Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sway integration for Lync (Skype for Business)

It would be amazing, if you could integrate Sway into Office Web App, to share it in Lync conferences. I know this implies work from 3 different Teams, but maybe there is a way :)

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! The more and more we move towards a full-release, we’re looking into releasing a version of Sway appropriate for enterprise customers. This feedback is really great for helping us come up with features that may be useful in those scenarios.

2. Show annotated PDFS

There should be a way to upload and share PDFs and annotation for class presentations or for proof presentations, to make presentations more interesting.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Annotating videos

There should be an online way to annotate videos from either YouTube or other online streaming services.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Embed Shazam Tags

There should be an option to share Shazam Tags or embed them into Sway.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sway and Word Linked Together

There should be a link that can be used by the user to use a word document on their OneDrive on Sway. The document can only be visible to the Sway user and as changes are made in word they reflect on Sway.

For example, if there is a paragraph about Frankenstein on a word document, there should be an option to add it and convert any main headings, links and whatnot to Sway. AS their are changes added to the document, they also reflect upon real time or upon save (depending on user) posted on the Sway.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Smooth scrolling

Having a Sway with many images, I would like to wish a smooth scrolling feature. Scrolling with the mouse is - at least on my system - not very smooth, whereas scrolling by arrow keys is.

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Manual markers where presentation should pause

Now when pressing the "next" (>) button, Sway decides how far ahaid it jumps. Sometimes it goes to far and viewers can see what is next. This way they don't stay focused on the current topic.

Because of that, you have already comments on a phrase that is written in the next slide, while it still is completely out of context at that moment.

The only way to avoid this, is to do some scrolling. However, this removes the smoothness and doesn't resolve the problem once Sway supports pointers.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 59 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. For my formatting to stay mine!!

I just used Sway for a final presentation and IT. WAS. TERRIBLE.
    Because the size of the projector was different than my computer, all of the formatting that I tried so hard to force Sway to do was removed. Sway decided what the images should look like. And they were wrong. Some of my most important equations were shrunken down to the point at which they were no longer useful.
    My professor and other students gave negative design feedback regarding the font, the size of pictures and graphs, and the tilt of the images.
    I have another final presentation later…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry about your negative experience, and we are avidly working to eliminate the issues you have brought up. We would like to avoid having our end users “force” Sway into specific formatting, which is why we’re working with a new creation paradigm. (You can read more about our philosophy here: http://blogs.office.com/2014/12/10/sway-philosophy/). As we continue to improve our algorithms, we would appreciate any specific feedback you can leave us in the comments! Why were the images wrong? Was it mostly ones that involved text/equations that were no longer useful? What was wrong about the font? Why was the new formatting not effective? Feel free to attach some screenshots if possible (or attach your Sway and the dimensions of the screen it was viewed on) so we can investigate further. Thanks for the feedback! :)

10. Ability to share individual sections separately

Sometime, we just want to share a section or target information. We've already known that we create the whole presentation. But, in a situation, we just want to share the direct piece of information or the direct section to our interests.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Export to HTML5 + JS

Export to HTML5 + JS sways can be shared with links. Currently there are some web apps which dissect and present powerpoint presentations. Put an end to that and use an existing open standard

125 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Embed in SharePoint

I would like to be able to embed Sway into my SharePoint site using the content editor web part.

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Share a folder or collection of Sways

So have one link that shows a grid of the different sways in the folder. Much like OneDrive, where you can share a folder and see all the items in a grid format. The layout is very nice and allows the user to share in one link multiple sways.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Windows Phone Reader view of a Sway (to enlarge text)

Sways currently appear with "squint print" on Windows phones such as my Lumia Icon. A "Reader" view of Sways would help people who have a hard time dealing with tiny fonts.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Progress meter for viewers

For larger sways it would be nice for the viewers to have some sense of how much is yet to be seen.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Watermark to completed Sway

Add a logo / watermark on a completed sway to keep our content to from being replicated without permission.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Responsive Text

I realize that this is optimized for Mobile, which is awesome, but when you are viewing the Storyline the text does not extend the entire width of the page, looks to be about 50% of the page. It would be nice for it to have the same layout across all screens.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Set the height of the iframe

I don't have a problem with embedding the iFrame into my blog but I want to be able to view the entire Sway in the iFrame and not have scrolling. I am using Tumblr and that may be the cause of the issue. But Tumblr could be a platform that Sway will thrive on ... I would love to be able to embed straight to Tumblr from Sway.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The Date on The Sway Should REMAIN the Created Date

The Date on The Sway Should REMAIN the Created Date. Currently when you UPDATE a Sway date changes, giving the appearance that the date was CREATED on the new MODIFIED date. Maybe both dates, PUBLISH DATE, and EDIT/MODIFIED date can be displayed.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Embed web content as iFrame in a Sway

I would like to be able to embed an external website inside a sway as content, so you could scroll through that website as part of the sway. This would be use din instructional manuals that are authored as Sway's, but contain small embedded live sites, such as forums or forms or other similar items.

130 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base