Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. multilingual

Sway to be available in Multilingual mode like Forms and Forms pro
    I would like to have the possibility to give several languages options in the same Sway so readers can choose the language they want the sway in.
    I would like to have the choice between :
    Providing myself the texts in all languages
    Have sway translate my original text

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set your own image as the background of the entire Sway

It would be nice if I could set my own image as the background of my entire Sway presentation, like there are already some prepared backgrounds but it would be great if I could use my own image.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Enable Export Sway to Microsoft Stream

Give me a reason to not export the PPT to Stream. Stream channels are used at my organization to centralize content. I have to record my screen pressing "play" to get what you offer with PPT export to Stream. Enable me instead to directly export my Sway to Stream, with or without 1. animations and 2. choosing the display speed (ie more time for slides w/more content). Ensure display of 3 options in Sway (horizontal, vertical etc) is optimized for non-theater mode of Stream.
    Thanks! Please vote for this!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Share Sway with an Outlook Contact List

Within my organization (a university) I have created personal contact lists. I want to share a Sway newsletter with that personal contact list. It seems, however, that I can only share the Sway with university-wide lists and not my own personal one. How can I make this work?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. *.Padlet.ORG whitelist request for University

Here at the Queensland University of Technology in Australia, we use the Padlet tool in our Learning and Teaching tool mix.

In the last year, Padlet.com changed their business model from allowing multiple free 'Padlets' to only 3, resulting in schools and universities such as ourselves needing to procure "Institutional" licenses for Padlet - this was no problem, and also allowed us to have a custom subdomain in the *.padlet.ORG space.

Free-account Padlets (Padlet.COM) embed with no issues in Microsoft Sway. *.Padlet.ORG, however, DO NOT EMBED.

error:

"Sorry, we do not currently support this site. Please look at the more…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Color setting for hyperlinks

Allow easy color setting for hyperlinks done throughout a Sway to align with company design guide. In face the entire Company design setup is urgently missing

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Embed sway code without an iframe

I would like to be able to embed the sway code into my webpage so it looks native and not as an iframe view

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. delete

There's still no way to delete a Sway "inside" Office/MS 365 as their Sway area lacks the DELETE command (in Sway file menu "..."), this command should be available like it is in the file "..." menu available at https://sway.com. Boring to switch URLs just to delete a file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'm creating my photo albums with sway. I would like to be able to compose my own style (page background color, font style and colors).

I'm creating my photo albums with sway. I would like to be able to compose my own style (page background color, font style and colors).

And I would like to be able to save my styles as favorites.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix Error message on links in sways since 05.09.2020

Fix Error message on links in sways since 05.09.2020

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sway/error-message-on-links-in-sways-since-05-09-2020/m-p/1377647

since yesterday, when a user klick on a link in may sways like
    https://sway.office.com/2NknZy0hB1m5lHK3?ref=Link

he gets an error message:

"You’re about to be redirected off sway.office.com to a webpage that may not be secure. Continue?"

Even with links to microsoft forms!
    Please repair that false alert!
    Your's sincerely, Stefan

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Reaction options for Sway articles

Add reaction options for Sway articles. Could be: Like, love, wow, hate.... or as simple as like and dislike

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Permit embedded content from support.microsoft.com- Currently not supported, and several product videos are hosted here. Ex:ToDo MyDay

Permit embedded content from support.microsoft.com- Currently not supported, and several product videos are hosted here.

Ex: To Do MyDay and suggestion video walkthrough.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/my-day-and-suggestions-4c4806e9-9559-4ecb-805b-c724f6640ac6

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Sways into Folders... I have too many under 'My Sways'!!!

I have so many Sways... Revision Sways, Portfolios, Stories, Newsletters, Units of Work... and they all live under 'My Sways' - an increasingly over populated area! I like an organised workspace and would love to be able to create category folders and organise my Sways accordingly. PLEASE consider this, we teach students not to save everything in 'My Documents', to use Tabs in One Note, to use folders in OneDrive, to use channels in Teams, why is Sway storage so one dimensional???

151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Fine Tuned Analytics

When reviewing Sway Analytics, I notice that the number of total views is higher than the number of people in the distribution list that I send the newsletter to. Is there a way to modify the analytics to only include unique views based on sign in information and not include additional views by the same person but on a different device? The skewed numbers don't allow me to present an accurate report of how many people are actually opening the newsletter.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add comments to sway

Add comments and easy yammer share option inside the sway because when you create a newsletter sometimes the comments option can be a good plus

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. verbal commenting

I would love to have viewers add verbal comments in sway

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sway App!

Hi!

I am using sway, and i think it is amazing! However I would like to suggest that a Sway app is created instead of having to use sway online! Also a photo and video crop function would be good. But apart from that, awesome program!

Thank you Microsoft!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base