Sway Suggestion Box

Welcome to Microsoft Sway’s Suggestion Box by UserVoice!

To help us build the best version of Sway, we have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to hear your ideas and suggestions. We will read all the suggestions, and we regularly review the ideas and incorporate them into product planning discussions. Please note that the suggestion box is moderated and is a voluntary participation-based project. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms.

How it works
• Create a user account if you want to add a new suggestion or vote on existing suggestions.
• Select one of the feedback forums listed.
• Check out the ideas others have suggested and vote on your favorites.
• Search for your suggestion and if you can’t find something similar, you can submit your own.
• Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post and limited to 25 words or less.
• When you post an idea to our forum, others will be able to subscribe to it and make comments.

In addition to the Sway Suggestion Box, we have…
Show us your Sway
Have you created a Sway that you think is awesome? Then share it with others by posting a link to it in our Show us your Sway page. We might even feature it on www.sway.com.

Sway for iPad & iPhone (iOS)
Do you use Sway’s iOS app? We’d love to hear your feedback on the Sway for iPad & iPhone page.

Need technical support? Please visit the Microsoft Community or the Office Support site.

Thanks for joining our community and helping improve Sway!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. to know how to create one class account because my students are only 7 years old.

I'd like instructions on how to create one class account to make it easier for my 7 yr old students to use Sway.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. transition

The transitions on Sway must be made smooth. At the moment, they are often jerky. Or clunky. They have no mass. This is a stark contrast to transitions on other presentation platforms.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. where did the "preview" ?

the old interface with the "preview" was much better !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sway future vision  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Insertando imagen si tengo la posibilidad una imagen del portapapeles, aunque no de manera directa, pegando en el texto si. Qusiera lo mejor

Insertando IMAGEN si tengo la posibilidad de pegar imágenes del portapapeles aunque no de manera directa, hay que pegar en el texto para que se cargue. Estaría bien lo mejoraran para que se peguen en el área de imagen y se soporte el pegado en Pila, Presentación. etc.
    Ya que trabajo con capturas de pantalla con indicadores insertados. Sería oneroso estar guardando en archivos y luego cargarlas.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add various clip arts and background templates

I woyld love to see various clip arts which can be added into my sway or background templates with watermark effects.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Select only Accessible themes

Many government departments are limited to creating accessible documents. It would be nice if our users had an option to select only themes the know meets accessibility requirements based on colour contrasts/text sizes. It would also be nice to have template sets for different organisations.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Making Sway look amazing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. print embedded content

Allow for embedded content to be rendered and printed (Power BI visuals, Excel docs, etc.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Viewing and sharing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make Sway work with Webboards

Webboards allow publishing SMS from attendees directly into presentations (the conductor choose which question/remark to publish). It would be really great if we could integrate this simple technology (wich does not need app or smartphone) into sway through an API or something likewise.
    Webboards allow also to create simple and beautiful poll which can be integrated has oEmbed object in any service that support them.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add the setting of “Allow sharing only with the external users that already exist in your organization’s directory” to Microsoft Sway

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Sway の共有について

Add the setting of “Allow sharing only with the external users that already exist in your organization’s directory” to Microsoft Sway

■Description(内容)
    Microsoft Sway にて共有を行う際に、ディレクトリ内に既に存在する外部ユーザーとのみ共有する項目がありません。
    そのため、Microsoft Sway の共有項目内に [組織のディレクトリに既に存在する外部ユーザーとの共有のみ許可する] 等の設定項目の追加を希望いたします。

Currently I have recognized that there is no setting to share the items with external users who already exist in the directly when sharing in Microsoft Sway.
    Therefore, I hope the setting such as “Allow sharing only with the external users that already exist in your organization’s directory” will be added in settings for Microsoft Sway.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. to pull pictures from files/albums that were shared with me on OneDrive.

Right now, when I click on OneDrive, I only see a "Files" button to choose files from. It would be super convenient and awesome to have "Shared" and "Photos" buttons as well.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Creating a Sway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Your directions don't indicate how to change a design. They are shallow and don't actually work.

Your directions don't go far enough to show how to change a template or customize colors. They just don't work in real life. More detail is needed.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Sway forum or site feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Supply API to get information of contact as department from exchange online by mail app

i am building an app for outlook web app
    account is exchange online

by app, i want to get department of inputted email belong exchange online
    exist in global address list

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Onedrive

When trying to send information to ONEDRIVE it dose not send it to the updated version and I am unable to use the other.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Let readers modify autoplay

As readers may have different needs when it comes to autoplay, it would be a good idea to let readers change the autoplay tempo.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable Aliasing of Sway

I am an FTE -- Love Sway. I think it would be good to have the ability to create a unique alias for Sways that correlates to the URL that is create automatically when you create a Sway. Let's say I create a new Sway and wanted to use a URL that I can remember, it would be cool if I can have a feature that would allow me to pair my unique name (something readable) with the auto generated URL.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. very basic simple html formatting commands support please

I love sway and cards.. I think it made lot of learning simple to me.. However as the saying goes by the user like me want more of this amazing product...

html formats and html5 media formats are the way of the content organisation. i would love to have different background colors and different font colors for all the text and videos i want to load up. Audio files,videofiles embedding would be something i was also looking forward. however simple html contents/file supports/html5 media support must be in the future plan i hope.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add tel function for dialing and call to action purposes

I noticed the tel function is not currently supported. I am going to look for a workaround concept, probably a link back to the site, but this might be nice to add in the near future.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base