Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Screen Recording

I found I had no way to use Sway to record the screen in animated way for a presentation that required it to be filmed/pre-shot. In the end I used VLC media player to record the screen. It worked well enough but would have been streamlined with the aid of Sway built in screen recorder or animator. :)

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customize the URL on sway just slightly.

Customize the URL on sway just slightly. Just enough to make it a little more personal.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Annotate Sway

Hi
    I would like to be able annotate Sway so that I am able to use it as a teaching tool when I am teaching remotely, rather than ppt.
    Please please put this in!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add background music to sway

Add background music to sway

59 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. More fonts for specific storytelling themes

Wider selection of fonts, especially "historic" fonts e.g. JSL Ancients/Apocrypha, and also transport fonts like Johnston100 (London tube font), NY Subway or ability to upload font files for my account

For guidance as to range of impactful fonts that would be desirable, please consult "The non-designers design book" and the "The non-designers presentation book" both by Robin WIlliams.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enhance sway layouts

Enhance Sway's layouts by taking ideas from "The non-designers design book" and the "The non-designers presentation book" both by Robin WIlliams. This may need a few more alignment features for text on cards

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. fonts

Wider selection of fonts, especially "historic" fonts e.g. JSL Ancients/Apocrypha, and also transport fonts like Johnston100 (tube font), NY subway or ability to upload font files for my account

For guidance as to range of impactful fonts that would be desirable, please consult "The non-designers design book" and the "The non-designers presentation book" both by Robin WIlliams.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. embed h5p

Hi,
    Could we please enable embedding H5P.com content on Sway please? We use Sway for education and we need to be able to embed H5P's interactive content on Sway.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. compare sways

I seem to end up with several versions fo the same sway - I don't know how this happens and would like not to do it. But now I have says that look the same (all edited on the same date) I appear to have no way knowing which is "better". A compare feature might help - keep the one that has the most content.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Indy CR

Indy CR จำหน่ายขายคีย์ Windows 10 Pro และ ขาย Key Microsoft office 365 - 2016 - 2019 https://www.indycrwindowskey.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. clickable table of content on top

Have a clickable table of content on top iso only the navigation icon - this would enable me to use sway to create modern training manual, ie users can see the headers of my subsections and navigate quickly to the content they need.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Immersive Reader for Sway

The Immersive Reader found in Word and OneNote and other places is amazing. Please bring the immersive reader to Sway. As a presentation and teaching tool, this would substantially improve the accessibility of Sway content. The translation and dynamic visual formatting features would be most valuable.

340 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Flowery Branch Home Remodeling

Website
    https://flowerybranchhomeremodeling.com/
    Keyword
    home remodeling, kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling, home renovations
    Description
    Thanks for visiting your local Home Remodeling contractor in Flowery Branch, Georgia. We are dedicated to bringing you the highest quality Home Remodeling services at the most affordable rates. Offering No-Hassle Free Estimates.
    Business Address

4730 Hog Mountain Rd
    Flowery Branch, GA
    Business Email
    intrepidleadgens@gmail.com
    Business Phone
    678-710-8616

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a border to images and videos within sway

When I insert image/video can I have the option to add borders around them. When there is a photo stack sometimes the photos could do with a border

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Regarding download of images on Sway

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Sway に載せた画像のダウンロードについて
    Regarding download of images on Sway

■Description(内容):
    Sway を外部ユーザーと共有した時に、Sway に載せた画像をダウンロードして保存することを制御したいです。

しかしながら、現時点では、組織内、外部に関わらず、画像のダウンロードを制御する設定がありません。
    画像のダウンロードを制御する機能の追加と、すべて可、すべて不可、組織内のみ可 (外部不可)、特定のユーザーを指定して可、など運用にあわせて柔軟な制御ができるように要望します。​
    We want to control the download and saving of images on Sway when sharing Sway with external users.

However, currently there is no setting to control the download of images regardless of within the organization or externally.
    We hope that a feature will be implemented to control the download of images, along with the ability to change the restrictions flexibly according to operation needs, like All downloadable, All not downloadable, Downloadable only for within organization (no external), Downloadable only for specified…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sway forum or site feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. zoom picture deactivate

I want to deactivate the zoom function when I uploaded the picture. sometimes it is not necessary for making a real website for some requirements. It is better to show the options for the users to activate or deactivate the zoom function when showing picture.
    Thank you

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Aqua Force Pressure Washing LLC

Website
    http://www.aquaforcewashing.com/
    Keyword
    Pressure Washing, Power Washing, House Washing, Roof Cleaning, Gutter Cleaning
    Description
    Aqua Force Pressure Washing LLC is a full service pressure washing company serving the Dayton and surrounding area. We offer house washing, building washing, gutter cleaning, concrete cleaning, concrete sealing, and much more. We service residential and commercial properties.
    Address
    729 bellows drive
    New Carlisle OH
    phone
    (937) 694-4430
    Monday hours
    07:00-19:00
    Tuesday hours
    Wednesday hours
    Thursday hours
    Friday hours
    Saturday hours

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add more variety with design of the templates

Once you have selected a template you cannot then change the font colours. This makes things difficult when trying to design newsletters around our own 'theme'

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Boggy Creek Airboat Adventures

Business Name;
    Boggy Creek Airboat Adventures
    URL;
    https://bcairboats.com
    Keywords;
    Airboat Rides, Airboat Tours, Native American Village, Indian Village, Where to see Alligators, Best BBQ restaurant
    Description;
    Orlando's best airboat rides will take you on an airboat tour though breathtaking beauty of the wetlands, swamps while searching for turtles, birds, alligators and more in their natural habitat. Night time Airboat tours, you can even drive an airboat yourself. Don't miss out on the live Alligators, the Native American Village, and the best BBQ restaurant in Orlando.
    Full Address;

2001 E. Southport Rd.
    Kissimmee,FL,34746
    Phone;
    407-344-9550
    Business Email;
    info@bcairboats.com
    Year Found;
    26 …

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in