Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Digital Inking

I love Digital Inking and would like Sway to support it for quick drawing, graph, math and why not able to write on the go.

Also support for different colors of pen ink.

123 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    15 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. organizing sways

I use sways to make newsletters for parents, staff meettings, resources for parents, special events for our childcare center. We have created quite a few sways in the past few months and it has become a little hard to organize and keep track of them. I would love to be able to put them in folders to keep them organized. I also have 4 other Directors at our center. We would love to be able to have the permission to be able to edit each others sway without being the initial owner. I would love to speak to someone in…

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Live calendar embedding

Please make it possible to embed a live calendar into a Sway that can be clicked on to open events and will reflect any live updates. We are replacing our current web site program with the use of Sway for teacher websites. One HUGE issue with the transition is the inability to have a calendar of events and assignments due. This is something that parents and students need to be able to see and interact with. If I just post a picture of a calendar that would have to be updated at every edit. Or if I link to an…

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Deploy company templates

We'd like to be able to have a custom Sway template available for our Office 365 users to use to make Sway presentations.

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Merge

Can you introduce feature to merge two sways.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Full Customization

Alright Mr. Sway-Decision-Maker, it's time for a reality check.

Customization is NEVER a bad idea. Sway seems like I'm being shoehorned into making a crap presentation with a great program. The program shows promise, however I won't be using it in the future unless full customization is implemented. From the other posts I've read, either nobody working on Sway has any idea how to implement that customization (which I don't believe), or they've got their head so far up their assess that they forgot how to let people innovate within a program. I'm currently just trying to add a frame…

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re sorry to hear about your frustration. Sway is a new productivity tool striving to reinvent the way people work, and since Sway is still a fledgling product, there are things we’re still working on. That said, we typically follow this model: first, and foremost, we want design decisions to be automatic so that our customer isn’t obligated to spend copious amounts of time on fine grain details (for example, Sway will automatically crop your image). We came up with this automatic system by working with professional designers to try and find something that is broadly appealing. However, we know it doesn’t fit everyone, so we offer a set of overrides to help users tweak their Sway (in this same example, this would be the feature Focus Points). Finally, we want to allow customization of those overrides (in this same analogy, this would be the ability to manually crop the…

7. Integrate it with Microsoft Powerpoint

I tried making a sway (or whatever you call to the product of this software) and found that it is an easy way of organizing your thoughts when doing a presentation.

Instead of putting your ideas in "Outline" in Microsoft PowerPoint, I think organizing it this way (I mean the sway way XD) makes it more easier and adorable.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! How do you imagine Sway integrating with PowerPoint? Do you want to be able to convert one to the other? What functionality would you expect to see in Sway or in PowerPoint if they were integrated? Let us know in the comments! :)

8. I would like sway to be embed into email for marketing use. This programme has so much it could offer.

A way to embed or copy the HTML of the sway so I can use it for marketing newsletters. even copying the HTML for use with Dotmailer etc would be amazing.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sway Integrated Into SharePoint Publishing for Curation

Integration features into SharePoint Publishing to allow content curation of SharePoint content utilizing Content Search. SharePoint currently allows you to publishing pages, but not curate content. It would be nice if you have a portal hosted in SharePoint to use Sway features to use Content Search to discover content within your portal to use in creating a narrative.

56 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sway would have great potential as a digital signage system

I think Sway could have the building blocks for a great digital signage system. If Microsoft could release a "Enterprise" product where digital signage content could be created, and then be able to distribute them to TV's using a Windows 10 IoT device, that would be amazing. Storage of content could be either OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, SharePoint or on premise server. Would need to separate the management of the connected Windows 10 IoT devices (IT department) from the content creators (your Communication department), then you got a great corporate digital sinage system.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. integrate a local anchor

Add an local anchor to swap somes pages who we don't want to read. for exemple like in the office word's summary. Click on the link and it bring you to the page that you want

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Data Tables

Sway absolutely needs the ability to include data tables of some sort. Similar to Word or PPT.

There is basically no way to present numeric data in Sway right now which makes it mostly useless as a business presentation tool.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Embed gist

Allow for embeding gist (gist.github.com) into sway

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The ability to add company branded headers and footers to the PDF export

Add the option to include a default website, logo and disclaimer etc. so when clients export Sway to PDF / Word.
    Currently, (The logo to the title card doesn't export?) there is no way to brand these exports or give them any identifying marks like a company logo, header or footer.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Microsoft Docs.com (The New Blog engine) & Sway (The new code-free content creator Tool)

We are loving sway in our company and we believe this is the new trend in content creation, better than blogging as we know it. We are already in the process of helping small client/bloggers planning to start a blog without the hassles of coding take advantage of this new tool. But Microsoft needs to help us make the tool look professional. Scenario 1: We'll like to see the possibility of having a media site around docs.com something like bloggers (By google). Docs.com is almost like that already we just need to create some templates for users to configure to…

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sway to build entire websites

I just think it would be an awesome one stop shop. Newsletters, prints, webpages, and it's all so easily connected to our email and PC.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Yammer Integration

I can imagine a Sway tab on the User's Yammer Profile.
    • listing sways created by the user
    • ability to attach them to posts for sharing
    • ability to link to them from notes etc

I can also imagine uploading sways into a Yammer Group in the files sections.
    • Images, Documents, Images, Videos and now Sways

Finally, we need to ensure that we use app extensions so that the user on a mobile can easily share a sway into a Yammer group. Or from Yammer, open the sway in the app.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Sways into Folders... I have too many under 'My Sways'!!!

I have so many Sways... Revision Sways, Portfolios, Stories, Newsletters, Units of Work... and they all live under 'My Sways' - an increasingly over populated area! I like an organised workspace and would love to be able to create category folders and organise my Sways accordingly. PLEASE consider this, we teach students not to save everything in 'My Documents', to use Tabs in One Note, to use folders in OneDrive, to use channels in Teams, why is Sway storage so one dimensional???

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sway and search engines

Hi Sway Team,
    i was trying with using Sway for a presentation of my "little" company. Ater trying - i left it as a little "WebSite". Take a look at http://www.yabez.de
    The interesting thing was, that Google immediatly took my Sway in the Search Results (Search for "yabez"), Bing did not (for now).
    So here is my Idea: Could you implement a few functions for optimization in point of search-engines?
    - robots.txt stands in the moment not on "follow, ..."
    - indexing
    - Tags and description

Kind regards,

Matthias

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base