Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Hide" a card (Remove a part of the Sway without deleting)

I would like to be able to hide some cards without having to delete them. This would be very useful when showing a general Sway to a particular audience that might not be interested in some parts. It would also help when experimenting with various card arrangements to see which render the best in Preview mode.

221 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add comments

Add comments

From Mark:
    When viewing someones sway as at the moment there are only very few available to see on sway.com, it would be good to be able to write a little review for the creator, such as ''I really enjoyed reading/viewing your sway'

It will also be useful for feedback in how others view possible improvements or corrections etc.

213 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Is it more important to you to have someone be able to comment on the entire Sway or on content within the Sway? Also, do you think of commenting as something people who are authoring with you should do or as something you want your viewers to do? Should comments be publicly visible or only visible to you? Let us know in the comments. :)

3. Be able to add background music to my sway

Be able to add background music to any sway

201 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Embed vertical Sway into a blog

It would be awesome if I could write blog posts using the vertical scrolling sway and then sharing it on a blog platform.

Not as a smaller embedded iframe, but as a full size post, as we can see them on the sway website right now.

I created a small Sway to explain with a picture my idea:
    https://sway.com/QxyhZpeIQonyET68

Of course the end could automatically add a "created with Sway" or something to give appropriate credits to the app!

202 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add audio narration to a sway picture

add voice narration to images and/or sway documents like word excel ppt, for example want to comment on an image to explain to students/viewers more details about it

180 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! We are pleased to announce that we now allow you to add audio with an audio card. This is the first step towards allowing narration and linking it with a picture. If you’d like to see any additional audio features, please open new suggestions to help us prioritize our future improvements in this space. :)

6. Linkable pictures

I'd like to have images optionally linkable so viewers can click on them to go to other pages I want to direct them to. Somewhat like Pinterest, I guess.

180 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Autoplay media

While we scroll through a sway it should have preloaded media like videos and autoplay it when it hits the viewable part of the screen

180 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Name a Sway without title showing

I love Sway and create dozens of them. I often duplicate them to share samples with clients, and end up with lots of versions of similar sways. There is no way to name each Sway in a way i can easily identify it without opening it and looking through it. Any name i give it shows in the actual Sway headline, which i don't want.

In other words, not everyone wants the name of the sway to also be a headline. Sometimes use a custom image and embed a title into that image rather than letting Sway set the type.…

163 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. tracking viewers

knowing who read the Sway identifying the email.
    who clicked, when and on what news.

162 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi, You already have the ability to see the number of people who have viewed a given Sway. Just look at the number in the corner of the Sway, when you are on the sway.com/my page. If you’ve voted on this for other reasons, please comment about the functionality that you’re looking for. Thanks!

10. Enable editing of Sway on Android via an app

Until we can edit and update our Sway on the go and anywhere than this will not be perfect. It would be ideal to take a snap on our camera phone and instantly upload it to Sway for editing. I use my phone more than a laptop/ computer to work so having a Sway app would turn this into a much more user friendly concept

155 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Integrate Google Analytics Code

I would like to add the Google Anyltics tracking code.
    Adding the UA Code for my google Analytics profile, like Tumblr is doing it, would be a great way.

157 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. data storage to move within EU

Today our sway is not stored within EU, that forces us to block Sway, so we can't use it! Please move the storage of sway for EU installations to servers within EU.

https://products.office.com/en-us/where-is-your-data-located?geo=Europe

154 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Format Navigation of Sections Separately (combine horizontal and veritcal navigation)

I would like the ability to change the formatting of the navigation for individual sections, allowing me to scroll up and down between sections, but right and left in a particular section (or vice-versa). Right now it is an all one way or the other.

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Group ownership & management of Sways

It appears that even in on the O365 platform, Sway is entirely tied to individual user accounts, with Sways stored strictly in individuals' OneDrive for Business space? What if a group of people want to collaboratively build sways and a team (or the entire company) needs to take ownership of Sways in order to manage them as a corporate information resource? Is that even possible? If not, I see that as a major barrier to adoption as a business communication & collaboration tool, which is too bad, because I think it has good potential as a container for documentation &…

148 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. More flexibilty

Sway is a great product but it is VERY restricted.
    We need the ability to add background colour, resize images or text and move items around freely. If you add these features, Sway will be without a doubt the best presenting program available.

146 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Export Sway to PowerPoint

Sways should have the ability to export as .pptx

136 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Autoplay through a multiple sways in a playlist and loop as a continuous presentation

I would like to use sway to present stories of victories and recent achievements to people who come into my office on a casual basis, to keep people in the loop about what's been happening.

This would require creating a Sway for each victory story, and then creating a playlist of Sways which could auto-play through. It would be played on a loop setting on a TV in the office.

I think Sway would be a fabulous method to presenting and communitcating these stories, but without the ability to auto-play a sway, play through multiple sways in a playlist, and…

127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We don’t support the ability to “create a playlist” but if you have an Office 365 subscription, you can now set your Sway to play automatically! If you are the author of the Sway, use the … to go to Settings for that Sway and turn auto-play on.

18. Prevent Image Downloads

Please prevent a user from doing the right-click Save Image trick. if a photographer is going to use Sway, he doesn't want his pictures download all over the web fro free.

Thanks.

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a new font to Sway

I would like to suggest "Segoe Pro" as a font in Sway in order to be in line with Microsoft's brand guidelines. In this way a Microsoft employee with an exchange account xx@microsoft.com has access to it, when working in sway and using it for internal and external use.

125 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Digital Inking

I love Digital Inking and would like Sway to support it for quick drawing, graph, math and why not able to write on the go.

Also support for different colors of pen ink.

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base