Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

I would like...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fonts in Sway

Could we please get some more updated fonts in Sway such as the Segoe UI Font family?

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Embed content from SharePoint Online

Provide the ability to embed SharePoint items, like documents, lists and pages into a sway

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hyperlink Images

Hej
    I'd love to create a simple landing page with various offers. Instead of a link-list to the details I would like to use images/icons that the user can click to navigate to another sway or service.

Please just allow to change the navigation target from clicking on an image to either "view in fullscreen" as it is default now, or "navigate to: URL/Sway", so we can use images as hyperlinks.

Thanks

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. picture editing

to be able to edit pics, sway distorts them

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Customization of SWAY analytics report

I want to customize the analytics report that is been generated on Sway. Like can I show it in chart view, User Location, Who is viewing, edit other options that I don't want to show out here.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Could you please add Century Gothic font style pls

Please could you add Century Gothic to your font style

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enhanced references - endnotes/footnotes

We are able to copy and past documents that use references like endnotes/footnotes and the format is great on Sway. What would elevate this would be to have the references automatically linked so users can access the notes directly from the body text. It would also be great to have the capability to hover over a reference and view the note it refers to.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Autoplay in Sway

Autoplay in Sway embed cards!

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. All Microsoft Word Fonts available in Sway

All Word Fonts available in Sway.
    This would allow greater flexibility for users to personalise their Sways.
    It's particularly useful for business users who must adhere to brand/design guidelines.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Colour choice for links

Give a colour choice when displaying links to sites and other media platforms. I see when i click on a link it comes up blue , but never stays that way. It would look amazing if they could be a different colour as i always use a black background and electric blue or any other colour REALLY stands out. !!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. background music feature to be added to my sway

background music feature to be added to my sway

99 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for this suggestion. Right now, we do have an audio card (so you can add a file, or record something to add to your Sway).

Any more information you have is appreciated on how you’d like this scenario to work (ie – does it come from spotify/youtube/a file? should it play the entire time, or just for certain sections? what types of documents would you use this on?)!

Thanks again!

12. Add Columns to Text

I would like to be able to edit the text into columns or at least a table so that it is easier to compare text--not pictures (I know there is a way to do it with pictures).

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. to have Google Web Fonts or Adobe TypeKit font support in Sway.

I'd like to be able to customize the fonts in Sway using free Google Web Fonts, or tie in my Adobe TypeKit subscription to Sway to use for presentations.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to Size the Header Image within the Layouts

In most images in Sway you have the option to "showcase" or change the size of the image in general but in the Header Image you cannot. It takes up more space than I want in some cases and I'd like to be able to size it also. Changing the layout does not solve my issue.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support Photosphere or 360 degrees panoramas

I really, really wish there is support of panoramas in Sway. This should include 360C photos as well as "normal" wide panoramas. Like in Google Photos or Flickr

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Select Thumbnail for Uploaded Video

When uploading a video or selecting it from OneDrive, the video thumbnail appears to automatically generate, and not just from the first frame of the video.

The ability to select a different part of the video to serve as the thumbnail or upload a different picture entirely to serve as the thumbnail would be a great way to make videos look a bit more professional. Some of the videos of people I've uploaded have automatically captured the thumbnail with their face in less-than-desirable frames

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Text-box Shading

Add the ability to add a background colour (with perhaps 60% transparency) behind your text so that it can be easily read against a background.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We do this automatically for you to make the text more legible. If you have an example though where we’re not doing a good job, can you reply directly to this email notification with a screenshot (or with a link to the Sway)? Thanks!

18. each new section - as defined by the headings - to have a new background colour. Currently images are only behind the headings, not the text

All text boxes seem to have the same colour background - it would be great if that could change!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Custom font (for company branding)

For my business, a designer has chosen a certain font for my titles and another one for text. I use these fonts in all my communcation and media. So I would like to be able to add those fonts in Sway too, in that way my business style is repeated there as well, and recognizable.

516 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    38 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Have the ability to change Link colors so they stand out

When I provide links in text It just looks like the words are just underlined. I would love the ability to make those links stand out by making them white/blue/ another color.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base