I would like...

The layout of an exported Sway should be the same as the Sway it was exported from.

I tried Sway a while ago, but the lack of offline viewing options rendered it useless.
When I saw that an Export feature had been added, I gave it another go.
Foolishly, I created a new Sway, rather than trying to export an existing one.
What a waste of time. Having spent time formatting my Sway to look how I wanted it, I exported it to PDF, but when I viewed the PDF, the layout had changed, so it didn't resemble my Sway.

49 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    alex shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could not agree more! We have made this very nice presentation in Sway only to find out that exporting completely changes the look and feel and now we are unable to offer a printed copy available during our presentation b/c the printed copy is garbage.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with this - although the better solution is to just make Sway files available offline.

I'm only trying to create a PDF to get around this mission critical issue

NOT EVERYWHERE ON EARTH HAS NETWORK CONNECTION!

• Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This happened to me the other day. I thought I had made a cool looking music video treatment but really I had a PDF that looked terrible, I could have made a better looking one in Word. It was late and I sent it not checking to make sure that what I had made was what I exported and I sent a very unprofessional looking document.

Feedback and Knowledge Base