Sway Suggestion Box

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Playing sway presentation on computer without any installed Office application

When your presentation is done, you would like to show it.
    But machine for presentation may not have a office application for that.
    After that you lose your star time.

Package with sway may be .exe, just copy on flash drive and play from it.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate it with Microsoft Powerpoint

I tried making a sway (or whatever you call to the product of this software) and found that it is an easy way of organizing your thoughts when doing a presentation.

Instead of putting your ideas in "Outline" in Microsoft PowerPoint, I think organizing it this way (I mean the sway way XD) makes it more easier and adorable.

77 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Sway Team responded

Thanks for the feedback! How do you imagine Sway integrating with PowerPoint? Do you want to be able to convert one to the other? What functionality would you expect to see in Sway or in PowerPoint if they were integrated? Let us know in the comments! :)

3. MP4 video support

MP4 video support. I can't use any videos taken on my Android phone without recoding them. Not much used without this format

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You should be able to upload mp4 files using Sway with an MSA account. We are currently working on supporting video uploads for Office 365 users, and this functionality is coming soon!

4. Keep format of slide when uploading PowerPoint to Sway

Could I upload the slides as tiles instead of Sway taking the objects apart? I uploaded a pre-existing presentation and it pulled all of the object out of the slide, including background images.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ll be working on improving PPT importation in the future. If anything else appears broken, let us know by leaving a comment. That way we can make sure we’re addressing all known issues when we work on improving this. :)

5. Card Break or Line Break

Text on a text card immediately following an image card continues directly below/beside the image card rather than beginning as a new card.
    Option to force next card to start in the place of the next card and not inline as it were.

I have a horizonal scrolling sway and text is appearing below images where I would like it to appear beside it where the next card belongs.

90 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Browse sways from my organization, or appear in DELVE /Office 365/

Its very compatible if the sways created by our organization is could be explored through DELVE or Sharepoint site, since its part of knowledge sharing so why not to let it be exploreable, manageable
    Maybe you guys already doing something great about it,

Sway is great to use. I love it

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Align text to the right

I would like to align text to the right. How can I do that?

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Why do you want to align your text to the right? Let us know in the comments!

8. Control picture caption position

control where text goes from picture caption

26 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Why do you want to control the caption’s position? Why don’t you like where it currently is? Do you simply want more variety or is there something you don’t like about how it is placed currently? Let us know in the comments!

9. Text formatting neceseary for scientific or mathematical equations

I'm writing a scientific description of metabolic processes, and I'd like to be able to have superscripts and scientific characters (alpha, beta, gamma), multiplication via "dot" symbol etc. For example, I'd like to write -57 kJ * mol-1 and have that formatted automatically by Sway. I suspect that there will be some folks who will want to use Sway to present technical information, and this would be super helpful. Additionally, I'd like to just type things vs. having to use UI to generate the symbols that I want. So for example, I'd like to type delta G prime = -57…

398 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    36 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Good points! We will keep on working on ensuring that our users are able to use Sway in professional/educational scenarios.

10. Change position of text so it doesn't overlap vital part of title or heading photo

It would be great if the text on a Header were movable so that it would not block a vital part of the header photo.

98 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! What about that part of the image made it vital to you? Is the text over someone’s head or a graph that you’re trying to show off? Let us know in the comments!

11. Search 'my' Flickr photos

It's great that I can search Flickr for images, however unless I've tagged my images as CC I can't find them. If I could log in to Flickr and have my images and albums right there in the images pane then I could get my images straight into my sways without having to download them and then re-upload them.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you’re signed in using your personal Microsoft account (and not an organization Office 365 account), you should see a button that says “Connect to view your Flikr content.” By connecting this account, you’ll be able to see your images.

12. Work without signing in to an account.

1. Get rid of the requirement to sign into a Microsoft Account to use this product.
    2. Stop storing stuff in the cloud by default. Sure, it makes sense as an option. But why throw away a huge segment of your potential customer base?

As it stands, this product is useless to me. And I've never even used it. Until I can create documents on my own system and keep them there, I'll have to pass.

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! To your first point, we appreciate the suggestion and we are considering lifting this in the future. To your second point, it’s hard to answer concisely here, but please check out this answers forum post where the General Manager of Sway laid out a lot of thinking around this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_sway-sway_create/sway-file-management/cd2678ee-bae5-431f-ac86-30cd63d15d4f?auth=1 . Thanks! :)

13. Play from a specific card (instead of from the beginning)

Option of "Play from the last card I played", rather than from the beginning each time.

I'd like the option of being able move from Storyline to "Play from the last card I played", rather than go back to "Play from the beginning" each time. If I'm editing on card 24 and want to see how it works with the preceding and following card, I don't want to have to Play from card 1.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We agree that it would be really helpful to start from a particular place in the Sway rather than from the beginning each time.

14. image size

How are image sizes imported (size/resolution)? I've tested various formats and I can't seem to find a consistency here.

Could you add a way to make an image smaller? Each image I've imported can be edited to make larger but not smaller, and some are being imported much larger than they are. Emphasize seems to be on Subtle by default.

Having suggested that, I'm impressed by the program. Great work!

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve made some improvements that include if an image has a small resolution, we won’t blow it up to a larger size by default. Thanks for the feedback!

15. Better content management

At the moment writing text offers very basic functionalities. I would like to have more options to enter text like possibility to change character style (italic, underline, linethrough, double-line).

Better handling of images in the flow with the possibility to have text adapt around the image and have images positioned in different ways with respect to the text flow. This should be applied to any media actually: twitter posts, videos etc.

95 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! Make sure you submit votes for the text formatting idea to cover your first point.

16. 67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! What kind of interactivity do you want to create? How do you plan to use calculations? Let us know in the comments! :)

17. Insert objects like tables or figures

It would be very useful to insert not only images but tables or figures created in situ

264 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option to add a navigation menu

please add the ability to add/edit navigation menus

113 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Interesting suggestion! Do you envision this being similar to a table of contents (with links to respective sections of a Sway)? Or more so like arrows that tell you which way to navigate through content? Or even like a navigation bar on a website that allows you to navigate to separate, non-connected parts of the same Sway? Let us know in the comments!

19. Sway API

It would be great if Sway offered an API.

I would LOVE to have tools to make templates or styles and give them out or at least edit my own sways in an advanced mode.

373 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Interesting. Ok- if Sway offered an API what would you love for it to do and what would you expect to do with it?

Drop a line in the comments below!

20. Image Vectorization (like Vector Magic)

Issue: I've got several smaller 200x200px images (some happen to include text) and when I place these images as a heading picture they get blown up in size way beyond what they should be on a 1080p monitor. Edges are not sharp, text is extremely pixelated and all the typical problems which happen when a small picture is arbitrarily scaled by several hundred percent.

This may not be a feature for Sway specifically, but the ability to vectorize an image and/or use vector images would be of some benefit to users. It's certainly not the most elegant possible solution, though…

27 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! We appreciate you sharing your suggestion. This would be good to make sure that Sways always look good across devices.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base