Sway Suggestion Box

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. try creating a real application and ask me if I want it before forcing it on my system

try creating a real application and ask me if I want it before forcing it on my system

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Grid text sized correctly

The Grid Group supposedly supports text.

But when I alternate text and images in a grid group, for example in order to describe the images in more detail than possible with a caption, the text is rendered extremely large, with scroll bars everywhere, instead of being sized to fit the grid elements. This text is much larger than text anywhere else in the Sway, regardless of overall Sway text size choices.

Please auto-size the text so it fits, and please give us a per-card slider in cases where Sway doesn't get it right.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. ability to embed Textivate.com and Quizlet.com learning activities

It could be very useful to be able to embed the embeddable learning and revision activities from quizlet.com and textivate.com to give further interactive elements to Sways.

As an example this Sway www.doc.co/MVjYgA/ymzg1s was an experiment with trying to use these sites with Sway for a vocabulary pre-teaching session so that students could learn and review vocabulary prior to a speaking class on the topic of the environment.

Using links to these sites makes the process so much less fluid, sends the reader away from the original content and risks that when students complete one activity they might not return…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Photo view when addind OneDrive content

I saw you just added a recent files view[1] when adding content from OneDrive.

I use Sway as a storytelling app. I select the best pictures taken in some place, add my thoughts, and create a permanent memory of my trip. While sometimes I do this on the go, most of the times I work on the stories when I get home.

I think a "Photos view" (like the one in OneDrive, showing every picture in my OneDrive, and sorting it by date) would help me a lot. Add a "Photos" option besides the "Recent" you just added. Maybe you…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. to swait while we load, or swaiting

instead of a loading or waiting screen, I suggest we update the verbiage.

Swaiting

Swait while we load

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Creative  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Promote!

Make it easier to promote your sway and maybe have on sway website a section where the public can view your sway! such as sway category's

:)

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Sway Team responded

If you publish your Sways on Docs.com, you get to do exactly that! It creates a public profile with any documents you want to add, then you can organize them into collections. Different documents, including Sways, get featured on the homepage, and you can search through all the documents for ones that you are interested in reading or sharing. Let us know what feedback you have after giving it a try! :)

7. More Speed

If I the creator of Sway, I m invest more in speed is extremely slow in PC with 1GB of RAM. I have a VDI and Sway full memory. Mobile devices :( too slow.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Embed Kahoot in a sway.

I use kahoots all the time with my classes. Sway is the natural Hub/ Home for kahoot and my other digital tools

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I would like to be able to monetize on a Sway.

I.e. I would like to be able to market a Sway in the Windows Store.
    I feel great informational products with a lot of visual elements can be created using Sway.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Better split design panes on large resolution screens

I have a 2560x1440 PC screen. Sway should split the Storyline and Preview pane accordingly. See attachment 1. Right now a lot of screen space is wasted.

There is clearly enough space to fit both panes on a 50-50% basis. See attachement 2: I merged two screenshots to display a better screen split. That would be a nice boost in productivity.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Faster way to move in preview mode

Remove animations from preview mode. It takes too long time to move in your presentation if you have long animations and lots of images. Or if you just press a key on your keyboard (ctrl for example) it would remove the animations and enable you scroll faster. Also in play mode, you should be able to move backwards without animations.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. How do I change the name of a file in Sway?

I imported a PDF file and it generated a Sway with filename "Untitled". I am using Office365 Online for business and Sharepoint Online. Where does Sway store its files? And how would I go about changing the filename of my document from Untitled to something more useful?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Sway Team responded

You can update a Sway’s name by opening the Sway from www.sway.com or from the Windows 10 Sway app and editing the Title of the Sway. This will change it to something more useful. There currently isn’t a way to create a new URL for a Sway — this is a security feature. However, we’re considering allowing users to change the link to something of their choosing. Additionally, there are no Sway “files,” just collections of content, links and relationships in the secure Azure cloud database.

13. Onedrive

When trying to send information to ONEDRIVE it dose not send it to the updated version and I am unable to use the other.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hello, i found Sway as a innovative way to create blog post and presentation and more...

. I was very happy to see more functionality to align and arrange objects surround the text.
    More options to the build fragments of the story line,
    Metro UI styling of the objects.
    Support for RTL languages.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Sway Team responded

Thanks for sharing your suggestions! Please submit them as individual ideas so others may vote on them!

15. looking for a particular card without going all over the presentation

I would like to be able to go to a specific card to explain it in more detail or during a debate seeing it again. Right now I must go all over the presentation to find it, but as in PPT it would be great to have the map of sway cards and choose the one I need at that moment.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. blackberry 10 app

Would you guys create a BlackBerry 10 app version to go with your iPhone, Android and Windows app?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add copyright info

I would like to have a way to easily add copyright information to images, videos used on Sway. I have not figured out a good way to achieve this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. to add links to locally stored data ie videos, share drives, etc.

If I had a path to a share drive, I'd like to be able to add a link that would take me directly to the locally stored content.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Publishing, entering search provider

Impossible to publish traditional way: www.exemple.com
    Cannot completely enjoy the product without a link to the search providers.
    Not PowerPoint neither Publisher.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Password Protection a Must

Great app. I think it could be better if the app has an option to automatically lock if not in use after few mins, or lock manually just like a bank account. it is personal information we are protecting here. still need to test out the features, but so far I like the concept and the custom ability of the app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base