Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Progress meter for viewers

For larger sways it would be nice for the viewers to have some sense of how much is yet to be seen.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Insert Visio Diagrams as native content

I think I can use sway for compelling presentation of technical and business information, but much of my content is in Visio and exporting to raster format like PNG to import in Sway is far from ideal (poor zoom in / details experience, large file size).

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Options like in Canva or Prezi

m not sure what the direction of this tool eventually will be. Right now it lacks everything that would make it useful for business presentations. I'm a PPT user since version 1 of PowerPoint and maybe too spoiled. But if you need ideas for useful functionality/features and ease of use, just look at Canva (canva.com) or Prezi (prezi.com). A lot of things being asked in this forum are available in these tools already and I'm convinced that these are just two of the tools you're competing with. But then again, you might have a total different idea where you want…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! As you have pointed out, a lot of key functionality is missing while we are in Preview. We value working closely with our users as we continue to build and develop Sway so we can incorporate this feedback, Which missing features do you think are the most important? Please let us know in the comments!

4. More OneNote functionality in Sway

When looking at the current OneNote look, feel and handling it just does not feel like it is a part of the new road Microsoft is walking on. I believe that integrating functions from OneNote into Sway the whole new Microsoft experience will have a streamlined tool which fits in just right.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Watermark to completed Sway

Add a logo / watermark on a completed sway to keep our content to from being replicated without permission.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. ideal sway output

it would be awesome and amazing if sway could enable me to have same effects as this website.

http://www.asus.com/my/NotebooksUltrabooks/ASUSTransformerBookT100TA/overview/

thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Responsive Text

I realize that this is optimized for Mobile, which is awesome, but when you are viewing the Storyline the text does not extend the entire width of the page, looks to be about 50% of the page. It would be nice for it to have the same layout across all screens.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Set the height of the iframe

I don't have a problem with embedding the iFrame into my blog but I want to be able to view the entire Sway in the iFrame and not have scrolling. I am using Tumblr and that may be the cause of the issue. But Tumblr could be a platform that Sway will thrive on ... I would love to be able to embed straight to Tumblr from Sway.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add a background video

Not just photos/images as background... videos in order to personalize my sway and make it more dynamic!

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Delete multiple Sways simultaneously

Please allow me to delete multiple sways at one time. I had to delete each sway individually. It would make the experience of organising my sways much easier.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Media Interaction (audio, video, etc.)

I don't just want audio playback. I want the user to interact with the audio that's going on. For an example, let's say I have 3 objects in my sway. Clicking one switches to a different mp3 at the same timestamp as a different mp3. I'm a composer. So this would allow a user to have 3 options, "more action", "less action" and "normal playback". I would have 3 mp3's that are similar but different on the back end. This way the user could "interact" with the audio. This is a very specific example, I know. But I'm not suggesting…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automatic page size optimization

In most cases, page sliding does not show distinctly separated single slide. I agree that this feature can be a merit of sway. However, it produces too much redundancy in a slide, particularly cut edge or cut text on the right side when proceeding to the next page, finally depressing readability and clean web design.
    This feature hampers clear cut presentation as we can easily find in powerpoint sildeshow or turning a single page to next page in reading books.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. More dynamic text

While trying Sway, I noticed that the entered text could not move freely like in ppt.

A subindex of types of letters as you write would be great to improve the partnership with development.

Original:

Saludos desde chile, mi idea de mas dinamismo al texto

Al probar sway note que el texto ingresado no lo podia mover libremente como en ppt.
    un subindice de tipos de letras mientras se escribe seria genial para mejorar la amistad con el desarrollo.
    Pero los felicito por el desarrollo, seguire probando para ayudar en su prontas mejoras.

Simon Reyes
    Chile

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to add text on top of a video/pictures

I would love to see the ability to add text on top of a video or picture when creating a vertical page.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! Out of curiosity, have you added photos to your headers or title cards? Is this the type of effect you are requesting? Or are you hoping to get more of a subtitle or caption, but overlaid on the picture or the video. Let us know in the comments!

16. Add Notes to Images

As I'm working on a lengthy sway, I have many images in a OneDrive folder. It would be great to be able to add notes or tag the images to help organize things a little easier. Folders could work, but makes picking them for use in the sway tedious.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! We know that if you have lots of content in your OneDrive, it can be unruly. Could you help us better understand the scenario? What types of things would you want in these notes and what would the desired result be? (For example, are you imagining being able to search within your OneDrive for content based on these self-specified notes/tags?) Let us know in the comments!

17. The ability to upload larger images

The first thing I tried was uploading a 5MB image from shutterstock. It failed miserably.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to add webcontent via URL (e.g. Images, Videos, etc)

It would be nice if we could go out to the web a pull an image from Bing Images or if we found a YouTube video that we would want to incorporate and we can just simply paste in the URL into the element to embed it in our sway then having to search or upload a local file.

For the image from URL it could put a reference on the image somewhere as to what website it was from to not infringe on any copy rights.

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The Date on The Sway Should REMAIN the Created Date

The Date on The Sway Should REMAIN the Created Date. Currently when you UPDATE a Sway date changes, giving the appearance that the date was CREATED on the new MODIFIED date. Maybe both dates, PUBLISH DATE, and EDIT/MODIFIED date can be displayed.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Preview videos before inserting into Sway

I Would like to be able to preview a video when creating a sway. Currently the only way to see the Video is to insert it and play it in the Sway to see if the video is what you desire OR to open another tab, search YouTube and pkay the video there.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base