Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to Reuse uploaded files (e.g. images)

It would be useful to have access to where uploaded files are located for re-use. I may be missing something, but for example, when I upload an image, e.g. a Logo, if I want to add again elsewhere, or even on a different Sway, it appears I have to upload it again.

Is there a specific location where uploaded files are stored that can be accessed? If not, having a dedicated Sway folder in OneDrive would be really useful.

Thanks! [A newbie Sway user]

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Split option in Text Cards (For easier importing)

When I import word docs it turns my nice bulleted outline into one giant text card. having a split function for text would be amazing. Using it is simple. Highlight the text you want to make separate. then click split. Sway separates the text into it's own card while retaining formatting. allowing you to move and format sway imports faster and more efficiently.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The demos to illustrate what it is actually possible to do!

I very much like Sway. However I just find it VERY confusing and frustrating that the demos offer functionality that isn't there - you see a demo and think "That's great....I want to do do that - it must be possible". I just think it's a very odd thing to do. It's just not clear at all from the demos what is possible now and what isn't, so you don't know if it's just that you haven't found the right button or it's not available yet. Especially when trying out a new tool you really don't know if you are…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry for the confusion! We have plans to implement new layouts for Sways (not just panorama and vertical) like you see in the Red Panda Sway, but we haven’t exposed those to customers yet. We understand that it’s pretty confusing understanding what is what in the “coming soon” section. We’ll continue to improve our help content and hopefully Sway will become easier to understand as we improve the experience!

4. Version Control

Add automatic version control which would allow you to jump back to a previous version. Ideally if you add coauthoring it would then allow you to see who changed what.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatically caption from photo meta data

I use Microsoft's Photo Gallery to caption and tag my photos. When importing those photo files (generally jpg) the photo's caption should be (optionally?) added as the caption in Sway

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. touch screen features

Leveraging a surface, and would love to see some added options for the Surface pen. When viewing a sway, being able to swipe with my finger to move along would be great.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Convert Prezi files to Sway

It would be great to convert prezi files or prezi links to sway, as a foundation for a new Sway presentation

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Draw Shapes

I'd like to be able to draw shapes (boxes, circles, freeform, etc.) and be able to modify the properties of the shape (line color and type/weight, fill, transparency), just like in PPT.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Live-updating Sways

... to edit sway, while it is shown on another device. This would be useful if sway is used as an infoscreen eg in Lobby. I want to insert actual information while someone watch at it somewhere else in the network. Best way: an automatic insert at a certain place (for rss-feeds for example)

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Section before the Sway title

I'd like to be able to put a section before the Sway title, to be able to provide some sort of "introduction"

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Delete multiple Sways simultaneously

Please allow me to delete multiple sways at one time. I had to delete each sway individually. It would make the experience of organising my sways much easier.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provide the permission level that allows specifying the external users when sharing Microsoft Sway

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Sway の外部共有について、特定の外部ユーザーを指定して共有を行えるようにしてほしい

Provide the permission level that allows specifying the external users when sharing Microsoft Sway

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Sway で外部共有を行う場合、リンクを知っている人は誰でも共有を行える設定のみとなり、特定の外部ユーザーを指定して共有する機能がありません。そのため、Microsoft Sway の外部共有においても、特定の外部ユーザーを指定して共有を行えるように機能拡充を要望します。

When sharing Microsoft Sway with external users, there is only one permission level “Anyone with a link” available. It is not possible to share Sway with specific external users.

In order to improve usability, it will be nice if we could specify the external users to share Sway.

Thank you for your consideration.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Export word

When Exporting to Word, can the Alt Text of an image automatically be the filename of the uploaded image (which is available in the Sway)?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Enable displaying images uploaded to Sway in the same resolution as original images.

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Sway にアップロードした画像について

Enable displaying images uploaded to Sway in the same resolution as original images.

■Description(内容):
    Sway に画像をアップロードすると、元の画像より低い画質で表示される。もとの画像と同じ画質で画像をアップロードし、表示できる機能を実装してほしい。

When uploading images to Sway, the images will be displayed in lower resolution than the original images.
    In order to improve usability, I hope the feature will be improved to enable uploading and displaying images to Sway in the same resolution as the original images.

Thank you for your consideration.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. to be able to incorporate tables, more options to format font and style, etc.

If this is supposed to be an interactive document, being able to add a table would be nice. Basically, anything from Word 1997 would be amazing.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Send a OneNote Page to Sway with Business Account

I have the Send to Sway add-in in my OneNote but when I select the option I am asked to login and it will only accept a personal Microsoft account and not my "official" school (Business) account. Can this be changed to allow all my teachers to use this feature?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. MULTIPLE IMAGES AND LOGOS

I really really hope that I could add multiple images or logos on the first page.

At least please make it possible to add 2 logos, 1 for my own organization, 1 for the client.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Full support for multiple levels of heading

Proper support for 2nd level headings on iPad as in the browser

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Archive presentations or add folders

I would like to be able to archive sways that I am not currently using but may need to refer to in the future or have folders so they can be sorted in to.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. signature capability

We use Proposify for company proposals and would like to use this instead. The primary difference is that a client can approve/sign the proposal provided. Is this something we can look toward or is there a workaround?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base