Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Send a OneNote Page to Sway with Business Account

I have the Send to Sway add-in in my OneNote but when I select the option I am asked to login and it will only accept a personal Microsoft account and not my "official" school (Business) account. Can this be changed to allow all my teachers to use this feature?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Different Text Size

You should be able to change your text size so you can fit everything on a single page.

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Archive presentations or add folders

I would like to be able to archive sways that I am not currently using but may need to refer to in the future or have folders so they can be sorted in to.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Have a directory of all Sway documents in my organization

The landing page for Sway today includes the following: Edited, Viewed, Deleted

I would like an additional category called "My Organization" which lists all of the Sway document that have been created.

Having one simple location to see all of the organizations Sway documents provides a way to check adoption/usage and also as a reference point for individuals wishing to create a new Sway.

This 'hub' would also server to promote knowledge sharing and highlight new content.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Some Ideas that could be useful

Sway it is pretty easy to use, and I am not a person too familiar with programming and anything like that, but I have some ideas for you guys,

1. Put a Social Networks buttons like Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.

2. Put a comment box or feedback to the author

3. It would be awesome if we had a little bit more fonts.

4. Also more layouts.

I would like to congratule you guys I like this app very much and also if something comes to my mind while I work on it I'll be make sure to tell you about it.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Classify and organize My Sways

When writing many Sways a better classification or organization of your Sways would be interesting. Tags or categories or folder like feature on "My Sways" page would be very helpful.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Sway service and actions to Microsoft Flow

If we have Sway service and actions at Microsoft Flow, it will be able to get any notifications like someone add Sway.
    It's similar to provide RSS feed on the blog post.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to Customize Heading Text and Position on Page

The remix feature is nice but I would like to choose the color for emphasis/general text and also placement on page. It may differ for each page and one size/format style does not work on all pages. The ability for more customization of text would be much appreciated.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. annotate

I want to present in sway and be able to annotate on top of the presentation and still be able to scroll to the next section. Currently when I do this in Edge I have to exit the annotation function to scroll and it resets the presentation.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Links in Sway - option to choose, if they open in new window

When following a link from one Sway to another sway, the linked one always opens in a new window. An option to choose, if a link (sway to sway) should open in a new browser window or should be opened in the same window would be helpful. Otherwise you end up with a lot of open IE windows.
    Thanks and regards,
    Fritz

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Stop automatic animation of images

Add the ability to STOP the automatic zooming in and out of images. Once an image has loaded, it continuously zooms in and out which is very distracting on a large projector where the image is the focus of that part of the presentation

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sway to have compatibility with USB presentation devices or have a Bluetooth phone app similar to Office Remote

I'd like to Sway to be compatible with USB presentation devices or maybe a Bluetooth phone app like Office Remote so that I can present Sways without having to stand behind a computer or look down at my tablet to move the Sway along. This would improve my presentations because I'd be able to move around during my presentations, engaging with more of my audience.

380 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Move sway across tenants or organizational units

If you work with multiple tenants it would be nice to be able to move your sways between them. Specially when you have template of sway and you would like to reuse it. Currently lot of people work in many organizations at the same time. If you want to change your tenant in O365 (because URLs are unfortunate) you want your sways with you.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Do you need have justfy option in the texts editor...

Option of edit text in justify format..

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Move presentation between accounts.

I would like to move a Sway presentation from my personal 365 account to my Enterprise 365 account.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. To see a rating and survey form that can be added to a sway newsletter for feedback.

The ability to be able to add a form for feedback and a survey. Also something that customers can rate a company or business with 1 to 5 stars. Thanks Microsoft! Sway rocks!
    Patrick G
    Easton, PA

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Create 'Shared Workspaces' to ease group editing of multiple Sways

Setting up to work collectively on a Sway newsletter can be a pain. Upon creation of a new newsletter each week, the creator has to invite every member of the team via an edit link.

My suggestion is a 'Shared Workspace' option which allows for multiple users to see the same collection of Sways. Ownership can be retained by the original author (and owner of the shared workspace), however when the author creates a new sway for the latest newsletter; members of this 'shared workspace' are automatically informed and given editing access.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Custom Start and End Times for YouTube videos

I'd love to see the ability to use custom start and end times for YouTube videos. This could be easily doable since these can be URL-encoded with the YouTube Link such as with "?t=5m44s" added to the end of the URL.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Speaker notes

Add speaker notes box.

Speaker notes should be able to be viewed in separate window (or synched on a separate device would be 100x better!!). I need all the help I can when I present.

146 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Use Sway without a Microsoft account

to use Sway without the obligation of opening a WIndows session with the microsoft account, only local account.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base