I would like...

YouTube thumbnails

More of a question than an idea. When we insert a YouTube video, the thumbnail looks blurry. Is Sway grabbing the custom thumbnail presented by YouTube, or finding a random frame to use in the video as the thumbnail?

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Darrell C Webster shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminSway Team (Official Rep., Office Sway) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry for the delayed response, and thanks for your detailed account of what was happening (and the screenshots)! We're logging a bug to track the issue and we'll update back once we reach a resolution. As for leaving us feedback without using votes, the best place to have conversational feedback is in the comments chains in this forum because we'll read through the comments of relevant idea submissions when developing a new feature or improving an existing one. You can also submit feedback my sending us a smile or a frown from within Sway.

• Josep commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can say an idea: Can we place or own thumbnail? Cause the thumbnail that sway takes looks horrible

• Darrell C Webster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another question. Is there a way to give feedback without using up votes? I'd prefer to use votes for submitting ideas or supporting other great ideas people have submitted.

• Darrell C Webster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Sway Team. Thanks for the prompt reply - screenshot here http://1drv.ms/1DfUw6O.
        When I first added the video to the Sway, I hadn't uploaded a custom thumbnail in YouTube. It was a standard YouTube thumbnail which is often blurry.
        I uploaded a custom thumbnail and it displays much clearer in other places I have embedded the video.
        But Sway doesn't appear to show any changes to the thumbnail. It stays with the thumbnail it first uploaded.
        I'm going to add the video again to the media card and see if it makes a difference.

Feedback and Knowledge Base