I would like...

Printing a Sway

Sways are a great way to view a project 'on-screen'. If a Sway could be easily delivered in a format easily printed as well as viewed on screen with print templates suggested by Microsoft for each individual project than a Sway would be the ultimate project tool, especially for more formal presentations where a print is required (after-all, many people do also print a PowerPoint).

1,383 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dean Lewis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

104 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Attention: Microsoft Inc. Windows

Forward: Personnel

Reply: Shareholders

You are doing a good job. I think it is over in Rockport, Texas; but, there will be a few problems as they return things to normal. I will be leaving within the next 6 hours to 10 hours.

Regards,

Matthew W. Johnson (08-03-2017; 8:47 p.m. CST 2100 Bay Avenue Rockport, Texas 78382)

Matthew W. Johnson, Consultant

• Andy Kilgour commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have followed instructions above but when in print preview mode, I am only able to see 1 page of the document. If I try to print or export to PDF, only 1 page is printed or exported. Is this a bug or do I need to do something else other than the instructions shown. This is happening for my colleagues as well.

• Aldona Pikul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wanted to use Sway for internal instructions, but I am getting feedback that the print function is absolutely crucial for my colleagues. Sorry, the real world is not over paper yet.

• helenfoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this doesn't have a print option! I suggested my son used it for a presentation for his homework. It would have been perfect but he can't print! Back to Powerpoint and Word. Get it sorted Microsoft please.

• Joey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to use sway for a resume but employees sometimes want a printed copy and sway lacks this ability.

It would be amazing if you guys could add a printed sway option that uses sways design tools but instead of a webpage layout its a printed layout.

Perhaps you could incorporate templates like a resume template that omits certain details such as pictures and tries to fit all the important things on one page. Because when your printing a resume, its gonna require different design choices from a webpage layout.

• Thomas Shaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For now you can…
        1) Click on the … in the top, right corner of your Sway
        2) Choose Accessibility View
        3) Change the browser to be about the size of the paper you’ll use (for best results)
        4) Select browser built in-printing. (On Edge, Chrome, Safari – press Ctrl-P (Command-P on Mac) or use “…”/Print menu. In IE – use Tools (gear icon)/Print/Print Preview.)
        5) Choose paper size, select printer or PDF output as desired. (For best results in IE, please check “Print Background colors and images” checkbox.)
        6) Print!

Sorry but this isn't an option. Firstly, I'm going to assume that you're assuming that I'm doing this in a browser and not the app. I'm not.

Secondly, the output print looks like you'd expect a web page to print. If I put that in front of my management team they wouldn't be my management team a few days later.

Good effort all. Sway clearly has a future but in it's current iteration it's missing too many critical features to be a useful product and I've gone back to PowerPoint.

• Joey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to use Sway to make my resume but i need an option to print it out because sometimes people ask for a printed version.

• Carmaleeta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a Teacher Sway has helped me teach writing to my second grade students. However, we need to be able to print their stories so their parents and others can see their output. Printing capabilities are essential.

As a MESA teacher, my students need to be able to print their Sway journal for state and national competition. Please advise as to how my students can print on Sway. Thank you.

Children love to use computers and creative writing is a great learning tool. However these stories cannot be shared ie printing them off taking them home ... binding to a book format. This is a great teaching tool but it cannot be an accomplishment if they cannot hold it and touch it as a finished project.

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nice presentation tool, not not very useful without a PRINT function. Please add that ASAP

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base