Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Different Text Size

You should be able to change your text size so you can fit everything on a single page.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Card Break or Line Break

Text on a text card immediately following an image card continues directly below/beside the image card rather than beginning as a new card.
    Option to force next card to start in the place of the next card and not inline as it were.

I have a horizonal scrolling sway and text is appearing below images where I would like it to appear beside it where the next card belongs.

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Browse sways from my organization, or appear in DELVE /Office 365/

Its very compatible if the sways created by our organization is could be explored through DELVE or Sharepoint site, since its part of knowledge sharing so why not to let it be exploreable, manageable
    Maybe you guys already doing something great about it,

Sway is great to use. I love it

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. more granular layout control

ability to have more control over the layout

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Sway team wants to make content groups in Sway work better for you. We’d like to learn from you – whether you use groups in Sway, how you use them, what you like and what you’d like to see changed.

Please fill out this short survey to help us!
    https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbRymE30rVh0BOiw9HRUTVeDVUNkUyQlFYNlJSVUlDWkU1VEwwVklGWU9XWi4u

Also please tell us what types of layouts are you trying to achieve that Sway isn’t allowing you to do yet? Let us know in the comments!

Thanks!

5. Choose from multiple paths trough my presentation

I dont want my presentation to be a single strand of information, but spontaneously decide which slide/card to go next according to the situation.
    If i could put links between cards of similar topic, i could choose where to go next during the presentation.
    So i can easily adjust my presentation acc. to different audiences, times and questions, without editing the presentation.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is definitely something we’d like to ultimately build for Sway! What types of scenarios do you see yourself building something like this? Personal stories? Reading materials sent out to colleagues or to a class? Something else? Let us know in the comments!

6. Embed in SharePoint

I would like to be able to embed Sway into my SharePoint site using the content editor web part.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Integrate it with Microsoft Powerpoint

I tried making a sway (or whatever you call to the product of this software) and found that it is an easy way of organizing your thoughts when doing a presentation.

Instead of putting your ideas in "Outline" in Microsoft PowerPoint, I think organizing it this way (I mean the sway way XD) makes it more easier and adorable.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! How do you imagine Sway integrating with PowerPoint? Do you want to be able to convert one to the other? What functionality would you expect to see in Sway or in PowerPoint if they were integrated? Let us know in the comments! :)

8. ...to search Sway presentations from within 365

To be able to search the Sway presentations of my organization within Office 365 and Yammer 365

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve 'Invite' feature

When sharing a Sway with specific people, email addresses are requested but no notification is sent to those email recipients to let them know that the Sway has been shared. This is contra to how specific sharing from OneDrive/SharePoint works leading our users to believe they have shared Sways when, in fact, the recipient has no knowledge of the fact that they have been granted access. To improve, please generate an email to email addresses specified (like the one that comes from sharing files from OneDrive) CC'd to the owner(s) letting them know that the Sway has been shared. Also,…

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Insert a live twitter hashtag or feed

I would like to be able to insert a twitter field, which I can set to a specific #hashtag, which would then show the e.g. newest 1-3 tweets.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support Photosphere or 360 degrees panoramas

I really, really wish there is support of panoramas in Sway. This should include 360C photos as well as "normal" wide panoramas. Like in Google Photos or Flickr

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. export

We would like to export/import a Sway. This way our students could export a Sway from their school account and import it to their privat account, when they're leaving school. Or one teacher could export his sway and give it to another teacher who then could import it and adapt it to his needs in his own account. As a workaround we can share a sway, open it with the other account and duplicate it then. But a export/import possibility would be way better. Thanks.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add Additional Owners (not authors)

I would like to see the ability to add multiple owners who have full control of the Sway and its settings.

This would be in addition to the collaborative functionality available via the edit link. A co-owner would be able to modify Sway settings and properties.

Here are a few functionalities that are currently unavailable for co-authors:
    1. Save as Template option
    2. Modify View settings with Settings Menu
    3. Share 'Edit' and 'View' links within the Share Menu

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Audio to auto play.

when I start scrolling in sway, I want audio file to automatic play as I scroll.

68 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. More embed options

I love how you can now add embedded content to a Sway. However, I would also like to add content from more services.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Template Sways

or edit examples like the "Sways we love" to learn how other Sways use the Sway tools.
    Maybe this could be realized through a tutorial.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Download Sway as a Flash file

sway should be able to be downloaded as a flash file to play arround and share.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Set photo as background image for entire Sway

It would be great if the user could set a custom background (e.g. a photo or color) which is always shown as the background. Text and other content in a Sway would appear in front of this background.

64 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I would like sway to be embed into email for marketing use. This programme has so much it could offer.

A way to embed or copy the HTML of the sway so I can use it for marketing newsletters. even copying the HTML for use with Dotmailer etc would be amazing.

63 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Photobooks

A photo book is still an amazing way to capture memories and particularly the older generation appreciates it very much....I wonder if the AI/machine learning of Sway could help creating such a book out of an existing sway and move it to respective printing companies for the finishing touches.....such a feature could get printing companies to endorse SWAY and/or build add-ons in the future....

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base