Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Speaker notes

Add speaker notes box.

Speaker notes should be able to be viewed in separate window (or synched on a separate device would be 100x better!!). I need all the help I can when I present.

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. organizing sways

I use sways to make newsletters for parents, staff meettings, resources for parents, special events for our childcare center. We have created quite a few sways in the past few months and it has become a little hard to organize and keep track of them. I would love to be able to put them in folders to keep them organized. I also have 4 other Directors at our center. We would love to be able to have the permission to be able to edit each others sway without being the initial owner. I would love to speak to someone in…

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Animations

Adding a subset of PowerPoints animations will help engage those reading our Sways. eg Pan+Zoom, header scroll, fade in / out etc.
    Obviously there's a fine line between ease of creation and fully customizable options, keeping the animation selection to a minimum would b prudent.

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove the need to sign-in to Sway when it is embedded into a SharePoint Online site

Remove the need to sign-in to Sway when it is embedded into a SharePoint Online site

114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. to be able to embed Sway in an email

to be able to embed a Sway into an email for distribution via MailChimp or Dotmailer. Even just regular email through Outlook would be better than nothing. I love the tool but nobody clicks on links in emails and I need to maintain my readership!

113 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Mindmap storyboard mode

A mindmap story board mode may help organize ideas and present them amazingly quick and in an awesome way.

111 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Live calendar embedding

Please make it possible to embed a live calendar into a Sway that can be clicked on to open events and will reflect any live updates. We are replacing our current web site program with the use of Sway for teacher websites. One HUGE issue with the transition is the inability to have a calendar of events and assignments due. This is something that parents and students need to be able to see and interact with. If I just post a picture of a calendar that would have to be updated at every edit. Or if I link to an…

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. background music feature to be added to my sway

background music feature to be added to my sway

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this suggestion. Right now, we do have an audio card (so you can add a file, or record something to add to your Sway).

Any more information you have is appreciated on how you’d like this scenario to work (ie – does it come from spotify/youtube/a file? should it play the entire time, or just for certain sections? what types of documents would you use this on?)!

Thanks again!

9. Add Yammer Feed to Sway

Add the ability to insert Yammer conversations from Corporate Network to Sway

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. connect Sway Analytics in Power BI

I would like to create Power BI reports and dashboards using Sway Analytics as a data source.

Ideally, I could create reports using analytics from Sways I have created and Sways for which I have author access.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Export to HTML5 + JS

Export to HTML5 + JS sways can be shared with links. Currently there are some web apps which dissect and present powerpoint presentations. Put an end to that and use an existing open standard

97 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Embed content from SharePoint Online

Provide the ability to embed SharePoint items, like documents, lists and pages into a sway

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Spellcheck

It would be great if we can enable spell checking when creating pages.

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Better content management

At the moment writing text offers very basic functionalities. I would like to have more options to enter text like possibility to change character style (italic, underline, linethrough, double-line).

Better handling of images in the flow with the possibility to have text adapt around the image and have images positioned in different ways with respect to the text flow. This should be applied to any media actually: twitter posts, videos etc.

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The ability to embed links to images

I'd like to be able to embed a hyperlink to images in my Sways.

95 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. A sway android app

It would be great to have a sway android app!

94 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Change position of text so it doesn't overlap vital part of title or heading photo

It would be great if the text on a Header were movable so that it would not block a vital part of the header photo.

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Deploy company templates

We'd like to be able to have a custom Sway template available for our Office 365 users to use to make Sway presentations.

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. data storage to move within EU

Today our sway is not stored within EU, that forces us to block Sway, so we can't use it! Please move the storage of sway for EU installations to servers within EU.

https://products.office.com/en-us/where-is-your-data-located?geo=Europe

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. change font colors

Our school has adopted the use of Sway on a large scale. One issue, however, that we have is that the ability to change font color and size is very limited. As a teacher we would like to make one word a different color than the sentence, for example, so that we could highlight that word, such as a vocabulary term. Thanks for your consideration.

87 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base