Sway Suggestion Box

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Vanity URLs/be able to mask the sway url with my own domain name

Sway can be used as a simple website builder... but it is missing one key feature: the ability to mask the url and use your own domain name. I get that you want to promote sway, and that will happen by letting people make great websites. I'd be willing to accept a sway watermark somewhere, if that would help you get your needs met.

1,289 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    70 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More formatting and layout options

Would be nice to see some "traditional" layout tools such as tables or text justification options to further help swayers(?) design. Thanks!

Additionally, it would be really awesome if we could edit the text blocks differently. Like have one be one font size, whereas another is a different color.

Italic, Colors, Fonts, Size, Forms etc.
    Paste images from other websites (without putting them on OneDrive\Documents\Sway)
    Copy/Paste without the security message
    Resizeable pictures
    Drag and drop the structure in the preview
    An interactive summary

855 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Gathering Feedback  ·  Sway Team responded

This survey is now closed. Thank you for all your responses.
    Hi Sway users, our engineers would like to learn about your experience using the product. If you are willing to talk to us, please fill out the survey at https://aka.ms/SwayEnthusiasts

3. Custom font (for company branding)

For my business, a designer has chosen a certain font for my titles and another one for text. I use these fonts in all my communcation and media. So I would like to be able to add those fonts in Sway too, in that way my business style is repeated there as well, and recognizable.

689 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    47 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! We currently have plans to do this some time in the future. Continue to vote for it if this is important to you so we can prioritize it against all of the other work we’re doing. :)

4. More options when resizing pictures

I would like to have more control over the picture sizes. It seems that there are only three options now: large, larger, and huge. Sometimes a small clipart is really all that is necessary to express an idea, and it doesn't need to fill an entire slide to get the point across. From a mobile perspective, percentage sizing would be very useful, so that the designer could specify how much of the screen should be devoted to a specific picture.

It should also be easier to embed pictures within the text rather than include them only as stand-alone content.

A…

542 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Insert objects like tables or figures

It would be very useful to insert not only images but tables or figures created in situ

264 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Select Thumbnail for Uploaded Video

When uploading a video or selecting it from OneDrive, the video thumbnail appears to automatically generate, and not just from the first frame of the video.

The ability to select a different part of the video to serve as the thumbnail or upload a different picture entirely to serve as the thumbnail would be a great way to make videos look a bit more professional. Some of the videos of people I've uploaded have automatically captured the thumbnail with their face in less-than-desirable frames

170 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fonts in Sway

Could we please get some more updated fonts in Sway such as the Segoe UI Font family?

166 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Manual Option To Add Font, Color, Background, Theme, etc

I had moments ago described an issue with building a Sway. When the text and graphics are put together it's all entirely random. There needs to be consistency and documentation to this process. THIS IS NOT THE SAME ISSUE.

When creating a Sway not only are the options limited (right side) but what is available I find utterly confusing. This could be organized far better such as picks: Select - background, font, color, whatever... The one click option to change is like everything else in the app totally random so I am forever clicking. Usually I end up liking a…

130 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. background music feature to be added to my sway

background music feature to be added to my sway

123 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this suggestion. Right now, we do have an audio card (so you can add a file, or record something to add to your Sway).

Any more information you have is appreciated on how you’d like this scenario to work (ie – does it come from spotify/youtube/a file? should it play the entire time, or just for certain sections? what types of documents would you use this on?)!

Thanks again!

10. Embed content from SharePoint Online

Provide the ability to embed SharePoint items, like documents, lists and pages into a sway

118 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Option to add a navigation menu

please add the ability to add/edit navigation menus

113 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Interesting suggestion! Do you envision this being similar to a table of contents (with links to respective sections of a Sway)? Or more so like arrows that tell you which way to navigate through content? Or even like a navigation bar on a website that allows you to navigate to separate, non-connected parts of the same Sway? Let us know in the comments!

12. Mindmap storyboard mode

A mindmap story board mode may help organize ideas and present them amazingly quick and in an awesome way.

112 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Collapsible Sections

It'd great if the content contained under a header was collapsible. So you click the header to expand out or collapse the content. People wanting to present a lot of information could really cut back on the raw size of their sway with this.

100 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change position of text so it doesn't overlap vital part of title or heading photo

It would be great if the text on a Header were movable so that it would not block a vital part of the header photo.

98 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! What about that part of the image made it vital to you? Is the text over someone’s head or a graph that you’re trying to show off? Let us know in the comments!

15. Custom background textures

PowerPoint has this feature, though I've never used the green marble or fish fossil patterns...the subtle paper, linen, and wood patterns in Sway look really fantastic. Giving users the ability to choose from several preset textures would be a great way to give users just a little more "control" over the look and feel of the Sway. I know I often refer to www.subtlepatterns.com when I'm looking for something like this.

82 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support Photosphere or 360 degrees panoramas

I really, really wish there is support of panoramas in Sway. This should include 360C photos as well as "normal" wide panoramas. Like in Google Photos or Flickr

81 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ll let you know when we start to make progress on supporting this feature.

17. More embed options

I love how you can now add embedded content to a Sway. However, I would also like to add content from more services.

77 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    31 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Considering  ·  Sway Team responded

Let us know in the comments which types of embeds are important for you!

18. Set photo as background image for entire Sway

It would be great if the user could set a custom background (e.g. a photo or color) which is always shown as the background. Text and other content in a Sway would appear in front of this background.

73 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Template Sways

or edit examples like the "Sways we love" to learn how other Sways use the Sway tools.
    Maybe this could be realized through a tutorial.

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve released some templates in Sway in the web app (coming soon to Windows app and iOS app), but we’re already working on some improvements. We would greatly appreciate you taking this 2 minute survey to help us: http://www.instant.ly/s/XeU3G

20. Hyperlink Images

Hej
    I'd love to create a simple landing page with various offers. Instead of a link-list to the details I would like to use images/icons that the user can click to navigate to another sway or service.

Please just allow to change the navigation target from clicking on an image to either "view in fullscreen" as it is default now, or "navigate to: URL/Sway", so we can use images as hyperlinks.

Thanks

62 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base