Sway Suggestion Box

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Choose from multiple paths trough my presentation

I dont want my presentation to be a single strand of information, but spontaneously decide which slide/card to go next according to the situation.
    If i could put links between cards of similar topic, i could choose where to go next during the presentation.
    So i can easily adjust my presentation acc. to different audiences, times and questions, without editing the presentation.

76 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Sway Team responded

This is definitely something we’d like to ultimately build for Sway! What types of scenarios do you see yourself building something like this? Personal stories? Reading materials sent out to colleagues or to a class? Something else? Let us know in the comments!

2. Can u make it easier to share

Can u make it easier to share

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. more granular layout control

ability to have more control over the layout

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Sway team wants to make content groups in Sway work better for you. We’d like to learn from you – whether you use groups in Sway, how you use them, what you like and what you’d like to see changed.

Please fill out this short survey to help us!
    https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbRymE30rVh0BOiw9HRUTVeDVUNkUyQlFYNlJSVUlDWkU1VEwwVklGWU9XWi4u

Also please tell us what types of layouts are you trying to achieve that Sway isn’t allowing you to do yet? Let us know in the comments!

Thanks!

4. Spellcheck

It would be great if we can enable spell checking when creating pages.

105 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Have you tried using the browsers alternate spelling suggestions when you’re creating a Sway? Are you running into any problems with this? Let us know in the comments!

5. Crop/edit photos in addition to specifying focus points

Cropping isn't just about picking what shows up in the Sway stream, it's also about eliminating/censoring parts of the picture so they can't be seen even when you drill in to the photo. When picking photos from one of my online accounts, it's super bandwidth intensive and time consuming to download a 1-5MB photo, open it in MSPaint etc, crop it, re-save it with a different filename, and upload it. Focus points are great, but they solve a different problem than cropping.

82 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sway should have Office ribbon

Hi, it would be just awesome if Sway could have the ribbon like it is in Office in general. This would make our work much more intuitive and effective. I think most of us agrees that ribbon was excellent idea.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this suggestion! What in the ribbon do you think would be good to add to Sway? Do you prefer the Win32 (Desktop) ribbon or the ribbon in the Universal app?

We’d like to keep Sway simple to use, but would like to know if there’s functionality you think would be good to add.

7. ...to search Sway presentations from within 365

To be able to search the Sway presentations of my organization within Office 365 and Yammer 365

93 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sway would have great potential as a digital signage system

I think Sway could have the building blocks for a great digital signage system. If Microsoft could release a "Enterprise" product where digital signage content could be created, and then be able to distribute them to TV's using a Windows 10 IoT device, that would be amazing. Storage of content could be either OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint or on premise server. Would need to separate the management of the connected Windows 10 IoT devices (IT department) from the content creators (your Communication department), then you got a great corporate digital sinage system.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Let people subscribe to sway presentations so they recieve alerts when presentations changes

Let people subscribe to sway presentations so they recieve alerts when presentations changes

197 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Do you frequently edit the same Sway and want to update your readers? Or do you publish multiple Sways to Docs.com and want to notify users when something new has been published? Let us know by leaving a comment! :)

10. Integrate Google Analytics Code

I would like to add the Google Anyltics tracking code.
    Adding the UA Code for my google Analytics profile, like Tumblr is doing it, would be a great way.

180 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! What types of analytics are most important to you? Let us know by leaving a comment!

11. Full Customization

Alright Mr. Sway-Decision-Maker, it's time for a reality check.

Customization is NEVER a bad idea. Sway seems like I'm being shoehorned into making a crap presentation with a great program. The program shows promise, however I won't be using it in the future unless full customization is implemented. From the other posts I've read, either nobody working on Sway has any idea how to implement that customization (which I don't believe), or they've got their head so far up their assess that they forgot how to let people innovate within a program. I'm currently just trying to add a frame…

93 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry to hear about your frustration. Sway is a new productivity tool striving to reinvent the way people work, and since Sway is still a fledgling product, there are things we’re still working on. That said, we typically follow this model: first, and foremost, we want design decisions to be automatic so that our customer isn’t obligated to spend copious amounts of time on fine grain details (for example, Sway will automatically crop your image). We came up with this automatic system by working with professional designers to try and find something that is broadly appealing. However, we know it doesn’t fit everyone, so we offer a set of overrides to help users tweak their Sway (in this same example, this would be the feature Focus Points). Finally, we want to allow customization of those overrides (in this same analogy, this would be the ability to manually crop the…

12. Vanity URLs/be able to mask the sway url with my own domain name

Sway can be used as a simple website builder... but it is missing one key feature: the ability to mask the url and use your own domain name. I get that you want to promote sway, and that will happen by letting people make great websites. I'd be willing to accept a sway watermark somewhere, if that would help you get your needs met.

1,289 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    70 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Changing the text size of individual cards

I know that Sway allows me to change the font size, but only for the whole presentation in general. I want to be able to change the font size of an individual text card so that it can be even more emphasized. Even then, I really like Sway. I hope this can be done!

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can change the emphasis of an entire text card by using the icon that has four corners with a larger square inside it right on the text card. Depending on your style and layout, the text may become bigger, offset, or have different colors, but it will be differentiated from other text in your Sway. If this doesn’t achieve what you’re hoping, let us know in the comments why you want to change the size of a particular text card. Thanks! :)

14. Get the ability to comment a Sway using Yammer

We are able to "share" a sway by clicking on a Yammer button, then it will launched a dialog box allowing us to post the Sway Link to a yammer conversation.

Is is possible to get some evolution on Sway to be able to Comment a Sway using Yammer (as example, by making the same thing as we have in Office Video : allowing user to comment a Video within a Yammer Conversation) like screenshot in attachment

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Speaker notes

Add speaker notes box.

Speaker notes should be able to be viewed in separate window (or synched on a separate device would be 100x better!!). I need all the help I can when I present.

155 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. "Hide" a card (Remove a part of the Sway without deleting)

I would like to be able to hide some cards without having to delete them. This would be very useful when showing a general Sway to a particular audience that might not be interested in some parts. It would also help when experimenting with various card arrangements to see which render the best in Preview mode.

245 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Safe Search

I would like a Safe Search feature that returns results that are consistent with Bings SafeSearch function.

Right now, it appears that Sway can return thumbnails of content which don't show up in Bing (or Google) searches (with SafeSearch) that are inappropriate in an academic environment.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you reply to this email letting us know what search query you were using when you got inappropriate material? By default, we have the search set to the strictest setting and only showing creative commons images, so we need to understand if this is broken. Because we have these settings set, you shouldn’t see the exact same results show up in Bing unless you mark similar settings. (And Google should return different results in general.)

18. Sways not indexed by Google

I created about 5 Sways, all public, but i am not able to find them via google search. The sways are live for a few month. Event if i search very specifically, i can only find tweets or other posts mentioning the sway, but never the sway itself.
    Found an older thread here on that topic, looked again and my sways are public for everyone. in the sourcecode i see a nofollow / no index tag.

thanks for help,
    rolf

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Use Sway without a Microsoft account

to use Sway without the obligation of opening a WIndows session with the microsoft account, only local account.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Digital Inking

I love Digital Inking and would like Sway to support it for quick drawing, graph, math and why not able to write on the go.

Also support for different colors of pen ink.

135 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base