I would like...

Offline Mode for Sway

Would there be a way to save a Sway offline? Many conferences have little or no dependable wireless, which is also true for many schools. Offline mode would be helpful. I'm not sure if it can be done since it is dynamically rendering to different device types, but a "PDF" like snapshot mode would be helpful.

1,132 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tom Grissom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

83 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Windows 10 app does not support offline usage. There's no way to save your Sways to local device. THE RESPONSE TO THIS REQUEST BY THE MICROSOFT TEAM IS FALSE. THIS IS NOT DONE.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The promised app is ****. Keeps trying to synch in offline mode, disrupting offline presentations with synch error. They didn't even bother having the Win10 synch app know it's in offline mode.

• Maxim Bange commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

'Sway without internet' brought me here.
    The suggestion of the Sway team looks a lot like the slogan of the good old days; 'Always manually save!' Just when I start to get used to auto save from almost everything else.
    Please review 'beginning to support offline mode for Sway' actually means, as a user I'll do the same.
    Thank you and thanks to uservoice.com

It doesn't make any sense why this is married to Office 365 / online only (or limited offline support). I want to store my presentations locally or in SharePoint or really anything. This feels like Microsoft forcing the cloud "just because" and not due to some sort of advantage to it being rolled into a cloud offering. I mean the Office 365 core Office Apps can run offline with full fidelity.

• 123456789 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For years now people have complained about offline support and export to html option and still only bot replies of "Thanks for suggestion"...true response is.....thanks, but go ____ yourself

• 123456789 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft just DOES not care about people....half baked product...no offline support or export to html option....this is a joke...a travesty......SWAY is a shakespearean tragedy.....RIP Microsoft

• swa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is this I see??? I'm online and Sway isnt letting me sign in!!!I use it for my presentations. Hadn't had problems as it has been light and user friendly. so weird that I can no longer sign in.

• Sophie McIntyre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really love sway but i made a presentation for school all about progeria and it was excellent and was really proud until i found i couldn't save it on the USB i was supposed to hand it in on. How are you supposed to put a sway on a presentation as i had to write it all up by hand cause sway would not save on my science file in my one drive. Thanks for the help if you can.

I am using sway to promote road safety and show videos to support the message but I don't have wifi connectivity at the road side I want to be able to download the presentation along with the video files that could be in a folder so I can just pack and go just a simple click should load content without this ability sway is of no use in a real world environment

How about Mac? Is there an app for Mac as well? Otherwise, are you planning something on the short term?

• Hugh Gunz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sway is a great idea, but simply -- as the posts in this thread demonstrate -- is not ready for prime time. I, too, would like to use it to keep a log of events, and I'm not always able to be on line. The app does not allow you to edit a sway if you're not on line. This thread has been active for a long time and the Sway team has made no progress in dealing with the issue, despite the misleading, as many have pointed out, "done" at the top. It's hard to reach any other conclusion than that Microsoft has lost interest in Sway and that it will be canned soon, which I think would be a pity.

• Matilda Yolashka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sway does not work offline. I just tested it with Airplane mode on. I am prompted to login with my account. Even after I turn on the Internet and then login and then turn it off I am still not able to use Sway offline. Re-open the request, because it is not working. There is still no option to work with Sway offline or even view it.

When I start the Sway app in Windows 10, I am prompted to Sign In. How do I work offline?

• Carlos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesn't work.
    Whenever I try to open a sway offline, it will not load. And if the rearly case does, after a few moments it will say "sway stumbled we need to refres Sway to fix a problem" and will not let you see all the presentation

Just getting into Sway (checking out vids, tutorials, the website, the Win10 app, and user feedback). I got to this discussion by searching for offline options. I think everyone here understands that online content won't be available offline - but I don't think that everyone gets that there can be other reasons to want offline access beside not being able to get or stay online.

For compliance or policy reasons, there can be a need to stay out of the cloud; yet it would be nice to be able to create and show Sways on-premises, yet not accessed from or stored in the cloud.

Does the app provide the Sway creation functionality, or does it just call Sway services? Are there configuration options to keep Sways in-house? Is that possible for draft versions (perhaps before the Sway has been checked for sensitive content), even if not possible for presentation?

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base