Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Offline Mode for Sway

Would there be a way to save a Sway offline? Many conferences have little or no dependable wireless, which is also true for many schools. Offline mode would be helpful. I'm not sure if it can be done since it is dynamically rendering to different device types, but a "PDF" like snapshot mode would be helpful.

1,145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    83 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Multilanguage support within the Sway itself

Sometimes I´d like to share ideas with people around the globe (especially in my professional life). So it would be great to have the chance to add textboxes in different languages and a toogle-switch within my sway.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve (slow) loading time/start-up performance...

The initial display of a Sway takes quite long time to display (as compared to a conventional web page)

Please improve Sway initial display start-up time. Especially on mobile devices with less CPU power. Some sort of server caching for the initial page view would be really appreciated.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. More formatting and layout options

Would be nice to see some "traditional" layout tools such as tables or text justification options to further help swayers(?) design. Thanks!

Additionally, it would be really awesome if we could edit the text blocks differently. Like have one be one font size, whereas another is a different color.

Italic, Colors, Fonts, Size, Forms etc.
    Paste images from other websites (without putting them on OneDrive\Documents\Sway)
    Copy/Paste without the security message
    Resizeable pictures
    Drag and drop the structure in the preview
    An interactive summary

778 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Insert a 3D PDF with navigation

Ability to insert 3D models. One way is with 3D PDFs. Maybe there are HTML versions that could be embedded.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sort or filter content in OneDrive

Having > 1000 pictures in one onedrive folder, it's kinda impossible to find the ones I want to embed into a sway. So please add options as they are available in onedrive (list/thumbnails) and allow sorting by name, size, date (ascending & descending) and as in onedrive, allow storing the sort type. And maybe even add a filter for date, to limit display to a specific period.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now use the search bar to search the metadata of your OneDrive content to help find what you need! We’ll keep this idea open though to track actually creating filters like you describe. Thanks for the feedback!

8. YouTube thumbnails

More of a question than an idea. When we insert a YouTube video, the thumbnail looks blurry. Is Sway grabbing the custom thumbnail presented by YouTube, or finding a random frame to use in the video as the thumbnail?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Bigger scroll button on L-R views

I have my Sway layout right now going from left to right, and I can use the little scroller in the middle of my mouse to easily browse through the photos. However, for those without one of the scrollers on their mouse, or not knowing they can use that to view the images, the < and > buttons in the lower right should be a little bigger (hey, I know how it works but lots of people are a bit slower), and I also wish they would respond a bit quicker when you do click on them, as there is…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 500px in Add Content pane

It will be great if you could integrate services like 500px.com and Flickr.om it is a great oppt to get all the photographers to create on Sway

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Change state of elements (such as on hover or on seelct)

It would be great to have a bit more control on text elements, like when hovering or selecting a text element, have it change color, go bold or italicize...You could also do this with photos, like pop up photo credits on hover...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Accordion Tabs

Accordion 3-tabs that allow you to create content that you can highlight based on selections.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Share to Sway

The possibility to share to Sway from as many other apps as possible. I would expect at least all Microsoft programs being able to share to Sway.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Pen or Stylus support

Is pen support added? I am thinking at Surface users like me :-)

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sway API

It would be great if Sway offered an API.

I would LOVE to have tools to make templates or styles and give them out or at least edit my own sways in an advanced mode.

275 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sway Slogan - Share What Animates You

I think a phenomenal slogan for SWAY would be "Share What Animates You."

Captures the animation aspect and the social aspect of SWAY.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Set photo as background image for entire Sway

It would be great if the user could set a custom background (e.g. a photo or color) which is always shown as the background. Text and other content in a Sway would appear in front of this background.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Clear structure/dividing lines

I have done many presentations with PowerPoint and in my experience, people need clear structures to understand the content. I believe that e.g. dividing lines between the sections could make the structure (especially in the Panorama Layout) more understandable. That way viewers would know immediately when the next section begins and what belongs to what.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Photo caption font should match text style

I added a caption to a photo, but it looks jarring and out of place because the text style is different than other blocks of text in my Sway.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Linkable pictures

I'd like to have images optionally linkable so viewers can click on them to go to other pages I want to direct them to. Somewhat like Pinterest, I guess.

174 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base