Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Playing sway presentation on computer without any installed Office application

When your presentation is done, you would like to show it.
    But machine for presentation may not have a office application for that.
    After that you lose your star time.

Package with sway may be .exe, just copy on flash drive and play from it.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Browse sways from my organization, or appear in DELVE /Office 365/

Its very compatible if the sways created by our organization is could be explored through DELVE or Sharepoint site, since its part of knowledge sharing so why not to let it be exploreable, manageable
    Maybe you guys already doing something great about it,

Sway is great to use. I love it

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Android Sway App

View a Sway via an Android app.

The world has 2 billion Android users and many may be like me: I'd love to show my Sways offline. I would be keen to use Sway for my speaker presentations straight from my phone.

728 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considering  ·  35 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add comments

Add comments

From Mark:
    When viewing someones sway as at the moment there are only very few available to see on sway.com, it would be good to be able to write a little review for the creator, such as ''I really enjoyed reading/viewing your sway'

It will also be useful for feedback in how others view possible improvements or corrections etc.

229 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Is it more important to you to have someone be able to comment on the entire Sway or on content within the Sway? Also, do you think of commenting as something people who are authoring with you should do or as something you want your viewers to do? Should comments be publicly visible or only visible to you? Let us know in the comments. :)

6. Joomla

Integration with Joomla CMS.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Embed vertical Sway into a blog

It would be awesome if I could write blog posts using the vertical scrolling sway and then sharing it on a blog platform.

Not as a smaller embedded iframe, but as a full size post, as we can see them on the sway website right now.

I created a small Sway to explain with a picture my idea:
    https://sway.com/QxyhZpeIQonyET68

Of course the end could automatically add a "created with Sway" or something to give appropriate credits to the app!

202 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Autoplay media

While we scroll through a sway it should have preloaded media like videos and autoplay it when it hits the viewable part of the screen

183 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Export to HTML5 + JS

Export to HTML5 + JS sways can be shared with links. Currently there are some web apps which dissect and present powerpoint presentations. Put an end to that and use an existing open standard

98 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Prevent Image Downloads

Please prevent a user from doing the right-click Save Image trick. if a photographer is going to use Sway, he doesn't want his pictures download all over the web fro free.

Thanks.

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make Sway look clickable when sharing

When I shared to Facebook, the preview image is just a photo, so people think it's just a photo and don't click on it!
    can you promote some icon, or something to show that it's not just a photo - the title does not overlay or anything. I had to tell people it was a sway - they loved it then.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Embed in SharePoint

I would like to be able to embed Sway into my SharePoint site using the content editor web part.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sway and Word Linked Together

There should be a link that can be used by the user to use a word document on their OneDrive on Sway. The document can only be visible to the Sway user and as changes are made in word they reflect on Sway.

For example, if there is a paragraph about Frankenstein on a word document, there should be an option to add it and convert any main headings, links and whatnot to Sway. AS their are changes added to the document, they also reflect upon real time or upon save (depending on user) posted on the Sway.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Embed web content as iFrame in a Sway

I would like to be able to embed an external website inside a sway as content, so you could scroll through that website as part of the sway. This would be use din instructional manuals that are authored as Sway's, but contain small embedded live sites, such as forums or forms or other similar items.

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. create elearning SCORM contents with sway

embeded sway in LMS. Export to SCORM package

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Blogger and wordpress post and share

I would like if I could share my sways immediately to my wordpress and blogger blogs with a button and not by copying and pasting the embed code

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Wordpress now lets you embed Sways, content from Docs.com, and Mixes! If you have a blog on WordPress.com, you can paste a link to any of these three types of content and WordPress will automatically represent the link as an embed. Keep voting for this idea if you would like to see more integration on the Sway-side.

17. Progress meter for viewers

For larger sways it would be nice for the viewers to have some sense of how much is yet to be seen.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Share a folder or collection of Sways

So have one link that shows a grid of the different sways in the folder. Much like OneDrive, where you can share a folder and see all the items in a grid format. The layout is very nice and allows the user to share in one link multiple sways.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Photobooks

A photo book is still an amazing way to capture memories and particularly the older generation appreciates it very much....I wonder if the AI/machine learning of Sway could help creating such a book out of an existing sway and move it to respective printing companies for the finishing touches.....such a feature could get printing companies to endorse SWAY and/or build add-ons in the future....

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sway integration for Lync (Skype for Business)

It would be amazing, if you could integrate Sway into Office Web App, to share it in Lync conferences. I know this implies work from 3 different Teams, but maybe there is a way :)

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! The more and more we move towards a full-release, we’re looking into releasing a version of Sway appropriate for enterprise customers. This feedback is really great for helping us come up with features that may be useful in those scenarios.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base