I would like...

Ability to add sound/audio files (MP3 or WAV)

ability to add music, narration, and sound files (MP3 or WAV)

935 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tom GrissomTom Grissom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Done!  ·  Sway TeamAdminSway Team (Official Rep., Office Sway) responded  · 

We are pleased to announce that we now allow you to add audio with an audio card. This is the first of many features we are planning to add for audio, so if you have any additional ideas or feedback, feel free to suggest something new or vote for existing ideas. Thanks for your feedback!

74 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've added a short recording in Sway but it stops when I go to the next card. Am I doing something wrong?

• KeeleyKeeley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good morning. Love the ability to add audio cards, but all of a sudden I'm not able to import them and I have not reached my limit, is this a glitch?

I have been trying to add my own audio (.wmv) files- I was able to insert the first audio file without a problem...but now I see it on the storyboard but the player does not display in the Sway when presented. Help!

Definitely support music ability. I am promoting an Irish retrospective for the Yarraville Street Festival in Melbourne, and the Sway event could rip open cans of Guinness if it had THE HIGH KINGS on a sound track.

• ToddTodd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Please add it soon. Voice over that is recorded within sway? Or at least the ability to add/embed an MP3 that can be played on entry to new "slide" or when clicked.

I want to be able to add my own voice as narration just like Adobe spark video. Will you add this option soon or not?

• JayJay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add sound please!!! I would love to add background music to my sway, and it just doesn't happen :( I see hundreds of people asking for it. Great application otherwise.

• TarynTaryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please help! I have just purchased a sway MP3 player watch, the screen display says the wrong day, time and year. How do I change it?!

I'm not too fussed about adding audio directly, but currently Sway does not even allow audio embed from OneDrive, storage offered from the same O365 suite ! It seems like OneDrive is only associated with Groove for playing audio files. The lack of working audio file integration has been a deal breaker for some here.

• KyleKyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to have an audio file be uploaded directly into Sway where my students can upload a podcast audio file directly opposed to using website accounts like soundcloud to embed into the program. Too much work for such a simple task.

• BoBBoB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Narration desired. Respect the synchronization hurdle across a whole Sway, but each card being dubbed seems plausible. Photo stacks and slide shows could be sync'ed to a audio dub with a "forced" clock time or left with no dub. Audio gaps between cards is acceptable.

Need to have the capability to add an mp3 or voice recording that can play in the background.

• A.M.A.M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want students to add their voice (narration) to their presentations.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's up with Sway - they refuse to say whether you can or cannot add local sound files (like MP3's) - just all this about embedding stuff from the web. There are 784 votes for ability to add sound files and the 'Official' response is dated February 16, 2015 - yes 14 months ago! Come on - let's have a straight answer and some action. Say is useless to me without this option.

• RickRick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still waiting for an easy and intuitive way to add local audio files. Would be awesome app if that could be done

Just like a video, it would be nice to launch an audio that could be speaking text as opposed to having to read it. It could describe some pictures...

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base