Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. To be able to link within a Sway.

The ability to link within a Sway. So for example you could create a page with links to spots within the Sway, like either a table of contents. This will allow more flexibility for navigating through a Sway. Besides ease of navigation to go to a particular spot, this will also allow reinforcing conceptual schemata if that is relevant to the topic being presented.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for this suggestion! Yes, there are definitely topics that could use a navigation that is custom to that subject matter. If you have any more information about scenarios that you’d use this for, please post some comments with more information.

It’s helpful for us to know how this would be used. For example, do people want a hamburger menu with custom navigation that includes stuff like (Contact Us, Donate Now)? Or do you want to be able to have references within your text that allow you to jump to another section?

Thanks again.

2. create elearning SCORM contents with sway

embeded sway in LMS. Export to SCORM package

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Merge

Can you introduce feature to merge two sways.

86 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I'd like to add buttons to Sway for an interactive experience, so that users can choose to click on option A, B, or C. Clicking on one shoul

I'd like to add buttons to Sway for an interactive experience, so that users can choose to click on option A, B, or C. Clicking on one should jump them to that location in Sway.

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Collapsible Sections

It'd great if the content contained under a header was collapsible. So you click the header to expand out or collapse the content. People wanting to present a lot of information could really cut back on the raw size of their sway with this.

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Embed web content as iFrame in a Sway

I would like to be able to embed an external website inside a sway as content, so you could scroll through that website as part of the sway. This would be use din instructional manuals that are authored as Sway's, but contain small embedded live sites, such as forums or forms or other similar items.

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Select Thumbnail for Uploaded Video

When uploading a video or selecting it from OneDrive, the video thumbnail appears to automatically generate, and not just from the first frame of the video.

The ability to select a different part of the video to serve as the thumbnail or upload a different picture entirely to serve as the thumbnail would be a great way to make videos look a bit more professional. Some of the videos of people I've uploaded have automatically captured the thumbnail with their face in less-than-desirable frames

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Crop/edit photos in addition to specifying focus points

Cropping isn't just about picking what shows up in the Sway stream, it's also about eliminating/censoring parts of the picture so they can't be seen even when you drill in to the photo. When picking photos from one of my online accounts, it's super bandwidth intensive and time consuming to download a 1-5MB photo, open it in MSPaint etc, crop it, re-save it with a different filename, and upload it. Focus points are great, but they solve a different problem than cropping.

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Let people subscribe to sway presentations so they recieve alerts when presentations changes

Let people subscribe to sway presentations so they recieve alerts when presentations changes

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! Do you frequently edit the same Sway and want to update your readers? Or do you publish multiple Sways to Docs.com and want to notify users when something new has been published? Let us know by leaving a comment! :)

10. Full Customization

Alright Mr. Sway-Decision-Maker, it's time for a reality check.

Customization is NEVER a bad idea. Sway seems like I'm being shoehorned into making a crap presentation with a great program. The program shows promise, however I won't be using it in the future unless full customization is implemented. From the other posts I've read, either nobody working on Sway has any idea how to implement that customization (which I don't believe), or they've got their head so far up their assess that they forgot how to let people innovate within a program. I'm currently just trying to add a frame…

82 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re sorry to hear about your frustration. Sway is a new productivity tool striving to reinvent the way people work, and since Sway is still a fledgling product, there are things we’re still working on. That said, we typically follow this model: first, and foremost, we want design decisions to be automatic so that our customer isn’t obligated to spend copious amounts of time on fine grain details (for example, Sway will automatically crop your image). We came up with this automatic system by working with professional designers to try and find something that is broadly appealing. However, we know it doesn’t fit everyone, so we offer a set of overrides to help users tweak their Sway (in this same example, this would be the feature Focus Points). Finally, we want to allow customization of those overrides (in this same analogy, this would be the ability to manually crop the…

11. Option to add a navigation menu

please add the ability to add/edit navigation menus

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Interesting suggestion! Do you envision this being similar to a table of contents (with links to respective sections of a Sway)? Or more so like arrows that tell you which way to navigate through content? Or even like a navigation bar on a website that allows you to navigate to separate, non-connected parts of the same Sway? Let us know in the comments!

12. Replace image command

When adding images to cards it would be nice to have a replace image command. That way when you want to try a different image in your sway design, you don't have to always delete the image and then start a new card and add new media

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the suggestion! For the time being, we kind of have this feature for header and title cards. Just drag a new image over the card and it will pop the old picture out into a separate image card and add the new image to the header/title. We’ll continue gathering feedback to see if we should expand this capability like you suggest. :)

13. 77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Custom background textures

PowerPoint has this feature, though I've never used the green marble or fish fossil patterns...the subtle paper, linen, and wood patterns in Sway look really fantastic. Giving users the ability to choose from several preset textures would be a great way to give users just a little more "control" over the look and feel of the Sway. I know I often refer to www.subtlepatterns.com when I'm looking for something like this.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Different Text Size

You should be able to change your text size so you can fit everything on a single page.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Insert Visio Diagrams as native content

I think I can use sway for compelling presentation of technical and business information, but much of my content is in Visio and exporting to raster format like PNG to import in Sway is far from ideal (poor zoom in / details experience, large file size).

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Card Break or Line Break

Text on a text card immediately following an image card continues directly below/beside the image card rather than beginning as a new card.
    Option to force next card to start in the place of the next card and not inline as it were.

I have a horizonal scrolling sway and text is appearing below images where I would like it to appear beside it where the next card belongs.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. qr code

I'd like the option of having my sway URL encoded in a big sized QR code and having it automatically inserted at the end of the sway.

This is useful because when I present to an audience, I thought of not giving handouts to people anymore. Instead I would generate a giant QR code, encoding my Sway address, and put it in the Sway last page.

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. more granular layout control

ability to have more control over the layout

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Sway team wants to make content groups in Sway work better for you. We’d like to learn from you – whether you use groups in Sway, how you use them, what you like and what you’d like to see changed.

Please fill out this short survey to help us!
    https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbRymE30rVh0BOiw9HRUTVeDVUNkUyQlFYNlJSVUlDWkU1VEwwVklGWU9XWi4u

Also please tell us what types of layouts are you trying to achieve that Sway isn’t allowing you to do yet? Let us know in the comments!

Thanks!

20. Integrate it with Microsoft Powerpoint

I tried making a sway (or whatever you call to the product of this software) and found that it is an easy way of organizing your thoughts when doing a presentation.

Instead of putting your ideas in "Outline" in Microsoft PowerPoint, I think organizing it this way (I mean the sway way XD) makes it more easier and adorable.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! How do you imagine Sway integrating with PowerPoint? Do you want to be able to convert one to the other? What functionality would you expect to see in Sway or in PowerPoint if they were integrated? Let us know in the comments! :)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base