Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Recreate traditional games

There should be a way to make Sway really cool with some templates of games, they can be for creative purposes and projects fro school.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Embed Shazam Tags

There should be an option to share Shazam Tags or embed them into Sway.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Embed code from Sharepoint

Its possible to Embed code from my personnel OneDrive but not from the OneDrive Business ?

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Arrow Buttons and Keys in Photo Grid

If you create a grid of photos, and then click on one to make it fullscreen, there should be arrows to look at the other photos (and arrowkey shortcuts) . Right now you have to click to minimize then click a different pgoto to maximize

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. XBox One and 360 App for sway

Kinda like onedrive app but lets you see the sways using kinect and or just using your controller

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. import ppt masters (for layout & font) and ppt color palettes/themes created in-house

In order to use for business, it would be helpful if Sway allowed you to import ppt masters (for layout) and ppt color palettes. As it stands, I'm not sure I can produce anything that will comply with company branding guidelines.

I would suggest more flexibility and customize-ability. Especially if you want large companies to work with it.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Be able to have a background to "hold in place" for a determined number slide. And have video playing in the background is very cool.

I would like a background image to remain visible, say, in a very subdue washout color while text and graphic content can 'roll' over until another background image can be use for another section of rolling graphics. Oh and plz allow for fonts selection and manipulation to the fullest extend. Text is such an important component of any modern app, it should be a "feature."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Try showcasing a picture as much as possible (“most”) then putting a text card after it. If your Sway is in the vertical structure (and for the majority of styles), you will get the effect you described. We’re working on making effects like this more discoverable, so your feedback is greatly appreciated! Additionally, if you break your each of your ideas into their own posts, it will help others vote for them. :)

8. Sway and search engines

Hi Sway Team,
    i was trying with using Sway for a presentation of my "little" company. Ater trying - i left it as a little "WebSite". Take a look at http://www.yabez.de
    The interesting thing was, that Google immediatly took my Sway in the Search Results (Search for "yabez"), Bing did not (for now).
    So here is my Idea: Could you implement a few functions for optimization in point of search-engines?
    - robots.txt stands in the moment not on "follow, ..."
    - indexing
    - Tags and description

Kind regards,

Matthias

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. To preview header photo and align focus

I agree with the suggestions to allow for more ability to resize photos, however, more specifically, it would be really nice to have some sort of way to select the area of the photo that the header/title photo should focus on. Most images don't fit well in the header or title area and end up being cut off. That's very frustrating, but would be acceptable if users could decide which areas of the photo to show.

This is the biggest thing holding me back from using sway because it really effects the look and quality of the sway.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Mac App

a app for sway that is supported across many platform's

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Quick mode and Advanced mode

So that would keep it quick and easy as you obviously want.
    But then you could have sensible layout features for those that want more control, and there's so much more control I'd like.....

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Support for third party moods

There are so many talented graphic artists in the world that I would like to make sure that being able to access third party moods is part of the application platform.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Kindle Fire app

Please make an app for the Kindle Fire!

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Jump to the end of Sway (>|)

This option is required. During creation of Sway, when we add some contents, we start Preview and we have to go to the end of Sway to see how it looks. So, quick jump to the end of Sway is a very useful feature. Also, this is useful if a table of contents at the end of Sway.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Manual markers where presentation should pause

Now when pressing the "next" (>) button, Sway decides how far ahaid it jumps. Sometimes it goes to far and viewers can see what is next. This way they don't stay focused on the current topic.

Because of that, you have already comments on a phrase that is written in the next slide, while it still is completely out of context at that moment.

The only way to avoid this, is to do some scrolling. However, this removes the smoothness and doesn't resolve the problem once Sway supports pointers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. PowerPoint Tools available in Sway

As an avid user of ppt... Sway seems to limit my "creativity" by just having templates in the remix (altho i do think it would be helpful for others who just want a ready-made look)...

a) choosing fonts and font color and size
    i use font style sometimes as an addition to whatever message i need to convey.. so if its light then its comic sans.. if its horror themed.. then i go for chiller. if i want to emphasize a word.. i might want to start with a small sized font until and make it grow into a full…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! If you break apart your requests into separate submissions, it is easier for others to vote for which ones they want us to work on! Additionally, you can use some of your allotted votes to vote for ones that are already submitted. :)

It’s certainly interesting to hear what features from PPT and other Office applications users want to see in Sway. However, Sway is a new option for people within the Office portfolio, and whether you choose Sway, PPT, or any other Office application really depends on your own specific needs and content creation preferences. While we don’t plan to build all of PPT’s functionality into Sway, we do want to understand what features from PPT, or other Office apps, you think might be absolutely critical for Sway. We’ll consider how each requested feature from those other apps would fit with the unique…

17. Sway presentation link which the presentor controls

Share link on people's devices so when the presentor speaks, he control the next page and everybody connected through that link will see the next page on their device.

Call this the presentator mode.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. For my formatting to stay mine!!

I just used Sway for a final presentation and IT. WAS. TERRIBLE.
    Because the size of the projector was different than my computer, all of the formatting that I tried so hard to force Sway to do was removed. Sway decided what the images should look like. And they were wrong. Some of my most important equations were shrunken down to the point at which they were no longer useful.
    My professor and other students gave negative design feedback regarding the font, the size of pictures and graphs, and the tilt of the images.
    I have another final presentation later…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry about your negative experience, and we are avidly working to eliminate the issues you have brought up. We would like to avoid having our end users “force” Sway into specific formatting, which is why we’re working with a new creation paradigm. (You can read more about our philosophy here: http://blogs.office.com/2014/12/10/sway-philosophy/). As we continue to improve our algorithms, we would appreciate any specific feedback you can leave us in the comments! Why were the images wrong? Was it mostly ones that involved text/equations that were no longer useful? What was wrong about the font? Why was the new formatting not effective? Feel free to attach some screenshots if possible (or attach your Sway and the dimensions of the screen it was viewed on) so we can investigate further. Thanks for the feedback! :)

19. More semantic structure?

I realise you are trying to keep content and styling separate and use 'semantic' structure (like html5?) by using things like 'emphasis'.
    That's fine, but how about some more features like that? ....like article, caption, aside, navigation, header, footer..

oh and separately ..graphic flow left/right... would be wonderful....

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)