Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Section layout options

Allow varied selectable layouts within each section. Currently, only an entire Sway layout and (future) varied photo group layouts seem possible. Allowing varied layouts within each section will increase the "personal" feel of Sways and avoid looking like "one of those templates".

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Landing page Dynamics marketing

Hi,

Landing page in Dynamics marketing are poor. But if we could embed easely their web forms into sway, then we would have a wonderful landing page !

Could you please add this ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatic page size optimization

In most cases, page sliding does not show distinctly separated single slide. I agree that this feature can be a merit of sway. However, it produces too much redundancy in a slide, particularly cut edge or cut text on the right side when proceeding to the next page, finally depressing readability and clean web design.
    This feature hampers clear cut presentation as we can easily find in powerpoint sildeshow or turning a single page to next page in reading books.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The ability to choose between different levels of available layout customization

Sometimes I might want a down and dirty presentation, and would be happy with the preset Sway options. Sometimes I would want more control like font size, color & picture layout. A toggle between "Let Sway Create" and "More Control" menus might work.

But don't let me or any other user have complete control, otherwise you lose the simplicity and beauty of Sway.

One last thing ... "Remix Me"? Really?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Use tag to filter content

Using tags to easily filter contents from keywords would be useful, because it could allow users to search pictures (and text) about a specific subject.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Smart Layout and Features for Images

1. When I'm using Sway to create a presentation, it looks like all images are responsive based on devices. If Sway can create more options, like a thick box, or image box which can be resized by the user (in HTML, it is free to create a image box which size can be set in x% of the screen), in this case, I think I can create more pages just what I did in Word (or for advanced users, allow user to create the page with CSS?)

2. The current version of Sway is just like a website. If Sway can provide…
    1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Full web (www) access via Bing or Google and multi file format support

That will be nice if we had full web access, for now there is only possibility to get photos, videos etc. via Facebook, YouTube, Twitter... I mean by that to have easy access to any material that is available on the internet, when I'll need more information about anything that I could easily get for example from Wikipedia, Yahoo answers etc. That app is not giving much for now but with full access to WWWs and multi file format support it can be the best app out there. :)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. More dynamic text

While trying Sway, I noticed that the entered text could not move freely like in ppt.

A subindex of types of letters as you write would be great to improve the partnership with development.

Original:

Saludos desde chile, mi idea de mas dinamismo al texto

Al probar sway note que el texto ingresado no lo podia mover libremente como en ppt.
    un subindice de tipos de letras mientras se escribe seria genial para mejorar la amistad con el desarrollo.
    Pero los felicito por el desarrollo, seguire probando para ayudar en su prontas mejoras.

Simon Reyes
    Chile

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. More OneNote functionality in Sway

When looking at the current OneNote look, feel and handling it just does not feel like it is a part of the new road Microsoft is walking on. I believe that integrating functions from OneNote into Sway the whole new Microsoft experience will have a streamlined tool which fits in just right.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Insert and/or crop YouTube video clip

I short video clip (shorter than 30 secs) will enhance any (Sway) presentation... check this feature from un upcoming service

Simple and great!, Find / crop / insert Youtube video http://www.powtoon.com/slides/ at 2:23...

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Set the height of the iframe

I don't have a problem with embedding the iFrame into my blog but I want to be able to view the entire Sway in the iFrame and not have scrolling. I am using Tumblr and that may be the cause of the issue. But Tumblr could be a platform that Sway will thrive on ... I would love to be able to embed straight to Tumblr from Sway.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make UI more intuitive

I as an experienced user like the sway Interface but I think new users might get lost to do simple tasks because they are hidden!

• How do you preview your sway? You click out of the content area but this is a bit hidden I think.. why not adding a button in the header saying "preview" or something to make it super-simple?

• The areas to edit something is not always clear. I've found myself selecting the group instead of the item itself or the exact opposite because I clicked a few pixels too high.. It's hard to find the area…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Combine text with photos

I can not find a way to combine text and pictures, except for the labeling of photos.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What exactly are you trying to do by combining text and photos? For example, are you trying to overlay text on a photo, create a caption, or something like having the text and photo displayed side-by-side in a group? Let us know in the comments!

15. Responsive Text

I realize that this is optimized for Mobile, which is awesome, but when you are viewing the Storyline the text does not extend the entire width of the page, looks to be about 50% of the page. It would be nice for it to have the same layout across all screens.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Disqus forums

Awesome potential here for online education. I'd like to see the ability to attach Disqus forums = class discussion

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Kinect Support

specific gestures will make spectacular presentations.
    Especially combined with some other suggestions presented here.
    Create sway with Xbox one will be an additional vantage

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Import Retains Basic Formatting

I am creating a catalog of images where each image needs a unique caption, as there are almost 200 images doing so by hand in Sway is very tedious. I automated the process of creating the captions in Word and then upload that document into Sway, which works very well.

The issue I have is that the first part of the caption needs to be bold, with the last part (the price) should not be. I can automate the formatting in Word as well but Sway does not recognize the formatting so I have to manually emphasize each image in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Xbox Showcase

Be able to drop videos from a user's Xbox showcase / game dvr

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Control Sway with Microsoft Band

With Sway projecting to my audience from my phone or other device, I would like to move through my Sway presentation by using gestures picked up and interpreted by my Microsoft Band which then sends a corresponding navigation instruction to Sway. I would like to control my presentation by flicking my wrist or tapping the screen of my Microsoft Band.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base