I would like...

Embed Sway directly into email

Looking for Sway to be embedded into an email rather than just clicking on the link.

854 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David Evans shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mayra Rivera commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not DONE. The request is to embed the Sway into an email. Added a thumbnail to the link does not solve the problem. It is not difficult to understand the this request. Its is an incredible app, however without this feature is useless. Very disappointed!

• Meredith Boullion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to the visual link, is it possible to create a flat preview image of the Sway to insert into an email? I understand that embedding the code into an email body isn't feasible, but something greater than a visual link would greatly improve this sharing ability - especially for users use Sway for weekly newsletters. The visual link also needs to be editable so the user can select what is previewed as content. Thank you!

• Jeane Mendes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is not done. The request was not to share, but to embed the full sway into an email, right?

• Daniel Leviatin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m surprised that Microsoft is comfortable using the word “Share” in a 365 application that is so limited and is so different from the same feature in other 365 apps.
        While I recognize that the architecture open Sway saved files does not go through SharePoint and one drive, if suede has a share button, it should share the same way as other 365 apps such as PowerPoint, etc

• Mel Grant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not done! Very disappointed to find you've just added a thumbnail to the link. I want the full Sway experience to be included in the email body. When is this likely to happen?? Otherwise my comms team will continue to cut and paste static pictures into their emails.

• sjameson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't think this is "Done". I believe the request was to embed the Sway into an email...but this new "solution" just creates an image link instead of a text link. It is still just a link to the presentation.

Many email clients block links and most people do not want to click on a link because it often leads to malware.

What would be really useful would be to have the Sway actually embeded, so that it can be viewed in the email...with no linking.

• TH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with many of the comments here--to embed Sway directly in the email would be far more useable than the visual link.

• Devendra Gautam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sway should be able to be embedded into an email rather than just clicking on the link. This will give me a way to send video email.

• Tracey B.E. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this been corrected yet? Such a pain to not be able to put a Sway into an email. I love Sway otherwise.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has there been an update ie: fix, yo this problem. I was hopeful that sway would be a great new tool for my newsletter but no go if I can't attach completed file to email. I too have lots of people that do not have fb or other social media, only use email. HELP MS!

• Lynn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on sending out newsletters via email w/o link. Great program but agree can't just send a link. Also when I do send a link it opens sway not the created version. All videos and tutorials show completed projects. I just created an entire newsletter and can't share via email :(.

Agree with the others---Sway NEEDS to have the option to put whole newsletters in email messages or I'm done as a user.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Was a happy Picassa user could e mail it.
        Had great hopes for SWAY. Great programme BUT my older friends are not on FACEBOOK etc. just email.
        So now no sharing. We are not all on the new media If it worked why change it.
        Email me when you get it sorted.
        Until then Bye Bye Sway

Please provide sharing as email attachment ot enable me to use SWAY. Otherwise will find other medium. Shame!

Not being able to email a Sway presentation without having to click on a link is absolutely critical to me. Otherwise, this program, while very good, is TOTALLY USELESS.

I'm a new sway user and I have created a sway of baby photos. I would like to email it to family and friends. How can I do this?

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base