Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sway for Windows 8.1 and 8(or even 7)

i'm a high student and i really like Sway, it makes your presentation really cool, but unfortunately i can't save the document in my pc and it was suck becuse it only available on Windows 10. i hope you can bring sway to Windows 8.1 and 8

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Autoplay through a multiple sways in a playlist and loop as a continuous presentation

I would like to use sway to present stories of victories and recent achievements to people who come into my office on a casual basis, to keep people in the loop about what's been happening.

This would require creating a Sway for each victory story, and then creating a playlist of Sways which could auto-play through. It would be played on a loop setting on a TV in the office.

I think Sway would be a fabulous method to presenting and communitcating these stories, but without the ability to auto-play a sway, play through multiple sways in a playlist, and…

128 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We don’t support the ability to “create a playlist” but if you have an Office 365 subscription, you can now set your Sway to play automatically! If you are the author of the Sway, use the … to go to Settings for that Sway and turn auto-play on.

3. resolution

Sway seems to so far in my experience use images in a bad way; by that I mean not take into consideration image quality and get images that cannot be scaled up without looking awful and pixelated and blowing them up to a size they won't look good at.

Maybe some form of detection when creating a Sway to make sure it takes into consideration image quality before creation?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have option to make an HTML document (example included)

I have done this many times for my professors in collage to make an basic HTML document for a sway submission because most of the time teachers want a physical file than a link. Please look at the file attached and look how I coded it. I used the embed code with and HTML template I created. Also please look how I have the resolution set for the sway Iframe because it is better than the default resolution for projectors. Maybe you can have an option for a sway convert to file (which is a HTML document)

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. search text within my library of Sways I created!

I use Sway once a week. I create a Sway and send it to my employees to update them. I would love for me and my colleagues to be able to SEARCH content by text within those Sways. Like "I remember I said something about "XYZ" but i don't remember which Sway." Well, with search functions you could type in XYZ and find the Sways that relate! :)

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. full screen button

currently the full screen button is only available in sway when using the embed url
    https://sway.com/s/8WhQSQGqThHQYgiL/embed
    the regular play url does not include the full screen button
    https://sway.com/8WhQSQGqThHQYgiL

When pressing the play button the full screen button should be available just as it is in embed mode

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. SWAYs at Docs.Com must load and view FASTER on MOBILE Devices.

SWAYs, especially those with videos and other rich multimedia content, take too long to load and view on mobile devices.

I tested several 'featured' SWAYs on an iPhone 6, iPad, Samsung Note 4, and Note Tablet ed. 2014. I tried both ATT's 4G mobile data and a very fast WiFi connection.

The TEST RESULTS were the same: SWAYs load too slowly for most mobile viewers, especially first-time casual users to a Docs.Com Collection.

If MSFT can't improve SWAY mobile loading times, this outstanding method for web publishing will surely flop.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Get the ability to comment a Sway using Yammer

We are able to "share" a sway by clicking on a Yammer button, then it will launched a dialog box allowing us to post the Sway Link to a yammer conversation.

Is is possible to get some evolution on Sway to be able to Comment a Sway using Yammer (as example, by making the same thing as we have in Office Video : allowing user to comment a Video within a Yammer Conversation) like screenshot in attachment

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add collaborators

Add a person to view/edit the Sway, just like you can do with a word document. It is silly to have to email the link.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. "Hide" a card (Remove a part of the Sway without deleting)

I would like to be able to hide some cards without having to delete them. This would be very useful when showing a general Sway to a particular audience that might not be interested in some parts. It would also help when experimenting with various card arrangements to see which render the best in Preview mode.

235 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Let people subscribe to sway presentations so they recieve alerts when presentations changes

Let people subscribe to sway presentations so they recieve alerts when presentations changes

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Do you frequently edit the same Sway and want to update your readers? Or do you publish multiple Sways to Docs.com and want to notify users when something new has been published? Let us know by leaving a comment! :)

12. Sways not indexed by Google

I created about 5 Sways, all public, but i am not able to find them via google search. The sways are live for a few month. Event if i search very specifically, i can only find tweets or other posts mentioning the sway, but never the sway itself.
    Found an older thread here on that topic, looked again and my sways are public for everyone. in the sourcecode i see a nofollow / no index tag.

thanks for help,
    rolf

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to Create an Interactive Invitation

I really wish Sway could allow the author to create an interactive event orientation that would then allow the end-user to respond to the event (RSVP) right in the app & send an update to the author to keep tabs on who's accepted and who have declined. Easy way to invite a large number of people to events and keep track of responses.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Offline Mode for Sway

Would there be a way to save a Sway offline? Many conferences have little or no dependable wireless, which is also true for many schools. Offline mode would be helpful. I'm not sure if it can be done since it is dynamically rendering to different device types, but a "PDF" like snapshot mode would be helpful.

1,166 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    83 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. qr code

I'd like the option of having my sway URL encoded in a big sized QR code and having it automatically inserted at the end of the sway.

This is useful because when I present to an audience, I thought of not giving handouts to people anymore. Instead I would generate a giant QR code, encoding my Sway address, and put it in the Sway last page.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Remove share links from presentation

As a business user it is vital that our presentation is not shared on social sites or anywhere else. The option to only share with certain people is not am option either, we simply need the ability to embed the sway and have people view on our website. I think its a great app but until we have the ability to secure our contents as most other business apps do it is a non starter.......such a waste from what is such a great idea.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Save Sways to OneDrive

Save sways to OneDrive. Maybe in a way which is similar to OneNote (just a "link" to the notebook is sync, and the content "per se" is online. In the same way, just a link to the sway gets sync to the PC).

This way, the standard sharing features of OneDrive could be used by Sway.

If I put a Sway in a shared folder, everyone who can see that folder could see the Sway.

594 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    56 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing. Can you help us understand a bit of why you would want to Save to OneDrive? Is it for sharing or is it for offlne access? Are there other services you would want to save to? Why?

Interesting idea— please drop a comment if you like this idea as well.

18. Playing sway presentation on computer without any installed Office application

When your presentation is done, you would like to show it.
    But machine for presentation may not have a office application for that.
    After that you lose your star time.

Package with sway may be .exe, just copy on flash drive and play from it.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Browse sways from my organization, or appear in DELVE /Office 365/

Its very compatible if the sways created by our organization is could be explored through DELVE or Sharepoint site, since its part of knowledge sharing so why not to let it be exploreable, manageable
    Maybe you guys already doing something great about it,

Sway is great to use. I love it

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Android Sway App

View a Sway via an Android app.

The world has 2 billion Android users and many may be like me: I'd love to show my Sways offline. I would be keen to use Sway for my speaker presentations straight from my phone.

761 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considering  ·  35 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base