation, or strictly sharing via mobile) could interact with your Sway via their smartphone/tablet/what have you. This would probably just be something simple that can allow the audience to have a more meaningful connection with the Sway, which will make it more impactful. Perhaps the creator of the Sway could allow people to touch/see/hear part of it on their own terms from their mobile devices while you continue to present. These interactions…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Our embeds adjust according to their iframe, which present problems with the scenario you’re describing. Have you been embedding sways in your Wordpress blogs? Do you make the Sway the primary portion of the post or supplementing it? Has anyone else tried this? Let us know in the comments what Sway/Wordpress integration means to you.

7. Navigate in different directions

Today you can chose to navigate from top to bottom or left to right. I really like the way you are able to chose on how to start your Sway. I do like to have the possibillity to chose directions of my Sway after start meaning I can go from top to down or down to top or left to right or right to left, lik creating a thread. Also would be cool to be able to chose multiple roads to navigate like coming to crossroad.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Smooth scrolling

Having a Sway with many images, I would like to wish a smooth scrolling feature. Scrolling with the mouse is - at least on my system - not very smooth, whereas scrolling by arrow keys is.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! Do you think this information is valuable to everyone who views the Sway or only for the author? Would you want to be able to “like/star/fave” any other piece of content in the Sway? Anyone who likes this idea, let us know what you think in the comments!

10. 59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Show annotated PDFS

There should be a way to upload and share PDFs and annotation for class presentations or for proof presentations, to make presentations more interesting.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Annotating videos

There should be an online way to annotate videos from either YouTube or other online streaming services.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Embed Shazam Tags

There should be an option to share Shazam Tags or embed them into Sway.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Manual markers where presentation should pause

Now when pressing the "next" (>) button, Sway decides how far ahaid it jumps. Sometimes it goes to far and viewers can see what is next. This way they don't stay focused on the current topic.

Because of that, you have already comments on a phrase that is written in the next slide, while it still is completely out of context at that moment.

The only way to avoid this, is to do some scrolling. However, this removes the smoothness and doesn't resolve the problem once Sway supports pointers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. For my formatting to stay mine!!

I just used Sway for a final presentation and IT. WAS. TERRIBLE.
    Because the size of the projector was different than my computer, all of the formatting that I tried so hard to force Sway to do was removed. Sway decided what the images should look like. And they were wrong. Some of my most important equations were shrunken down to the point at which they were no longer useful.
    My professor and other students gave negative design feedback regarding the font, the size of pictures and graphs, and the tilt of the images.
    I have another final presentation later…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry about your negative experience, and we are avidly working to eliminate the issues you have brought up. We would like to avoid having our end users “force” Sway into specific formatting, which is why we’re working with a new creation paradigm. (You can read more about our philosophy here: http://blogs.office.com/2014/12/10/sway-philosophy/). As we continue to improve our algorithms, we would appreciate any specific feedback you can leave us in the comments! Why were the images wrong? Was it mostly ones that involved text/equations that were no longer useful? What was wrong about the font? Why was the new formatting not effective? Feel free to attach some screenshots if possible (or attach your Sway and the dimensions of the screen it was viewed on) so we can investigate further. Thanks for the feedback! :)

16. Ability to share individual sections separately

Sometime, we just want to share a section or target information. We've already known that we create the whole presentation. But, in a situation, we just want to share the direct piece of information or the direct section to our interests.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Share a OneDrive folder as an auto-generated Sway

I use OneDrive to share pictures with friends and relatives. Unfortunately the display of pictures sucks on OneDrive.

A cool feature would be to be able in OneDrive to have a button "Share this folder as a Sway" , and you would automatically have nice generated Sways from the pictures (and the captions of these pictures).

This Sway would be updated automatically when new pictures are added to the chosen folder.

This would provide a really pleasant way of sharing OneDrive pictures!

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

While we don’t currently support this feature, if you’re a Windows 10 user, you can use the Photos app to do something similar. Select one of your albums, then click Share → Upload to Sway (or scroll to the bottom and select “Tell your story with Sway”). This will allow you to auto-generate a Sway from all the photos in that album.

18. Set the height of the iframe

I don't have a problem with embedding the iFrame into my blog but I want to be able to view the entire Sway in the iFrame and not have scrolling. I am using Tumblr and that may be the cause of the issue. But Tumblr could be a platform that Sway will thrive on ... I would love to be able to embed straight to Tumblr from Sway.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Responsive Text

I realize that this is optimized for Mobile, which is awesome, but when you are viewing the Storyline the text does not extend the entire width of the page, looks to be about 50% of the page. It would be nice for it to have the same layout across all screens.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Windows Phone Reader view of a Sway (to enlarge text)

Sways currently appear with "squint print" on Windows phones such as my Lumia Icon. A "Reader" view of Sways would help people who have a hard time dealing with tiny fonts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base