Sway Suggestion Box

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. share on one drive

I would like to share my sway presentation on one drive to have it also on Delve and share it with my organization.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sway metadata API

I would like to embed a sway into my website similar to the way twitter embeds tweets into external sites. Right now, if I want to list Sway's on my blog, I need to host everything on my site statically, which could easily get out dated if I edit the Sway. I would like to be able to just list the Sway URLs and have a javascript library go through and create the previews for me.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Share or publish Sway pages to Azure

Since its already on your Azure server, it would be nice to publish it to my Azure so I can use it as a simple information webpage creator. It would also allow us to publish it under a personal domain name.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. People to be able to edit SWAY on cellphone even if the did not create it

Currently if I create a SWAY for my students and give them editing rights, currently they cannot edit on their cell phones. Often the task is take photos, done on their cellphone, but then they have to get photos onto laptop and edit on their. It would be great if they could edit on their cellphone!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A Layout that STAYS

Have the Layout I select to STAY! It keeps reverting back to the scrolling Sway. I don't WANT a scrolling Sway I want the viewers to click the bottom right arrows :(

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Sway Team responded

Your Sway should not change its layout unless you change it explicitly, so this may be a bug. Can you please explain to us what actions you took right before realizing that the layout had changed so we can investigate further? (You can reply directly to the email generated by my response.) Thanks!

8. Sway for Windows 8.1 and 8(or even 7)

i'm a high student and i really like Sway, it makes your presentation really cool, but unfortunately i can't save the document in my pc and it was suck becuse it only available on Windows 10. i hope you can bring sway to Windows 8.1 and 8

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. SWAYs at Docs.Com must load and view FASTER on MOBILE Devices.

SWAYs, especially those with videos and other rich multimedia content, take too long to load and view on mobile devices.

I tested several 'featured' SWAYs on an iPhone 6, iPad, Samsung Note 4, and Note Tablet ed. 2014. I tried both ATT's 4G mobile data and a very fast WiFi connection.

The TEST RESULTS were the same: SWAYs load too slowly for most mobile viewers, especially first-time casual users to a Docs.Com Collection.

If MSFT can't improve SWAY mobile loading times, this outstanding method for web publishing will surely flop.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Start Sway from a certain point

Every time you press play it starts from the beginning and that is not very useful for editing. You should be able to play from an exact point.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Show Sway's title when sharing to Facebook

When sharing your Sway on Facebook, it just says "Sway" as the title for the shared element.

Is it possible to have the Sway display the title of the Sway only, or somehow edit the metadata associated with a specific Sway?
    Just like you are able to edit alt text for images, i think a metadata section could provide some useful functionality?

Best regards

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback. We are currently following up with a bug where Sways shared to Facebook don’t pull title or image from the Sway. However, there is a really easy workaround. If you simply refresh the Sway right before sharing it, all of your changes will sync and be included in the shared Sway.

12. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to Create an Interactive Invitation

I really wish Sway could allow the author to create an interactive event orientation that would then allow the end-user to respond to the event (RSVP) right in the app & send an update to the author to keep tabs on who's accepted and who have declined. Easy way to invite a large number of people to events and keep track of responses.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sharing linked direct to player

I'd like the ability to send a link to somebody that just goes directly into the player and potentially make that public.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Be logged on on more than one electronic

Be able to log in on more then one account

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Import More File Types

Would you please add the ability to import OneNote, Evernote, and .gdoc files into Sway from the menu in the "My Sways" section of Sway? I use Evernote extensively and if I could import notes or groups of notes into Sway, it would save me tons of time because I already have the content created in Evernote.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. ability to the reorder the placement of my Sways in My Sways

Let me drag and drop my Sways in the order I wish them to appear on the My Sways page

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Autoplay through a multiple sways in a playlist and loop as a continuous presentation

I would like to use sway to present stories of victories and recent achievements to people who come into my office on a casual basis, to keep people in the loop about what's been happening.

This would require creating a Sway for each victory story, and then creating a playlist of Sways which could auto-play through. It would be played on a loop setting on a TV in the office.

I think Sway would be a fabulous method to presenting and communitcating these stories, but without the ability to auto-play a sway, play through multiple sways in a playlist, and…

128 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We don’t support the ability to “create a playlist” but if you have an Office 365 subscription, you can now set your Sway to play automatically! If you are the author of the Sway, use the … to go to Settings for that Sway and turn auto-play on.

19. Get the ability to comment a Sway using Yammer

We are able to "share" a sway by clicking on a Yammer button, then it will launched a dialog box allowing us to post the Sway Link to a yammer conversation.

Is is possible to get some evolution on Sway to be able to Comment a Sway using Yammer (as example, by making the same thing as we have in Office Video : allowing user to comment a Video within a Yammer Conversation) like screenshot in attachment

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry you’re having issues! Is that a chart in your Sway or have you embedded another Sway? If you want, please reply to the email generated by my response with a link to your Sway so we can investigate further.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base