Sway Suggestion Box

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Insert a live twitter hashtag or feed

I would like to be able to insert a twitter field, which I can set to a specific #hashtag, which would then show the e.g. newest 1-3 tweets.

74 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Linking within my Sway

I want to be able to use links to navigate within my Sway. Basically, the feature in Word that lets you choose to navigate to a place within your document.

1,882 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    91 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Sway Team responded

This survey is now closed. Thank you for all your responses.
    Hi Sway users, our engineers would like to learn about your experience using the product. If you are willing to talk to us, please fill out the survey at https://aka.ms/SwayEnthusiasts

3. Sway to be stored in O365

If an employee creates a new Sway from Office 365, the default location should be in a location that is manageable by the O365 Admins. Sway content needs to be treated just like any other business content.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tableau embeds??

I can't wait until you add Tableau Public as an embeddable function in Sway. I'm a news producer in New Orleans and I have begun using Sway for interactive news graphics. I also use Tableau for a wide range of graphics... so the sooner I can directly embed a Tableau dashboard in a Sway, the better. :)

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Format Navigation of Sections Separately (combine horizontal and veritcal navigation)

I would like the ability to change the formatting of the navigation for individual sections, allowing me to scroll up and down between sections, but right and left in a particular section (or vice-versa). Right now it is an all one way or the other.

156 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add audio narration to a sway picture

add voice narration to images and/or sway documents like word excel ppt, for example want to comment on an image to explain to students/viewers more details about it

187 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We are pleased to announce that we now allow you to add audio with an audio card. This is the first step towards allowing narration and linking it with a picture. If you’d like to see any additional audio features, please open new suggestions to help us prioritize our future improvements in this space. :)

7. automatically display picture captions next to picture

Captions pictures should display automatically next to the picture. Do not require viewer to click the picture to see the related caption.

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Almost all picture captions are displayed next to the picture (or on the picture). There are some exceptions (for example, when the picture takes the whole screen, users will have to scroll slightly. Or if the picture is part of something interactive, there’s a button to reveal the caption). Are you concerned about the image location not being shown unless the user clicks the image (the link of the site where the picture was obtained)? Let us know in the comments!

8. An option to turn off slide animation

The current lowest setting of animation style is too high for professional use. It distracts from content. Especially distracting is seeing the same animation for more than 5 slides. A "No slide animation" would be a great option.

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ll work on making sure that lower animation levels are available for all styles and navigation formats in Sway.

9. Data Tables

Sway absolutely needs the ability to include data tables of some sort. Similar to Word or PPT.

There is basically no way to present numeric data in Sway right now which makes it mostly useless as a business presentation tool.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More formatting and layout options

Would be nice to see some "traditional" layout tools such as tables or text justification options to further help swayers(?) design. Thanks!

Additionally, it would be really awesome if we could edit the text blocks differently. Like have one be one font size, whereas another is a different color.

Italic, Colors, Fonts, Size, Forms etc.
    Paste images from other websites (without putting them on OneDrive\Documents\Sway)
    Copy/Paste without the security message
    Resizeable pictures
    Drag and drop the structure in the preview
    An interactive summary

855 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This survey is now closed. Thank you for all your responses.
    Hi Sway users, our engineers would like to learn about your experience using the product. If you are willing to talk to us, please fill out the survey at https://aka.ms/SwayEnthusiasts

11. Embedding (public) Facebook posts

I'm preparing a Sway about the use of Social Media and it would be very nice to be able to embed public Facebook posts (e.g. from FB pages) similar to the ability to embed Tweets.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Are you interested in searching through all public posts or are you more interested in things you and your friends have posted? Let us know by leaving a comment. :)

12. Sway for Enterprise Sales ( B2B ) Scenarios ( Pre-Built Clean / Metro Templates )

Sway for Enterprise Sales Usage:

Would love to have pre-built professional looking SWAY templates that would be clean/metro, low effects/animation, and automatically do things that would brand the presentation as BY a company or FOR a company:

-Drag and drop company or client logo and SWAY will automatically drop in corners to brand the current section.

-Static side-bar: lists sections of the SWAY to quickly hop forward/backward or to a particular section (or update!)

-Static sidebar customization support: Would be great to have sales rep name, picture and contact info planted at bottom of sidebar, along with links to their…

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Great suggestions! It’d be helpful to gauge how successful each idea is if you break it up into single ideas for people to vote on in this forum.

13. Merge

Can you introduce feature to merge two sways.

101 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. qr code

I'd like the option of having my sway URL encoded in a big sized QR code and having it automatically inserted at the end of the sway.

This is useful because when I present to an audience, I thought of not giving handouts to people anymore. Instead I would generate a giant QR code, encoding my Sway address, and put it in the Sway last page.

93 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. More options when resizing pictures

I would like to have more control over the picture sizes. It seems that there are only three options now: large, larger, and huge. Sometimes a small clipart is really all that is necessary to express an idea, and it doesn't need to fill an entire slide to get the point across. From a mobile perspective, percentage sizing would be very useful, so that the designer could specify how much of the screen should be devoted to a specific picture.

It should also be easier to embed pictures within the text rather than include them only as stand-alone content.

A…

545 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Yammer Feed to Sway

Add the ability to insert Yammer conversations from Corporate Network to Sway

126 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 650 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  69 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve Twitter Integration Workflow (i.e.. Import More Tweets With Fewer Clicks)

I recently tried to create Sway using a TweetStorm (of about 100 Tweets). I thought the Sway platform would be ideal to document this TweetStorm (great formatting and design options); I quickly found out that importing the 100 Tweets into Sway was going to be an exercise in futility. Each tweet requires 4 steps to import into Sway!
    Needless to say, I quickly abandoned Sway and switched to Storify because I could import all 100 Tweets with just one click.

So to fix this problem, I think you need to relook at how Sway integrates with Twitter Content. Especially with…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Remove share links from presentation

As a business user it is vital that our presentation is not shared on social sites or anywhere else. The option to only share with certain people is not am option either, we simply need the ability to embed the sway and have people view on our website. I think its a great app but until we have the ability to secure our contents as most other business apps do it is a non starter.......such a waste from what is such a great idea.

32 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Save Sways to OneDrive

Save sways to OneDrive. Maybe in a way which is similar to OneNote (just a "link" to the notebook is sync, and the content "per se" is online. In the same way, just a link to the sway gets sync to the PC).

This way, the standard sharing features of OneDrive could be used by Sway.

If I put a Sway in a shared folder, everyone who can see that folder could see the Sway.

599 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    56 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for sharing. Can you help us understand a bit of why you would want to Save to OneDrive? Is it for sharing or is it for offlne access? Are there other services you would want to save to? Why?

Interesting idea— please drop a comment if you like this idea as well.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base