I would like...

Sway for Windows 10 Mobile

Please, develop Sway app for Windows 10 Mobile.

1,352 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Matheus ViniciusMatheus Vinicius shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdrianAdrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Daniel Ahrari Microsoft will reap the seeds of what they sow. Can't really convince people to buy Windows-powered smartphones if they prioritize Android and iOS. A progressive web app would be nice, but iOS and Windows 10 Mobile don't support them, only Android does (at the time of writing this).
        Microsoft has a lot of nice ideas, but they abandon them too quickly if they don't work right out of the gate. Apple is the opposite: they take ideas and polish them slowly over time. Then, Microsoft salts the wound and makes everything US-only. It's hard to compete with global companies like Google when non-US citizens are treated as less important. I know we're not all rich out here, but it doesn't mean we're not willing to pay for quality. But the quality is not there.
        One more thing: Microsoft is really, really bad at communicating properly with the public. They constantly overpromise and underdeliver, they don't provide important PR updates, and the marketing is disappointing. Can't sell your devices and services to people that don't see them front and center. There are even people inside Microsoft that don't know about Lumias - are you kidding me? SALES ARE ABOUT EXPOSURE. Microsoft needs to graduate from a shy, kindergarten kid to a full-fledged adult. I do trust Nadella to make the right decisions, but I honestly think he's not right to ignore smartphones - we're not yet in the affordable, mainstream AR era. That's at least 5 years away, even if you're an optimist. Voice assistants? Alexa and Google Home, and now Apple's HomePod are in people's hands. Where's Cortana? See - that's why I'm angry at Microsoft: they're always late to the party, and they always drop the ball. That's not a mindset for success.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looking forward to getting a positive update on W10M, your OS that you are responsible for, we really want Sway on this device and it should be easy to provide via UWP, at least this is what MS says. Coming up on the 2 year anniversary of the original announcement. Thank you.

• Osi EzikeOsi Ezike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need sway for windows phone mobile regardless being a dying OS. it's things like this that killed the windows phone due to less apps in the store and instead of concentrating on having much of their own software apps they are busy pacifying IOS and Android mobile clients.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

August 5, 2015....

This initial release of Sway on Windows 10 is for PCs and tablets. We’re working on Sway for Windows Phones, which will arrive in the coming months. Stay tuned for more!

Update?? Why do you ignore your users?

• Daniel AhrariDaniel Ahrari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are better and more urgent suggestions here than this. As a previous owner of 3 Windows phones and even as a Finn (lived in the center of the Lumia and WinMo hype for years) I reckon there's no point in making a Sway app for Windows mobile. All, even good things, must come to an end.

Instead of crying for an app implementation for a dying phone OS, how about you guys demanded for a truly universally compatible HTML5 version of Sway, to be used with any kind of browser in any kind of device with a viewport of any size?

Yes yes, there might've been some promises about Sway coming to every UWP enabled device. But hey, that was 2 years ago, when WinMo still carried a vague odor of hope.

"Please stop ignoring us" you guys say. Then why did "you" guys ignore Windows phones if it's so good? Why only ~0.7% of the phones "you guys" bought in the last 4 quarters were WinMo phones?

• GeoffreyGeoffrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could someone please update us on the availability of a UWP app for this part of the Office family? Please stop ignoring us. Surely you can see this is the top request. Update this thread and tell us what is going on. Over 1,230 votes and you can't update us?

"This initial release of Sway on Windows 10 is for PCs and tablets. We’re working on Sway for Windows Phones, which will arrive in the coming months. Stay tuned for more!" (by Sway Team, on August 5, 2015--Announcing Sway General Availability,Windows 10 app and more!)

In the coming months... No offence but that is a bold face lie

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So much for Universal Windows Platform. If you as a company don't take W10M seriously how can you expect 3rd party devs to do that? The fact that Office (your core business and the biggest source of revenue) is not available on all Windows versions (also your core business and now the 3rd biggest source of revenue) is just silly. Especially since your own CEO claims that he wants to have "the best Microsoft experience to be on Windows"

• Felix JacobiFelix Jacobi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After 15 (!) months still no Sway app for Windows Phone or Windows 10 Mobile. Come on there is an app for iOS and even Android. Please support your own platform.

.... it's been a year since that comment was made about making the app for Windows 10 mobile. I have had a space for it in my office folder and it has not gotten the dark green S added to the Blue W, the green X, the Red L (office lens), the orange P, or the Purple N....
        While on the "enemy" side iOS including iPhone got the app automatically from the start. And if you do release it, make it available for the November update phones please and thank you.

Is amazing the fact that there's no app for W10 mobile! Even worse Sway is an UWP!!. Think ok your platform before android and IOS.,

• DaveDave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Surprised it has taken this long and there is still no Win10M APP. started using this to share my photos albums, would love to be able to do this from my phone easily.

• MikeMike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In the Windows Support forum you indicate that we need to click here and register feedback, but seems nothing is done about the problem... Last reply one year ago.

Where is the app for Windows Mobile, the platform and handset that *you* make, not your competition...

Are you serious not having an app for windows 10 mobile? Do i really need to buy iphone?

• Gene Vangampelaere (#MIEExpert)Gene Vangampelaere (#MIEExpert) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a Microsoft Expert Educator (MIEExpert) I want to use Sway in my training classes. It would be nice to use it on my Lumia 950xl with Continuum. There are apps for iOS and Android why not an UWP app?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base