Sway Suggestion Box

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Different Text Size

You should be able to change your text size so you can fit everything on a single page.

79 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Audio to auto play.

when I start scrolling in sway, I want audio file to automatic play as I scroll.

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would like sway to be embed into email for marketing use. This programme has so much it could offer.

A way to embed or copy the HTML of the sway so I can use it for marketing newsletters. even copying the HTML for use with Dotmailer etc would be amazing.

69 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change the autoplay time for each individual card rather than one time for all cards text can take longer than titles.

Having one time for autoplay for all cards makes reading the title for 20 seconds boring for our users but then reading large text for 20 seconds makes it difficult. Being able to set the time for a title to 5 seconds but a text card for 30 would be advantageous.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Some Ideas that could be useful

Sway it is pretty easy to use, and I am not a person too familiar with programming and anything like that, but I have some ideas for you guys,

1. Put a Social Networks buttons like Facebook, LinkedIn, etc.
    2. Put a comment box or feedback to the author
    3. It would be awesome if we had a little bit more fonts.
    4. Also more layouts.

I would like to congratule you guys I like this app very much and also if something comes to my mind while I work on it I'll be make sure to tell you about it.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The ability to fine tune layouts, designs, typography, colors, and themes and more

Having the ability to be picky with the layout, designs,etc. as we have with PowerPoint would be awesome. Sway provides fantastic transitions and layouts that would suffice the general user, but having the power to modify specific details would be a game changer. The other idea would be the ability to export and download with compatibility with presentation software would be beneficial to a broad audience. Also have an option that the Sway can autoplay!

403 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Select Thumbnail for Uploaded Video

When uploading a video or selecting it from OneDrive, the video thumbnail appears to automatically generate, and not just from the first frame of the video.

The ability to select a different part of the video to serve as the thumbnail or upload a different picture entirely to serve as the thumbnail would be a great way to make videos look a bit more professional. Some of the videos of people I've uploaded have automatically captured the thumbnail with their face in less-than-desirable frames

170 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sway's ability to integrate with other accounts

Sways ability to integrate with other accounts such as google photos, picasa, icloud etc.

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Sway Team responded

Thanks for this suggestion! Which account would be the most important for you? How do you envision this integration – would it be to allow easier access to other documents, or to allow more different types of content in Sway?

9. Better offline support

Hello,
    My suggestion is to improve the offline mode for (at least) presenting without the Internet connection. It could be useful to have the possibility of presenting without Windows 10 app or even without any apps (to export it as flash, for example).

1,587 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    77 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Support Photosphere or 360 degrees panoramas

I really, really wish there is support of panoramas in Sway. This should include 360C photos as well as "normal" wide panoramas. Like in Google Photos or Flickr

81 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ll let you know when we start to make progress on supporting this feature.

11. Share Sways to LinkedIn

Seeing as Microsoft acquired LinkedIn could you make it easier to publish sways to my network.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Text-box Shading

Add the ability to add a background colour (with perhaps 60% transparency) behind your text so that it can be easily read against a background.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do this automatically for you to make the text more legible. If you have an example though where we’re not doing a good job, can you reply directly to this email notification with a screenshot (or with a link to the Sway)? Thanks!

13. Move sway across tenants or organizational units

If you work with multiple tenants it would be nice to be able to move your sways between them. Specially when you have template of sway and you would like to reuse it. Currently lot of people work in many organizations at the same time. If you want to change your tenant in O365 (because URLs are unfortunate) you want your sways with you.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Download Sway as a Flash file

sway should be able to be downloaded as a flash file to play arround and share.

68 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! How do you expect to use Flash versions of the Sway? Is this to help you present, play at a kiosk, post to Facebook…? Let us know in the comments!

15. Sway for Windows 8.1 and 8(or even 7)

i'm a high student and i really like Sway, it makes your presentation really cool, but unfortunately i can't save the document in my pc and it was suck becuse it only available on Windows 10. i hope you can bring sway to Windows 8.1 and 8

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Autoplay through a multiple sways in a playlist and loop as a continuous presentation

I would like to use sway to present stories of victories and recent achievements to people who come into my office on a casual basis, to keep people in the loop about what's been happening.

This would require creating a Sway for each victory story, and then creating a playlist of Sways which could auto-play through. It would be played on a loop setting on a TV in the office.

I think Sway would be a fabulous method to presenting and communitcating these stories, but without the ability to auto-play a sway, play through multiple sways in a playlist, and…

128 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We don’t support the ability to “create a playlist” but if you have an Office 365 subscription, you can now set your Sway to play automatically! If you are the author of the Sway, use the … to go to Settings for that Sway and turn auto-play on.

17. Custom font (for company branding)

For my business, a designer has chosen a certain font for my titles and another one for text. I use these fonts in all my communcation and media. So I would like to be able to add those fonts in Sway too, in that way my business style is repeated there as well, and recognizable.

698 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    47 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! We currently have plans to do this some time in the future. Continue to vote for it if this is important to you so we can prioritize it against all of the other work we’re doing. :)

18. Sway to have compatibility with USB presentation devices or have a Bluetooth phone app similar to Office Remote

I'd like to Sway to be compatible with USB presentation devices or maybe a Bluetooth phone app like Office Remote so that I can present Sways without having to stand behind a computer or look down at my tablet to move the Sway along. This would improve my presentations because I'd be able to move around during my presentations, engaging with more of my audience.

380 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We definitely empathize with wanting to be able to present Sways but not being stuck at a computer and keyboard.

19. Ambient audio/background music

I think sway would've been much better if it had a background audio feature

515 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We are pleased to announce that we now allow you to add audio with an audio card. This is the first step towards allowing background music. If you’d like to see any additional audio features, please open new suggestions to help us prioritize our future improvements in this space. :)

20. Deploy company templates

We'd like to be able to have a custom Sway template available for our Office 365 users to use to make Sway presentations.

161 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve released some templates in Sway in the web app (coming soon to Windows app and iOS app), and we’re already working on some improvements. We would greatly appreciate you taking this 2 minute survey to help us: http://www.instant.ly/s/XeU3G

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base