Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sway to have compatibility with USB presentation devices or have a Bluetooth phone app similar to Office Remote

I'd like to Sway to be compatible with USB presentation devices or maybe a Bluetooth phone app like Office Remote so that I can present Sways without having to stand behind a computer or look down at my tablet to move the Sway along. This would improve my presentations because I'd be able to move around during my presentations, engaging with more of my audience.

380 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Linkable pictures

I'd like to have images optionally linkable so viewers can click on them to go to other pages I want to direct them to. Somewhat like Pinterest, I guess.

183 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. data storage to move within EU

Today our sway is not stored within EU, that forces us to block Sway, so we can't use it! Please move the storage of sway for EU installations to servers within EU.

https://products.office.com/en-us/where-is-your-data-located?geo=Europe

182 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Speaker notes

Add speaker notes box.

Speaker notes should be able to be viewed in separate window (or synched on a separate device would be 100x better!!). I need all the help I can when I present.

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. connect Sway Analytics in Power BI

I would like to create Power BI reports and dashboards using Sway Analytics as a data source.

Ideally, I could create reports using analytics from Sways I have created and Sways for which I have author access.

118 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Internal Link

I'm requesting the ability to link to an existing Sway header.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. export

We would like to export/import a Sway. This way our students could export a Sway from their school account and import it to their privat account, when they're leaving school. Or one teacher could export his sway and give it to another teacher who then could import it and adapt it to his needs in his own account. As a workaround we can share a sway, open it with the other account and duplicate it then. But a export/import possibility would be way better. Thanks.

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Different Text Size

You should be able to change your text size so you can fit everything on a single page.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Insert a live twitter hashtag or feed

I would like to be able to insert a twitter field, which I can set to a specific #hashtag, which would then show the e.g. newest 1-3 tweets.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sway to be stored in O365

If an employee creates a new Sway from Office 365, the default location should be in a location that is manageable by the O365 Admins. Sway content needs to be treated just like any other business content.

47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Power Bi Embedded Capabilities

Power Bi's service capabilities have changed in a way which will make Sway's existing workflow for embedding dashboards unusable. This is very unfortunate, because Sway provides an excellent venue for quickly and easily sharing dashboards.

It would be excellent if Sway could add functionality to embed a Power Bi dash using the "Embedded" workflow. Bonus points if you can tie in buttons that can link to the API functionality.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Mac App

a app for sway that is supported across many platform's

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sway for Enterprise Sales ( B2B ) Scenarios ( Pre-Built Clean / Metro Templates )

Sway for Enterprise Sales Usage:

Would love to have pre-built professional looking SWAY templates that would be clean/metro, low effects/animation, and automatically do things that would brand the presentation as BY a company or FOR a company:

-Drag and drop company or client logo and SWAY will automatically drop in corners to brand the current section.

-Static side-bar: lists sections of the SWAY to quickly hop forward/backward or to a particular section (or update!)

-Static sidebar customization support: Would be great to have sales rep name, picture and contact info planted at bottom of sidebar, along with links to their…

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. !utomatic citation of Creative Commons images included when inserted in a Sway

Adding Creative Commons images by themselves is not enough. It is not good netiquette to simply use images without citation. The CC license on lots of these images REQUIRE citation. Let's set a good example for students and others by having Sway include a citation source link when inserting a CC image from Bing or Flickr.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. automatically display picture captions next to picture

Captions pictures should display automatically next to the picture. Do not require viewer to click the picture to see the related caption.

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Almost all picture captions are displayed next to the picture (or on the picture). There are some exceptions (for example, when the picture takes the whole screen, users will have to scroll slightly. Or if the picture is part of something interactive, there’s a button to reveal the caption). Are you concerned about the image location not being shown unless the user clicks the image (the link of the site where the picture was obtained)? Let us know in the comments!

16. Draw Shapes

I'd like to be able to draw shapes (boxes, circles, freeform, etc.) and be able to modify the properties of the shape (line color and type/weight, fill, transparency), just like in PPT.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Version Control

Add automatic version control which would allow you to jump back to a previous version. Ideally if you add coauthoring it would then allow you to see who changed what.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use Sway without a Microsoft account

to use Sway without the obligation of opening a WIndows session with the microsoft account, only local account.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Work without signing in to an account.

1. Get rid of the requirement to sign into a Microsoft Account to use this product.

2. Stop storing stuff in the cloud by default. Sure, it makes sense as an option. But why throw away a huge segment of your potential customer base?

As it stands, this product is useless to me. And I've never even used it. Until I can create documents on my own system and keep them there, I'll have to pass.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your feedback! To your first point, we appreciate the suggestion and we are considering lifting this in the future. To your second point, it’s hard to answer concisely here, but please check out this answers forum post where the General Manager of Sway laid out a lot of thinking around this: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_sway-sway_create/sway-file-management/cd2678ee-bae5-431f-ac86-30cd63d15d4f?auth=1 . Thanks! :)

20. Usage Reports in the Office 365 Admin tool or User Adoption PowerBI Content Pack

Sway should be as manageable as any other workload in Office 365. It should have usage reports accessible to the O365 Global Admin. Usage reports should show how many Sways have been created, viewed, shared, or whatever other relevant actions in the last 7, 30, or 180 days, just like for several other workloads.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base