Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Move presentation between accounts.

I would like to move a Sway presentation from my personal 365 account to my Enterprise 365 account.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create 'Shared Workspaces' to ease group editing of multiple Sways

Setting up to work collectively on a Sway newsletter can be a pain. Upon creation of a new newsletter each week, the creator has to invite every member of the team via an edit link.

My suggestion is a 'Shared Workspace' option which allows for multiple users to see the same collection of Sways. Ownership can be retained by the original author (and owner of the shared workspace), however when the author creates a new sway for the latest newsletter; members of this 'shared workspace' are automatically informed and given editing access.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Custom Start and End Times for YouTube videos

I'd love to see the ability to use custom start and end times for YouTube videos. This could be easily doable since these can be URL-encoded with the YouTube Link such as with "?t=5m44s" added to the end of the URL.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Speaker notes

Add speaker notes box.

Speaker notes should be able to be viewed in separate window (or synched on a separate device would be 100x better!!). I need all the help I can when I present.

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Have the ability to Embed Airtable Databases. (www.airtable.com)

I use airtable as a database app. The ability to interact with my airtable database inside of a sway would be very helpful.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Insert a live twitter hashtag or feed

I would like to be able to insert a twitter field, which I can set to a specific #hashtag, which would then show the e.g. newest 1-3 tweets.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sway to be stored in O365

If an employee creates a new Sway from Office 365, the default location should be in a location that is manageable by the O365 Admins. Sway content needs to be treated just like any other business content.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. picture and video alignment to textbox

When you at a picture or video after a Text and the text is long enough, the picture/video is automaticly placed next to the text before on the right side. I would be great when you would be able to chose the placement and aligment to the picture.

Short said:
    - next to text or under text (also when there is just one line of text)
    - right or left to picture.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. automatically display picture captions next to picture

Captions pictures should display automatically next to the picture. Do not require viewer to click the picture to see the related caption.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Almost all picture captions are displayed next to the picture (or on the picture). There are some exceptions (for example, when the picture takes the whole screen, users will have to scroll slightly. Or if the picture is part of something interactive, there’s a button to reveal the caption). Are you concerned about the image location not being shown unless the user clicks the image (the link of the site where the picture was obtained)? Let us know in the comments!

10. Sway for Enterprise Sales ( B2B ) Scenarios ( Pre-Built Clean / Metro Templates )

Sway for Enterprise Sales Usage:

Would love to have pre-built professional looking SWAY templates that would be clean/metro, low effects/animation, and automatically do things that would brand the presentation as BY a company or FOR a company:

-Drag and drop company or client logo and SWAY will automatically drop in corners to brand the current section.

-Static side-bar: lists sections of the SWAY to quickly hop forward/backward or to a particular section (or update!)

-Static sidebar customization support: Would be great to have sales rep name, picture and contact info planted at bottom of sidebar, along with links to their…

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. File Uploads from Other Cloud Storage Sources, such as Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud.

It's nice to have the capability of inserting a picture from Facebook and other sources. Even more useful would be a direct connection to Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud, and even Pinterest. I have many years of digital content in a few different places, as I am sure do most people. This would make Sway much easier to use. Thank you!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. the color of words in a sentence

Need color text!
    add the ability to change the color of words in the same sentence. I need to highlight the emphasis in red or green

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sway made available to home business users using Office 365 personal version

I'd like to see Sway made available to home business users who are using Office 365 standard version.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. MP4 video support

MP4 video support. I can't use any videos taken on my Android phone without recoding them. Not much used without this format

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Work without signing in to an account.

1. Get rid of the requirement to sign into a Microsoft Account to use this product.

2. Stop storing stuff in the cloud by default. Sure, it makes sense as an option. But why throw away a huge segment of your potential customer base?

As it stands, this product is useless to me. And I've never even used it. Until I can create documents on my own system and keep them there, I'll have to pass.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! To your first point, we appreciate the suggestion and we are considering lifting this in the future. To your second point, it’s hard to answer concisely here, but please check out this answers forum post where the General Manager of Sway laid out a lot of thinking around this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_sway-sway_create/sway-file-management/cd2678ee-bae5-431f-ac86-30cd63d15d4f?auth=1 . Thanks! :)

17. Play from a specific card (instead of from the beginning)

Option of "Play from the last card I played", rather than from the beginning each time.

I'd like the option of being able move from Storyline to "Play from the last card I played", rather than go back to "Play from the beginning" each time. If I'm editing on card 24 and want to see how it works with the preceding and following card, I don't want to have to Play from card 1.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. !utomatic citation of Creative Commons images included when inserted in a Sway

Adding Creative Commons images by themselves is not enough. It is not good netiquette to simply use images without citation. The CC license on lots of these images REQUIRE citation. Let's set a good example for students and others by having Sway include a citation source link when inserting a CC image from Bing or Flickr.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. More iFrame Embed capabilities

Please enable more iFrame embed options.
    Would be great to have more options for 3D models embed alog with SketchFab... Most popular would be iFrames from Autodesk A360 Viewer
    https://360.autodesk.com/viewer
    Cl3ver https://www.cl3ver.com/gallery/
    and similar...

Thank you in advance for your consideration!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Linkable pictures

I'd like to have images optionally linkable so viewers can click on them to go to other pages I want to direct them to. Somewhat like Pinterest, I guess.

183 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base