Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

I would like...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Combine text with photos

I can not find a way to combine text and pictures, except for the labeling of photos.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    11 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What exactly are you trying to do by combining text and photos? For example, are you trying to overlay text on a photo, create a caption, or something like having the text and photo displayed side-by-side in a group? Let us know in the comments!

2. Responsive Text

I realize that this is optimized for Mobile, which is awesome, but when you are viewing the Storyline the text does not extend the entire width of the page, looks to be about 50% of the page. It would be nice for it to have the same layout across all screens.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disqus forums

Awesome potential here for online education. I'd like to see the ability to attach Disqus forums = class discussion

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Kinect Support

specific gestures will make spectacular presentations.
    Especially combined with some other suggestions presented here.
    Create sway with Xbox one will be an additional vantage

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Preview videos before inserting into Sway

I Would like to be able to preview a video when creating a sway. Currently the only way to see the Video is to insert it and play it in the Sway to see if the video is what you desire OR to open another tab, search YouTube and pkay the video there.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Import Retains Basic Formatting

I am creating a catalog of images where each image needs a unique caption, as there are almost 200 images doing so by hand in Sway is very tedious. I automated the process of creating the captions in Word and then upload that document into Sway, which works very well.

The issue I have is that the first part of the caption needs to be bold, with the last part (the price) should not be. I can automate the formatting in Word as well but Sway does not recognize the formatting so I have to manually emphasize each image in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Xbox Showcase

Be able to drop videos from a user's Xbox showcase / game dvr

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sway library

A Sway library to store, find and (re)use Sway templates and earlier used Sway cards.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Control Sway with Microsoft Band

With Sway projecting to my audience from my phone or other device, I would like to move through my Sway presentation by using gestures picked up and interpreted by my Microsoft Band which then sends a corresponding navigation instruction to Sway. I would like to control my presentation by flicking my wrist or tapping the screen of my Microsoft Band.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Notes to Images

As I'm working on a lengthy sway, I have many images in a OneDrive folder. It would be great to be able to add notes or tag the images to help organize things a little easier. Folders could work, but makes picking them for use in the sway tedious.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! We know that if you have lots of content in your OneDrive, it can be unruly. Could you help us better understand the scenario? What types of things would you want in these notes and what would the desired result be? (For example, are you imagining being able to search within your OneDrive for content based on these self-specified notes/tags?) Let us know in the comments!

11. Sort or filter content in OneDrive

Having > 1000 pictures in one onedrive folder, it's kinda impossible to find the ones I want to embed into a sway. So please add options as they are available in onedrive (list/thumbnails) and allow sorting by name, size, date (ascending & descending) and as in onedrive, allow storing the sort type. And maybe even add a filter for date, to limit display to a specific period.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now use the search bar to search the metadata of your OneDrive content to help find what you need! We’ll keep this idea open though to track actually creating filters like you describe. Thanks for the feedback!

12. Magazine Layout Templates or Structures

Magazine layout templates... I'd do a weekly/monthly magazine ...

image with text blocks, full bleed. vertical and horizontal.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Set photo as background image for entire Sway

It would be great if the user could set a custom background (e.g. a photo or color) which is always shown as the background. Text and other content in a Sway would appear in front of this background.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Autogenerate a preview thumbnail for links

When adding a link to Sway, add content/media from the site like Facebook or Twitter does when you post a link on their sites.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. YouTube thumbnails

More of a question than an idea. When we insert a YouTube video, the thumbnail looks blurry. Is Sway grabbing the custom thumbnail presented by YouTube, or finding a random frame to use in the video as the thumbnail?

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Group of pictures that will cycle endlessly

I had to make a GIF for that.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Windows Phone Reader view of a Sway (to enlarge text)

Sways currently appear with "squint print" on Windows phones such as my Lumia Icon. A "Reader" view of Sways would help people who have a hard time dealing with tiny fonts.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Improve (slow) loading time/start-up performance...

The initial display of a Sway takes quite long time to display (as compared to a conventional web page)

Please improve Sway initial display start-up time. Especially on mobile devices with less CPU power. Some sort of server caching for the initial page view would be really appreciated.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The ability to upload larger images

The first thing I tried was uploading a 5MB image from shutterstock. It failed miserably.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. ideal sway output

it would be awesome and amazing if sway could enable me to have same effects as this website.
    http://www.asus.com/my/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_Transformer_Book_T100TA/overview/

thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base