Sway Suggestion Box

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give the option to remove security warning pop-up.

This week, any links embedded in my Sways that are clicked on bring up a pop-up security warning regarding leaving the site and going to a new one. Now, all Sways that I have embedded in my WordPress site will not open any embedded links because it cannot deal with this pop-up. As the owner and creator of the Sways, I am confident that I am not entering any dangerous links (most of them are to my own SharePoint) and I cannot afford for my customers to have this annoyance. Please, at least, give organisations the option of removing this…

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Sway forum or site feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Viewing Sway on a smartphone

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    スマートフォンでの Sway の閲覧についての要望
    Viewing Sway on a smartphone

■Description(内容):
    Forms のフォームを埋め込んだ Sway を iOS、Android のスマートフォンで閲覧すると、PC のように埋め込まれた状態で表示されず、[フォームの入力] をタップし別タブを開かないとフォームに回答できません。
    [フォームの入力] をタップする項数を減らしてほしいです。
    また、[フォームの入力] をタップしないと表示されない場合、Sway を閲覧したユーザーにそこに回答するフォームがあることに気づかれない可能性もあるので、PC と同じように埋め込まれた状態で表示されることを要望します。

If you view a Form embedded in a Sway using an iOS or Android smartphone, it doesn’t display in the same way as it does on PC, and you can’t respond unless you tap on “Input to form” and open it in a separate tab.
    Please reduce the number of items for which you need to tap “Input to form” for.
    Also, in cases where you have to tap “Input to form” to…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hide text "microsoft Sway" in preload iframe sharing

to hide the text "microsoft sway" in the seconds it takes to load the presentation when it is shared or embedded via iframe.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. embed h5p

Hi,
    Could we please enable embedding H5P.com content on Sway please? We use Sway for education and we need to be able to embed H5P's interactive content on Sway.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. find

Ctrl + F doesn't work instead you use accesibility viewer. Only works in Safari (Chrome, firefox and Edge chromium)

Browsers indicate the number of times the word appears, but it does not position you in the document.

However, if you use the accessibility view, the Ctrl+f works correctly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. About export function

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    エクスポート機能について
    About export function

■Description(内容):
    現在の Sway ではコンテンツのエクスポートやインポートは可能ですが、一括でそれを実行する機能の確認ができておりません。

テナント自体の移行などで複数のSwayをコンテンツ毎にエクスポート/インポートするのは、非常に工数がかかります。

複数の Swayコンテンツを一括でエクスポート/インポートする機能の実装を希望します。

Currently, it is possible to import/export content with Sway, but there is no way to do this all at once.

It takes a lot of work to import/export each of many Sway content items for tenant migration etc.

Please make it possible to import/export multiple Sway content items at once.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Embed PDF in Sway

Hello. I would like to be able to embed a PDF in a Sway. Not the content from the PDF, but embed the PDF so the information can be consumed in its native format. Thanks!

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Maths editor in Sway

At the moment it is not possible to type maths equations in Sway. It would be great if a maths editor could be added to be able to type math symbols, directly in Sway, like you can do in Powerpoint. Every time I need to add a maths equation in s Sway I have to type it into a powerpoint slide and import it into Sway. This is double the work, time-consuming, plus it doesn't look as good. A maths editor in Sway will solve the problem.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. make accessible without a link

We recently used Sway to create an educational module for a doctoral project--it looks amazing. However, the hospital where we launched the project was unable to open the link to the sway due to strict security restrictions on hospital computers. A way to convert the Sway to PP in these situations might be helpful. Or just a way to make the Sway accessible without a live link.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I need to be able to undo while creating a Sway!

How can I undo while creating a Sway! After I saved or return to a previous versions of the Sway.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. mobile

Please could a mobile preview function/button be developed for Sway to assist Sway producers to check how this would look and be displayed on a mobile.

This functionality is provided in Forms. In this digital era this would help producers ensure that Sways look as professional as possible across multiple media streams, especially when there is an increased reliance on mobile phones to read communications.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Screen Recording

I found I had no way to use Sway to record the screen in animated way for a presentation that required it to be filmed/pre-shot. In the end I used VLC media player to record the screen. It worked well enough but would have been streamlined with the aid of Sway built in screen recorder or animator. :)

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Text/Bullet Formatting

Amend text and bullets colours, font, style etc. in the individual text boxes so to keep inline with corporate branding.

Currently have to create in PP then screenshot and add as an image.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sway cloud public platform government officials and community option for favorites

Future featuring way public platform government officials and community with option to easily visualized, identify, sort, filter and classify favorites (e.g. profiles, IP site locations, polls outcomes from specific site and/or guest or user, etc.. maybe potentially optimum or a luxury to include for purpose of potential future plannings, potential contacts or potential further follow ups or for additional poll developments.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sway public platform option to visualized IP site addresses locations

Future featuring the option to easily visualize sway public platform article posting and/or polls by ip site addresses visual or listing of locations along with IP address counter maybe optimum on a dynamic time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sway cloud public platform with advanced security for judges polls

Future featuring way public platform with advanced security for judge polls and potential court witnesses with legal structure, legal structure distribution per sourced citizen life level advances, etc... maybe potentially helpful within a budget or forecasted of distributions and/or per forecasted target professions or education-experience levels.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sway cloud public platform for government officials with dynamic gamification and IP site distribution

Future featuring sway cloud public platform for government officials with Dynamic gamification, polls may have better chances to be fun or fun scheduled towards a poll results per IP distribution site preferred locations (e.g. project investment, project development, project development question, initiative outcomes, etc...)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sway cloud platform for public government officials with option to release content to communities along with polls

Wish we future feature a new sway cloud platform for public government statistics, event planners and human resource officials for polls, events, feedback collection project, etc...

With option to potentially release public content to public and option to test polls and content before any releases with enhanced public releases security for purpose to safeguard public image and relations.

Must feature public business relations and government official relations and relation invites with integration to potential consulates authorized officials.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sway forum or site feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base