Sway Suggestion Box

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sways not indexed by Google

I created about 5 Sways, all public, but i am not able to find them via google search. The sways are live for a few month. Event if i search very specifically, i can only find tweets or other posts mentioning the sway, but never the sway itself.
    Found an older thread here on that topic, looked again and my sways are public for everyone. in the sourcecode i see a nofollow / no index tag.

thanks for help,
    rolf

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. smartboard

Though it appears Sway is designed for touch, it does no scroll (Vertically or Horizontally) with touch on a SmartBoard. I am sure there are lots of us starting to use Sway that are confused by the need to use a mouse or the scroll bar to make the Sway go from point to point.

Could you please make it touch enabled from scrolling on a SmartBoard?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. video play icon

If an inserted video has a lot of white, the play icon is lost. Need to be able to adjust the play icon color or select the video preview screenshot

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Guest Editing Mode

Be able to add pictures from Facebook (and similar services) without a Microsoft account or without linking to one. I would like to collaborate at events and may need to pass a device around to multiple people.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Playing sway presentation on computer without any installed Office application

When your presentation is done, you would like to show it.
    But machine for presentation may not have a office application for that.
    After that you lose your star time.

Package with sway may be .exe, just copy on flash drive and play from it.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Joomla

Integration with Joomla CMS.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. deep zoom

It would be great to be able to embed "Deep Zoom" files from the Microsoft Image Composite Editor (http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/69699e5a-5c91-4b01-898c-ef012cbb07f7/default.aspx) into Sways.

The ability to deeply zoom into well crafted panoramas would be amazing.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Remove "share this sway" button

I plan to create a newsletter with sway that is later embedded in an application. I do not like the "share this sway" button, as i would prefer that the sway is always viewed in this application and it is not send to others that do not use it.

Is there an option in the embedded code, to hide this button? If not, can you please add it?

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. publish using App Studio

Create a windows app using the Windows App Studio program

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Insert a hyperlinked image that will invoke other images

I would like to be able to upload an image that contains hyperlinks that can be used within sway to jump to other images within the Sway. Such as a map, where I can click on a city which would open a picture of the city. Alternatively, adding a hyperlink list that would allow me to create those hyperlinks within Sway (When I click here, it jumps to [insert where to jump here]) such as within powerpoint.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. automatically email sway at finish

I'd love to automatically link the sway to a calendar event and send out a link at the finish of the presentation/sway.

I've finished and the links in your inbox.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Share support for Wechat

WeChat moment is a popular mobile social site for Asian people. Please support share to WeChat moment!

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Let people subscribe to sway presentations so they recieve alerts when presentations changes

Let people subscribe to sway presentations so they recieve alerts when presentations changes

196 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Sway Team responded

Thanks for the suggestion! Do you frequently edit the same Sway and want to update your readers? Or do you publish multiple Sways to Docs.com and want to notify users when something new has been published? Let us know by leaving a comment! :)

18. Cover to be shown while sharing in social media

When I post my sway, I want to choose which image or which page of the content will be shown in facebook; twitter, etc, as its cover. So far, it does not even show the image that I have set as background of the title.
    This would make sway more practical and attractive.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Do you mean that you want the share icons to link to a specific Facebook page? (For example, I’ve made a Sway about Microsoft, and I want the link to take me to Microsoft’s page.) You can do this manually by adding a link to your Sway, but interesting idea. Thanks for sharing!

20. focus points

In the Preview version of Sway, if you added a large image, say 3714x2994 at 300dpi, it did a wonderful job of re-sizing based on screen size. For an image that size, it would appear fully on larger screens and take 2 Sway screens on smaller ones. This was perfect as it allowed the user to view the entire image on 1 or two screens no matter the device. And the only thing visible was the image.

Now, even with selecting the "Entire image is important" option, on smaller screens, Sway insists on cropping the full image to fit the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve made some changes to how Sway lays out images so they never take more than 1 screen to see all the content. As a result, if you select ‘The entire image is important,’ Sway won’t crop the image. It will fit it into the viewport and then add the accent color (depending on the style) to fill the additional space (if needed), which is why you’re seeing a white box appear. Were you not concerned about users having to scroll through an image over multiple screens as opposed to being able to consume the entire image at once? Let us know why or why not in the comments!

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base