I would like...

More flexibilty

Sway is a great product but it is VERY restricted.
We need the ability to add background colour, resize images or text and move items around freely. If you add these features, Sway will be without a doubt the best presenting program available.

118 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joan Cannon-Dicks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simply the easiest way to throw together a professional looking presentation. Think of a new user -let's say, an older educator who isn't really all that tech savvy. Yet, she needs to pull something together for a faculty presentation. This is it! Too many option, too many issues, too many clicks - and you will lose her. For those who want more control, master PowerPoint. As for me... I think of Sway is a tool wherein I plug in the content and let Sway worry about making it look good. On days when I have time to be more OCD and controlling, I dig into PowerPoint. Sway Team... don't be persuaded to add too many options. Consider my second argument. One of the biggest classroom selling features is that kids spend more time adding content and less time playing with formatting options as compared to PowerPoint.

• WDG EIC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree completely.
        1. Be able to set bg color by swatches, or HEX
        2. Be able to set font color by same UI
        3. Use a scalable box for focus area and not a circle.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also more fonts to choose from, to make it on par with what the other programs in the Office suite offer.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Couldn't agree more. As a designer I HATE PowerPoint but it is a necessary evil as Sway is just so restrictive it's difficult to be creative. Shame as the basis behind it is sound!

Feedback and Knowledge Base