Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jayantijayanti shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Donovan SchultDonovan Schult commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A background audio track on the entire sway presentation would be the single best thing to change Sway and make it better to use. More relevant, more scope in how we can use it and an even more awesome experience for those who view our Sways

• SeabreezeSeabreeze commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In PowerPoint we can add an MP3 file or an MP4 file, we need to be able to add background music in Sway.

• hecatehecate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe I can't find a way to add a soundtrack for a Sway presentation. Did I just miss it, or is there really no way? I thought I've4 seen Sways that had music playing throughout, but maybe they were Mixes?

• FredFred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add an audio track to an entire Sway presentation.

• NoahNoah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Music that playes in backround that loops untill asked to stop.
        With also different sound track

• Guido PilaquingaGuido Pilaquinga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sería muy bueno, que Sway cuente con la opción de colocar audio en las secciones, y que se puedan configurar para reproducir de manera automática, como lo tiene Power Point. Gracias. Cómo si fuera o spot publicitario, o un video.

• JasmineJasmine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I desperately need to have some background music while I do the oral presentation because that'll create a more pleasurable atmosphere and more casual for my classmates/teachers. For now I can only embed a video then click "loop" in front of everyone to make sure there's music, which is super awkward for me. :P Looking forward to new features! Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to add music to the Sway allows for more creativity. The music can add mood, emotions, etc. It is like the music to a dance. When they are put together, it changes the meaning of the content

• SergioSergio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love a feature to allow for audio to be included and synced with a Sway. I have an interview with my grandparents that I would love to use Sway with to tell an interactive story of their life with maps to show addresses of their homes, historic photos, etc and to be able to have the Sway flow based on what they are saying (while allowing for those interested to dive deeper into interactive media while the audio continues, but Sway fails to provide this option in its current state. Please update to incorporate this feature. Many others could use to include music as well.

• Mr. YMr. Y commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! Adobe Voice, which is only available for iOS platform, allows narration per slide, as well as background music which plays through all slides.

It is about time that Microsoft incorporates at least these features as well, and hopefully improve to allow individual sound clips for each slide.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like it to autoplay and also be manual so if people find the music not to their liking they can stop it.

• RR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely manual and autoplay options. I enjoy creating short instrumental songs that are meant to loop. Awesome =)

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was viewing a Sway while listening to music on YouTube, and as I was reading the text within the Sway the music I had playing really made the Sway come to life, it felt more inspirational. So I decided to see if I could add background music, which was a no. So I came here to see if it was already suggested, and it was.

I think background music option would be a strong feature for Sway. Imagine if a photographer wanted to Sway about his week shooting space photography, photographing the stars and such, while in the background having some smooth space ambient music playing.

The music should auto-play as soon as someone begins to view the presentation unless the Author has chosen otherwise. Why I think it should auto-play and not mute when the Sway begins is so that the music draws your attention.
        However there should be a pop-up at the beginning with what Florian commented below "for example a small transparent loudspeaker-icon "background music on/off" that fades out after 5 seconds" then once the transparent loudspeaker has faded away, you just hover with the mouse over that same area to find the loudspeaker again.

That's my two cents.

• FlorianFlorian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the author should be able to predefine auto-play/manual play. If auto-play is predefined the viewer should have the possibility to turn background music off during the first seconds of the presentation (for example a small transparent loudspeaker-icon "background music on/off" that fades out after 5 seconds).

• Jimmy BJimmy B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think it would be good to have the audio muted by default similar to how facebook video and vine work. That seems to be the least intrusive.

Feedback and Knowledge Base