Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ANALYTICS

The analytics is not really working as described.
    It provides only the summarized information without the ability to have a
    detailed view.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hide sharing option to external services when sharing Sway

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Sway 共有時に表示される外部サービスへの共有を非表示にする機能の拡充要望

Hide sharing option to external services when sharing Sway
    ■Description(内容):
    Sway 共有時に "リンクを知っている人は誰でも" を選択すると、Facebook 等の外部サービスへの共有を選択可能となるが、この項目を非表示にする設定の機能拡張を要望します。

If we selected “Anyone with the link” when sharing Sway with other users, we will be able to share items at external services such as Facebook. We need this option to be hidden, therefore, add setting to hide this option as needed.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow form filers to upload files

Allow third party users accessing a Sway to upload a file onto the platform. It would be preferable if this option were connected to the forms that we embed into the platform.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sway forum or site feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Siemens Library for SWAY

Hi all,

I'd like to know how can I make my SWAY look great using Siemens Library pictures.
    Could you please guide me to Siemens Library?

Many thanks,
    Doroteia Vaduva

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Insertion of Periods

There are bugs in the placement of periods. I've opened a support ticket (Ticket #:15709374) with MS. See, the video, available at
    https://tinyurl.com/yyvlkoox

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. data storage to move within EU

Today our sway is not stored within EU, that forces us to block Sway, so we can't use it! Please move the storage of sway for EU installations to servers within EU.

https://products.office.com/en-us/where-is-your-data-located?geo=Europe

136 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. A way to organise my SWAYS

Sway has replaced PPT and Prezi for me in my teaching, and I can see it being useful for students to help them create and populate reports and assignments, but until Microsoft find a way of allowing users to organise and file Sways in their own folders it will frustrate the **** out those with multiple files. Why can't this be added to the My Sways options? surely it would not be a big task?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. SWAY Navigation

Is there a way (even with code) to embed the navigation view of a sway into a site?

Would you know if this is available or coming?

See attached for example.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. direct link to table of content

Is there any way to open a Sway directly with the table of Contents? Maybe some Parameter in the URL would be sufficient. The ToC view is a great start for our Readers and should be somehow accessible directly by either modifying the url parameter or setting it as default view in Sway.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Change position of Logo

It would be great if there was a setting for the logo to be in one of say 10 positions. Currently in my presentation I insert a logo and it's right in the lower middle of the header image which goes over part of the focus point. Would be great if we had the option of top right, bottom right, middle right, middle, top middle, bottom middle, left top, left middle, left bottom.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Visual Link in Texts

We would like the option to copy and paste a visual link through text as well as email. Currently, all that pastes is plain text and that is not ideal for sending a Sway to clients who prefer to communicate through text rather than email.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. CONVERT A SWAY TO A GIF

I would like to see the sway converted into a animated .gif. So animation is not lost and my customer doesn't have to follow link to view the sway when inserted in an email, but also be able to had a hyperlink associated with the .gif that is referenced within the sway (my company website). One less click and less loading time.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Additional card options

It would be good to see continued development of card types for additional media. There are only the Heading 1, Heading 2, and Text cards, but a third Heading card might be useful, or perhaps the idea of subtext cards that could be laid on top of other text cards (for placing footnotes, links to resources, or other additional information. It could even be useful to think of cards specifically dedicated to columns (up to 3 on a whole text card perhaps) which could be deliberately dragged and adjusted for width (similar to the comparison card slider). Other kinds of…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Scroll vertically in Chrome

Currently when viewing a Sway in Chrome, vertical scrolling does not work on the page, just on the scroll bar on the side, or if touch screen, using touch. Please make vertical scrolling with a scroll wheel work with Chrome! (I've had this issue on multiple PCs, including Surface, and with multiple mice, including a Microsoft mouse)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. embed any website

yeah I just want to embed a site , for example on this morbidity and mortality conference I'd rather put a guideline i could actively scroll to on the website than a boring pdf ..just would be cool!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Title

Hi guys. Just a bit of feedback on the titles -
    The Sway title from the first slide is not necessary the name you want to call the Sway in your personal library / Home page.
    Also, if your typical title slide for whatever reason is just a photo, you end up having a number of Untitled Sways in your library.
    It would be good to have Rename option included in Settings, where the library title would be independent of the slide contents.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Déplacer les sway sur un autre compte ou espace de stockage mobile

Pouvoir sauvegarder le fichier sway sur un disque dur ou une cle usb.
    La possibilité de déplacer le sway sur un autre compte office 365.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Use Sway to create a knowledge base

I would like to use sway to create my articles in my knowledge base. To make this work I would need SharePoint libraries to accept sway documents as a standard type. This would allow metadata tags for categories and also full text search capabilities.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. signature

I would like to use sway to disseminate my company policies and procedures and I would like to include some way for the employee to acknowledge that they have read and understand. It would be nice if an email notification could be sent when a sway was acknowledge and if there was an audit trail that was kept to record each acknowledgement. I would really be cool if you could version the sway and it would automatically highlight the differences between the current and last version of the document for users that have read them both.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base