I would like...

Embed Sway directly into email

Looking for Sway to be embedded into an email rather than just clicking on the link.

850 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David Evans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

32 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Devendra Gautam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sway should be able to be embedded into an email rather than just clicking on the link. This will give me a way to send video email.

• Tracey B.E. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been corrected yet? Such a pain to not be able to put a Sway into an email. I love Sway otherwise.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has there been an update ie: fix, yo this problem. I was hopeful that sway would be a great new tool for my newsletter but no go if I can't attach completed file to email. I too have lots of people that do not have fb or other social media, only use email. HELP MS!

• Lynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on sending out newsletters via email w/o link. Great program but agree can't just send a link. Also when I do send a link it opens sway not the created version. All videos and tutorials show completed projects. I just created an entire newsletter and can't share via email :(.

Agree with the others---Sway NEEDS to have the option to put whole newsletters in email messages or I'm done as a user.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Was a happy Picassa user could e mail it.
        Had great hopes for SWAY. Great programme BUT my older friends are not on FACEBOOK etc. just email.
        So now no sharing. We are not all on the new media If it worked why change it.
        Email me when you get it sorted.
        Until then Bye Bye Sway

Please provide sharing as email attachment ot enable me to use SWAY. Otherwise will find other medium. Shame!

Not being able to email a Sway presentation without having to click on a link is absolutely critical to me. Otherwise, this program, while very good, is TOTALLY USELESS.

I'm a new sway user and I have created a sway of baby photos. I would like to email it to family and friends. How can I do this?

• mehmet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The first thing I looked for after watching Sway tutorial was ability to send a newsletter included in the email, and seeing that many people are looking for this feature, and sadly, it is not there yet :(

I agree! I like Sway a lot, but in order to utilize it I must be able to put it in an email without sending my readers to click on a link!

From what I gather, this has been suggested several times from users, for several years now. The Sway Team always responds "thank you, we'll note the suggestion" and that's it.

Adding my request for sway as an immediate access newsletter in email. Clicking on a link dramatically cuts down readership.

• Nicolas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Love ideas from the comments about Sway as Newsletter in email.
        But I don't think it could work as you can't do a mailing list with Sway and it will require another email address for sender.

• AJ Plummer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would just like to add in that I think this would be a very useful inclusion. Right now I send HTML newsletters via Outlook by using a VBA macro that imports the HTML page into the Outlook email body. Being able to do this with Sway would be wonderful.

Need the capability to export into html file to import to use with email list in constant contact. I'm very frustrated that Sway does not have this capability. Sway claims it creates newsletters, but does not offer any way to distribute the newsletter. So sad, so mad.

• Rachel Leist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sharing a Sway via email without using a link is critical for this program to really take hold.

Our company tells us not to click on links as they are a security concern... emails are hacked regularly and even if its from someone I know - I'm not going to take a chance and click on a link.

So if I choose to send out my sway companywide as a newsletter and everyone has to click on a link... my message will not reach everyone because many will not take the time to click on a link either for a security fear or because they are to lazy to take the time - message lost. Sadly because it is awesomely fun to create!!

I hardly need a design department when I can create with Sway - but without the flexibility to save it between the Microsoft suite of products - I am wasting my time.

Shocked this has not been addressed to the satisfaction of your business users!!!
        Please respond with an update on this issue! Thank you!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base