Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Full screen browsing

In full screen browsing, I can not use the mouse to click to switch the page, if use the mouse wheel, the entire page can't switch once

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. focus points

In the Preview version of Sway, if you added a large image, say 3714x2994 at 300dpi, it did a wonderful job of re-sizing based on screen size. For an image that size, it would appear fully on larger screens and take 2 Sway screens on smaller ones. This was perfect as it allowed the user to view the entire image on 1 or two screens no matter the device. And the only thing visible was the image.

Now, even with selecting the "Entire image is important" option, on smaller screens, Sway insists on cropping the full image to fit the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve made some changes to how Sway lays out images so they never take more than 1 screen to see all the content. As a result, if you select ‘The entire image is important,’ Sway won’t crop the image. It will fit it into the viewport and then add the accent color (depending on the style) to fill the additional space (if needed), which is why you’re seeing a white box appear. Were you not concerned about users having to scroll through an image over multiple screens as opposed to being able to consume the entire image at once? Let us know why or why not in the comments!

3. Let the input be easier

The idea I made of Sway was an I/O software... And I discovered a wonderful output generator... Please let me include content "à la volée" : Let me write or copy text quickly, add photos or videos for further layouts or adjustings... If possible :) Otherwise I will keep my OneNote nearby ;)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Additional Context Menu

I would really like to see a context menu at text editing and some other places additionally to the CardDeck-menu strip at the top

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. format of headings to be kept from a word document.

I used a Word document that had a structure given by title, heading 1, heading 2. Formats and levels should be kept.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Locking the Guiding Icons for New Users Throughout Entire Presentation

As a new user in the current set-up, you only receive a guiding icon to tell you how to use Sway (click through stack, select arrow to continue, etc) once or twice, and then the feature disappears.

I would like to see the ability to "lock" down this guiding system for all users, as we may send out communication via Sway to hundreds of new users who will not remember how to use Sway after just one or two times being "guided."

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. поделиться аналитикой группы fly

поделиться аналитикой группы fly

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Font icons as content media

Enable using font icons as content media as well for presenting links in text

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Combine image display options

Have the ability to combine image display options. I would like to have comparison images in a slide show or maybe in a grid. Currently you pick either or and you can't combine the options.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. See more detailed analytics (geographic) or be able to add a google analytics tag to Sway

The analytics Sway currently offers are very basic. I'd like to see for example how many readers there are per region/country and how much time they actually spend reading it. If it's not possible to implement this in the Analytics section, it would be nice to have the possibility to add a Google Analytics tag to your Sways.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Description for embed

Ability to comment/add a description on embedded content

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make cursor insertion at the end of an existing text segment easier

Make inserting the cursor at the end of an existing text block easier. I have had loads of fun trying to trick Sway and win my attempt to insert the cursor at the end of a text segment. I do travel blogs on my iPhone a lot and often come back to edit. On an iPhone it is tricky to use your finger to insert the cursor because the ap thinks you want to insert a new Sway segment. It can get pretty annoying. The only way to trick Sway is to put your selection cursor up high on the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add a section header card so that is easier to categorize.

Add a section header card so that is easier to categorize.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Hardware Acceleration to the Sway App

It would be really nice if you could add hardware acceleration capability to the Sway application. The app starts to really drag under a lot of photos.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. education sways so that content text is levelled at primary level

sways need to be accessible for students - at the moment i cant get content leveled at primary level - the text retrieved is too hard - it'd be great to have education sways where content is simplified and easier to read for younger users

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. IQ Option

Business Address:
    Serving
    New York, NY 10010
    Business Phone:
    +44 20 8068 0760
    Business Email:
    support@iqoption.com
    https://iqoption.trading
    Keywords:
    IQ option, IQoption, IQ options, IQOptions
    Description:
    IQ Option - online trading platform.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. publish sway to office video channel.

Have an option to publish a completed sway as an Office Video to be discoverable in an Office Video channel.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Picture and Video Content Filter for Education

I work with middle school students. When we use SWAY, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to filter the content that students can search for images and videos. I did see that I can turn off some of the search sites like Flikr, Pickit, Wikipedia, and YouTube. What I am interested in doing is filtering the content coming from what ever search engine is working behind the scenes when students want to insert pictures and videos. Also, it would be helpful to have a means of reporting inappropriate content that passes through the filter.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base