Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. signature

I would like to use sway to disseminate my company policies and procedures and I would like to include some way for the employee to acknowledge that they have read and understand. It would be nice if an email notification could be sent when a sway was acknowledge and if there was an audit trail that was kept to record each acknowledgement. I would really be cool if you could version the sway and it would automatically highlight the differences between the current and last version of the document for users that have read them both.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Insertion of Periods

There are bugs in the placement of periods. I've opened a support ticket (Ticket #:15709374) with MS. See, the video, available at
    https://tinyurl.com/yyvlkoox

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Customize the column/row amount for grids in Sway

It would be great to be able to customize the amount of rows and columns displayed for the Grid feature in Sway. Currently, it automatically sorts your table, but sometimes the amount of columns it produces isn't ideal for the intention of the grid.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a feature to create tables directly in Microsoft Sway

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Sway 内での表の作成機能について

Add a feature to create tables directly in Microsoft Sway
    ■Description(内容):
    現時点では Microsoft Sway 内の機能に "表" を作成する機能がなく、Excel Online 等にて埋め込む方法が代用の方法となります。今後の機能の拡充の要望として Microsoft Sway 機能内にて "表" を作成する機能を追加していただく事を要望いたします。

It would be very useful if we can create a table directly within the Microsoft Sway, instead of creating a table in Excel Online and embed it into Sway.

Thank you for your consideration.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. To export sway files into powerpoint files

That the sway creations can be used in the ppt app

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hoverboards India

Address
    Tanaji Malusare Marg, Irla, Ville Parle- West
    Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Phone
    +91 8928847107
    Website
    https://www.hoverboards.co.in

Keywords:
    quality hoverboards in India
    Description
    Hoverboards India is a devoted store for all your hoverboarding needs. In addition to the fact that we deal in hoverboards, we have a wide scope of things, including yet not restricted to, stunt bikes, electric skateboards, self-adjusting bikes, Segway bikes, small scale segway, and much more.

Business hours
    24/7

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Share to a List of Individual users

Share to a list of individuals without typing each one in individually, Users are not int he same Security or DL Groups

I currently have to add 27 Individuals manually, and only 12 are in a group that I can use so 16 individual entries.

It would be nice to add the list with the ; separator like when sending email.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. backup

I think it is important to have the choice to backup sways or download their original formate file. Exporting is not enough as you lose formatting. What if a sway(s) is(are) deleted by accident?

They can't be recovered. This becomes all the more pressing as more content is built in the account.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. To have options for creating folders in Sway

I suggest Microsoft Sway team to think of an option to create folders and then create or place sways in it.

So that I can have all the sways related to one activity in one folder and also searching becomes easy.

Moreover, the dashboard looks clutter free.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Visual Link in Texts

We would like the option to copy and paste a visual link through text as well as email. Currently, all that pastes is plain text and that is not ideal for sending a Sway to clients who prefer to communicate through text rather than email.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Additional card options

It would be good to see continued development of card types for additional media. There are only the Heading 1, Heading 2, and Text cards, but a third Heading card might be useful, or perhaps the idea of subtext cards that could be laid on top of other text cards (for placing footnotes, links to resources, or other additional information. It could even be useful to think of cards specifically dedicated to columns (up to 3 on a whole text card perhaps) which could be deliberately dragged and adjusted for width (similar to the comparison card slider). Other kinds of…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. embed any website

yeah I just want to embed a site , for example on this morbidity and mortality conference I'd rather put a guideline i could actively scroll to on the website than a boring pdf ..just would be cool!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Title

Hi guys. Just a bit of feedback on the titles -
    The Sway title from the first slide is not necessary the name you want to call the Sway in your personal library / Home page.
    Also, if your typical title slide for whatever reason is just a photo, you end up having a number of Untitled Sways in your library.
    It would be good to have Rename option included in Settings, where the library title would be independent of the slide contents.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Déplacer les sway sur un autre compte ou espace de stockage mobile

Pouvoir sauvegarder le fichier sway sur un disque dur ou une cle usb.
    La possibilité de déplacer le sway sur un autre compte office 365.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. eDiscovery & Administrative Management of Sways

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Sway/eDiscovery-amp-Administrative-Management-of-Sways/m-p/288723#M281

Today:
    •Sway activities are available in the Audit Log of the S&C
    •Sways are held in a blob storage in Azure, so are not stored in Exchange or SharePoint
    •Because Sways are not in the purview of Exchange or SharePoint, you cannot place them on eDiscovery holds or capture them in content searches
    •No PowerShell module exists that can manage Sways from a tenant admin perspective, like Whiteboard.
    •Additionally, because they are not stored in Exchange or SharePoint, and there is not a PowerShell module, you cannot transfer ownership of a Sway(s) to another user.

What we need:
    1.…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. automatically start sway shared presentation

When you share a Sway it does not going into view mode, but edit mode with editing turned off. I just want to share a SWAY, opens into the presentation without the person I'm sharing with having to start it manually.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Enable editing of Sway on Android via an app

Until we can edit and update our Sway on the go and anywhere than this will not be perfect. It would be ideal to take a snap on our camera phone and instantly upload it to Sway for editing. I use my phone more than a laptop/ computer to work so having a Sway app would turn this into a much more user friendly concept

155 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Use Sway to create a knowledge base

I would like to use sway to create my articles in my knowledge base. To make this work I would need SharePoint libraries to accept sway documents as a standard type. This would allow metadata tags for categories and also full text search capabilities.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. print embedded content

Allow for embedded content to be rendered and printed (Power BI visuals, Excel docs, etc.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base